Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The 700 Billion dollar Bailout Vs. The Global Lottery: Something don't add up

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2008, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

How many of you are listening to the 700 BILLION dollar bailout that the government is going to do to WallStreet? I mean again is not 700 million but instead 700 BILLION dollars almost 1 trillion dollars...Now something doesn't add up if you compare it to the Global Lottery...They say that the global lottery is going to pay 500 million...I found this to be very low....

But ask yourself the question....Who is going to pay that 700 billion dollar bailout? American Taxpayers right...Right? the working class right? Well what's the population of the U.S? 300 million...of those 300 million how many are working? perhaps 250 million because of those 300 there's got to be people that are younger than 18 years right...So how are they going to tax you? Aren't they going to take like 2,000 dollars a year out of your paycheck....I ask myself how can 250 million people pay 700 billion dollars close to almost 1 trillion dollars and yet the entire world which has more people thoug can't afford 700 billion dollars lottery?

Now for a second let's assume that the population of the U.S is 500 million people...If you multiply 500 million people times 100 dollars that each of them pay once, that will be 500 BILLION DOLLARS..Do you now see where i am going here? What i mean is if 250 million people each one of them pays 200 dollars 1 time that will be 500 BILLION DOLLARS...Do you now see where i am going with this? What i am trying to say is the following...I don't know how much the ticket is going to cost for this global lottery but i think is going to cost 50 dollars, because after all scratchoffs are costing 30 and 50 dollars now and look at the amount this Global lottery is going to pay...Is not paying 20 million or 50 million is paying 500 million...So if you was to play this Global lottery ONLY in the United States with 250 million people and let each ticket cost 50 dollar then it will accumulate 125 BILLION DOLLARS....So how can a lottery collect 125 BILLION DOLLARS and only pay 500 million...Now that's just using the population of the U.S alone...Now i know the world has more than 250 million people and i know that more than 250 million people are going to be playing that  Global lottery...

I know what you are going to say? Not all 250 million people in the U.S are going to play that Global lottery...My answer to that is: if you only have to play it ONCE A YEAR ON CHRISMAST and is heavily advertise on tv and if people see that it will pay 125 BILLION DOLLARS, yes they will,  specially when you have all year to gather 50 dollars to buy your ONCE A YEAR TICKET...And guess what, people of the U.S will have to play that Global Lottery in the U.S only once a year, they will only have to buy 1 ticket, not an extra ticket...

So the question is? Why this Global lottery is paying only 500 million when it has the ability to gather 125 billion dollars...

Want to know something, what if they add China? China has 1 billion people...

What am i trying to say? That they could gather up to 600 BILLION DOLLARS FROM THIS GLOBAL LOTTERY if they wanted to...

What am i also saying all sum up: That if they only used the working class population of the U.S and each person of the U.S plays 50 dollars for this once a year ticket, this Global Lottery can accumulate 125 BILLION DOLLARS,  again just by using the population of the U.S, so why is it paying only 500 million dollars....Even if half of the 250 million people of the U.S bought the tickets then the accumulated will be half of 125 Billion and that will be 62.5 BILLION....And even if half of the half of the population of the United States play that lottery which will be 125 million people, then that will be half of 62.5 BILLION which will be 31 billion...And even if half of the half of the half of the population of the U.S play that Global lottery which will be 62.5 million people played that Global lottery will accumulate 15 billion dollars....Now tell me if not more than 62 million people in the world are not going to buy that Global Lottery...Remember is only a once a year payment of 50 dollars... 

Remember, as poor as you might be, you have an entire year to come up with 50 dollars...Now tell me if a lot of people are not going to play that lottery...50 dollars once a year is 4 dollars a month...Now tell me if the entire world is not going to play this lottery...

The best thing for this Global lottery is to charge 50 dollars per ticket and offer 500 million the first year, after that the following year they will be able to give out dozens and dozens of billions...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: September 23, 2008, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

A lot doesn't add up to the bail out. Executives ending up with large bonuses. The head of the Treasury saving the company he left only two years ago (Goldman Sachs). Both political parties are to blame in this one yet only one seems to get blamed in the press. The biggest problem is giving loans to people who don't have the money to pay them off in the name of "being fair". Once you stop caring about basics like that it all goes down hill.

