Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone here tired of pessimistic people?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #54390
August 17, 2007
313 Posts
Posted: October 13, 2008, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I know a lot of people who play the lottery.  Many of them say "I'm going to lose anyways".   If you're going to play the lottery, why be pessimistic all the time? Why even play?   

When I play the lottery, I always think of winning and dreaming of what I want to do.  This is what you're suppose to do when you play the lottery; that's the "fun" part of it.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2008, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I know a lot of people who play the lottery.  Many of them say "I'm going to lose anyways".   If you're going to play the lottery, why be pessimistic all the time? Why even play?   

When I play the lottery, I always think of winning and dreaming of what I want to do.  This is what you're suppose to do when you play the lottery; that's the "fun" part of it.

I completely agree.  The lottery is entertainment, and the money spent should not be money that would otherwise be spent on essentials.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2008, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

There's a difference between pessimistic and realistic. 

It's just a way of venting. I play the big one once in a while knowing there's an extremley good chance that I will lose. But i do it just in case a miracle happens. 

When people complain, they do it knowingly, but hope they might have a chance. Getting your hopes up all the time, and dreaming of what you'll do with the money will eventually lead you to a huge crash when you don't win. That's why I like the word realistic so much....lol 

Afterall, the odds are astronomical. 

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: October 13, 2008, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I almost forgot to add....

There is nothing wrong with being negative. That whole positive thing is way overrated. Everything in life has both qualities. One cannot exist without the other.

Yin Yan

Hot cold

Black white

Right wrong

ETC....

How would you know how sweet tasted like if you didn't first taste sour? 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: October 14, 2008, 1:33 am - IP Logged

I agree, but everyone is different. There are some days when I buy the tickets and think why bother. I don't have those thoughts often, but sometimes they pop up. However most times, I try to be postive and believe that I am going to win because one day I believe it will happen. Plus, it's fun to dream of all the things I am going to do when I win.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
            Dallas, TX
            United States
            Member #60284
            April 12, 2008
            3856 Posts
            Posted: October 14, 2008, 1:49 am - IP Logged

I am pessimistic when I don't pick the numbers myself, or rushing to pick them. Now, I take my time and make sure I do it prior to the deadline drawing, don't want to rush it and miss a shot at the jackpot by few seconds. We all know that story... At least it gives me the confident to know I did my research, and have a shot at beating the odds. To me, the fun part is the process. Often I take hours coming up with set of numbers to play, then discard them, and conjure new sets when a new idea came while taking a break. Even when I lost it does not matter. Gave my shot at it, and back to the drawing board. Even if I won from one game, I would still try to beat other jackpot games...like Todd said, it is an entertainment.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
              Washington *state*
              United States
              Member #62009
              June 14, 2008
              192 Posts
              Posted: October 14, 2008, 2:57 am - IP Logged

It's just a way of venting. I play the big one once in a while knowing there's an extremley good chance that I will lose. But i do it just in case a miracle happens. 

When people complain, they do it knowingly, but hope they might have a chance. Getting your hopes up all the time, and dreaming of what you'll do with the money will eventually lead you to a huge crash when you don't win. That's why I like the word realistic so much....lol 

I Agree! I did think "pessimistic" all the time.  "I'm gonna win tonight baby I know it!" then BOOM...nothing..

"I'm feeling lucky today honey! The day is beautiful and things have been going swell ITS A SIGN!" nothing.

I've said  every pessimistic thing you could think of everytime I buy a ticket, and have been let down over and over and over again...I for the most part can't even win my couple bucks back..the idea...dream..the whole thing has melted into "realistic" and I play thinking I LOST my money but may get lucky rather than I'm GONNA WIN but theres a small chance I won't. 

I play my games...and just wait for a miracle.  If it happens, it happens.

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

Philippines
                Member #59758
                March 26, 2008
                5 Posts
                Posted: October 14, 2008, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you.. Why should one play the lottery when in the first place they already thought they'd lose..

When I play, I usually think first on what to do when the money comes.. heheEmbarassed

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3316 Posts
                  Posted: October 14, 2008, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

i must be pessimistic , because there are people i know who dont even buy tickets , and they're planning on how theyre going to share their lotto wins!

now thats optimistic.

i buy a ticket, because i figure the chance of winning is slightly better than my pals who dont.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5146 Posts
                    Posted: October 14, 2008, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

US Flag

FEEL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FREE 2 name name's if ur pissimestic >>>>>>>>>>>

translation:

WE NEED a NATIONAL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOTTERY!!!!!!!!!

VOTE 4 ..a NATIONAL LOTTERY>>>>>>>>>"make-it">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"GREEN FOR ALL">>not GREEN FOR SUM???????

psykomo

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
                      Bayonne
                      United States
                      Member #61147
                      May 13, 2008
                      129 Posts
                      Posted: October 15, 2008, 8:55 am - IP Logged

HELLZ yeah, smoothjuice, hell yeah .. my point is, if i'm even standing in line for the lottery, OBVIOUSLY i'm assuming i'm going to win - if i don't feel like i'm going to win, i just don't play!! and anytime i'm broke, of course, i know i'm not going to win ['cause you actually need to be 'in it to win it'] - there should be a rule - if you are a pessimist, you should NOT be allowed to rain on our parade and/or post!

I Agree!Turkey

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5146 Posts
                        Posted: October 15, 2008, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUTT>>>>UR ASSUMING U or me have>>>>??

have a CHOICE>>>PAC!!!!

freedom of making ur one

DECISION of ur OWN & (not)

controled by sum outside FORCE who tell's U that they KKK change

"YOU">>>>>ME >>>>>>WHAT D HELL is THEIR {"CHANGE"}????

MOST of my FAMILY went back to CUBA from college in D >>USA!!!

MOST HAVE NOT BEEN HEARD of<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<??????????

THING'ssssssssssssssssMAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CORRECT??

PER/HAP'sssssssssssss the people in D >>>>>>>>>>>>USA!!!!!!!!

will live like CUBAN's & all MIMIA

will GO 2222222 other place's in>

this WORLD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We will find another COLONY$$$$

thank's >>>>>>US of aaaaaaaa!!

enjoy ur national>>>>LOTTERY!!

psykomo

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                          Member #91
                          January 19, 2002
                          12015 Posts
                          Posted: October 16, 2008, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

I would say yes, but then nobody will listen to me anyway!

Disapprove

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

spookysoozy's avatar - acepent
                            South Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #100
                            January 28, 2002
                            3734 Posts
                            Posted: October 16, 2008, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Disapprove

ha..

good one fja

as they fell in the past, Ga first. 1=0, 0=1

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: October 16, 2008, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Disapprove

LOL Funny!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."