There really isn't enough money in any lottery to pay this one off with what they are proposing. Many people gambled with real estate, mortgage insurance and bundled adjustable rate loan aggregates and they all lost.

I doubt anyone can do what is needed like make cuts in Social Security, Medicare and Medicaide and once Iraq and Afghanistan become more stable cuts in Defence. Nine percent of the budget goes to interest on the debt now. The last thing we would need is more government spending on anything.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2008, 1:38 am - IP Logged

hey the gov should buy all my losing lotto tickets,  if they do ill buy a heck load more of them.  its ok with the winning one,s ill keep them.

thats what this 700 bill bailout is doing.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Bondi Junction
        Australia
        Member #57242
        December 24, 2007
        1102 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2008, 1:45 am - IP Logged

The US should set-up a national lottery to raise some of the revenue needed for the Wall Street bailout. It could raise billions each year.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2008, 6:22 am - IP Logged

Cui bono? Wink

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2008, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

The only comparison I see is that the the Fed prints money to bail execs out and the lottery prints tickets to bail poor folks out.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5112 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2008, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

The only comparison I see is that the the Fed prints money to bail execs out and the lottery prints tickets to bail poor folks out.

WHO is PUSHING???WHO???

DEMO's R ready 4-ANOTHER ression!!!

HOLLYWOOD is BACK'G our reggision!!

OVER the year's they have TRILLION's

Todd may or may not B n cat's seat!!!!!

EVEN with 50,ooo member;;;;;;;;;s!!!!

Let'ssssssss have a world LOTTERY???

"WHERE R-U if U play pick 2-3-4-5-6?

LPLOTTOY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5112 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2008, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

How many of you are listening to the 700 BILLION dollar bailout that the government is going to do to WallStreet? I mean again is not 700 million but instead 700 BILLION dollars almost 1 trillion dollars...Now something doesn't add up if you compare it to the Global Lottery...They say that the global lottery is going to pay 500 million...I found this to be very low....

But ask yourself the question....Who is going to pay that 700 billion dollar bailout? American Taxpayers right...Right? the working class right? Well what's the population of the U.S? 300 million...of those 300 million how many are working? perhaps 250 million because of those 300 there's got to be people that are younger than 18 years right...So how are they going to tax you? Aren't they going to take like 2,000 dollars a year out of your paycheck....I ask myself how can 250 million people pay 700 billion dollars close to almost 1 trillion dollars and yet the entire world which has more people thoug can't afford 700 billion dollars lottery?

Now for a second let's assume that the population of the U.S is 500 million people...If you multiply 500 million people times 100 dollars that each of them pay once, that will be 500 BILLION DOLLARS..Do you now see where i am going here? What i mean is if 250 million people each one of them pays 200 dollars 1 time that will be 500 BILLION DOLLARS...Do you now see where i am going with this? What i am trying to say is the following...I don't know how much the ticket is going to cost for this global lottery but i think is going to cost 50 dollars, because after all scratchoffs are costing 30 and 50 dollars now and look at the amount this Global lottery is going to pay...Is not paying 20 million or 50 million is paying 500 million...So if you was to play this Global lottery ONLY in the United States with 250 million people and let each ticket cost 50 dollar then it will accumulate 125 BILLION DOLLARS....So how can a lottery collect 125 BILLION DOLLARS and only pay 500 million...Now that's just using the population of the U.S alone...Now i know the world has more than 250 million people and i know that more than 250 million people are going to be playing that  Global lottery...

I know what you are going to say? Not all 250 million people in the U.S are going to play that Global lottery...My answer to that is: if you only have to play it ONCE A YEAR ON CHRISMAST and is heavily advertise on tv and if people see that it will pay 125 BILLION DOLLARS, yes they will,  specially when you have all year to gather 50 dollars to buy your ONCE A YEAR TICKET...And guess what, people of the U.S will have to play that Global Lottery in the U.S only once a year, they will only have to buy 1 ticket, not an extra ticket...

So the question is? Why this Global lottery is paying only 500 million when it has the ability to gather 125 billion dollars...

What am i trying to say? That they could gather up to 600 BILLION DOLLARS FROM THIS GLOBAL LOTTERY if they wanted to...

What am i also saying all sum up: That if they only used the working class population of the U.S and each person of the U.S plays 50 dollars for this once a year ticket, this Global Lottery can accumulate 125 BILLION DOLLARS,  again just by using the population of the U.S, so why is it paying only 500 million dollars....Even if half of the 250 million people of the U.S bought the tickets then the accumulated will be half of 125 Billion and that will be 62.5 BILLION....And even if half of the half of the population of the United States play that lottery which will be 125 million people, then that will be half of 62.5 BILLION which will be 31 billion...And even if half of the half of the half of the population of the U.S play that Global lottery which will be 62.5 million people played that Global lottery will accumulate 15 billion dollars....Now tell me if not more than 62 million people in the world are not going to buy that Global Lottery...Remember is only a once a year payment of 50 dollars... 

Remember, as poor as you might be, you have an entire year to come up with 50 dollars...Now tell me if a lot of people are not going to play that lottery...50 dollars once a year is 4 dollars a month...Now tell me if the entire world is not going to play this lottery...

The best thing for this Global lottery is to charge 50 dollars per ticket and offer 500 million the first year, after that the following year they will be able to give out dozens and dozens of billions...

THANK'>>$$$$$>>pumpi76>>!!

U may be the only SOS to signal 4

"HELP">HELP>HELP>>>>

the boat is "SINKING">>!!

ask Todd w/75'000 (member's)2222

INVESTAGE>congress!!!!!!!

(he is an investegative JOURNAL person).....!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEALING' with "TRUE" fact's (USA) NEW's...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we ned al D LUCK we kn GETT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKOMO

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3471 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2008, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

It's pretty simple. There are roughly 300 million people in the US, so paying $700 billion can easily be done by just collecting $2333.33 from every single one of them. It's not a lottery, and you don't have to be in it to win it. You just have to stay alive, and the government will come and collect the money. Of course you shouldn't expect to pay it all in one year. Instead, it will be paid over several years. With interest, of course, so that the final bill will be more than $700 billion, even if that's all they actually pay out. The next time a politician tells you they won't raise your taxes, think about your credit card bills, because the approach of some is the same as many peoples' approach to paying their credit card bills. You can suck it up and pay it all now, or you can "save" some money this month by paying even more later on, and/or spending your entire life in debt.  After almost 225 years as a country, our National debt  in January 2001 was about $5.7 trillion (yes, trillion, with a t). Not quite 8 years (or two presidential terms) later that debt has increased by $4 trillion, to nearly $10 trillion. Spread over 300 million people the comes to $13,333.33 for every person inthe country. Now it's about to increase by another $2333, with one (count that carefully) spending bill that some politicians are trying to rush through. If you think your taxes have been cut, think again. They've simply been postponed.

By comparison, having a $700 billion lottery would require collecting $233.33 (assuming 50 cents of each dollar goes to prizes) from every single person on the planet, and since the lottery doesn't borrow money, so it has to be padi right now. That poses a few problems. First, the lottery is voluntary. You do have to be in it to win (or lose) it, and not everybody wants to play. Second, huge numbers of people don't earn even $100 in a year. Of course it would still be possible to have a $700 billion lottery, but the average player would probably have to spend at least $1000 for every jackpot that is won. Compare that to playing PB or MM and having the jackpot won only once every few years.

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: September 25, 2008, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

sorry people i made several mistakes in multiplying...I got this all wrong....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: September 25, 2008, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

sorry people i made several mistakes in multiplying...I got this all wrong....

But still 250 million people the population of the U.S times 50 dollars equaled 12 billion 500 million and they are only paying 500 million...Remember this is only a 1 time payment of the population of America, is not including the world...

And that's just the population of the U.S...Now what if you include China and take only 250 million from that 1 billion people....Then it will be 500 million times 50 dollars will equaled: 25 BILLION DOLLARS....And why are they only paying 500 million...

What am i saying? That they can surely pay more than 500 million dollars....

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23259 Posts
                        Posted: September 25, 2008, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

This topic is not close to being lottery-related.  Please use your blog discuss stuff like this.  Thanks!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!