Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone here tired of pessimistic people?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4530 Posts
Posted: October 16, 2008, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

I concur with those that are realist. The probability alone should make one think twice before playing mary sunshine on lottery games. 

I recall once in a math class the teacher getting rather philosphical and said, Does having a sunny disposition make you play a sport better? Hit the ball faster or nail that hockey shot simply because you had that sunny way of thinking? The class answer was NOPE! Takes skill and talent! So too with the lottery. It takes skill and the talent to be realistic .  I admire folks who appear lucky . I also admire the guy who knows the cards are stacked against him and perserveers (sp?)-also called the realist.

Defined: A realist sees things with an open mind without prejudice while a cynic (aka pessimist) has already detemined the outcome

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

crystaltips's avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
    London
    United Kingdom
    Member #58578
    February 20, 2008
    51 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2008, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

When you have been playing for a few years like I have then it's easy to become pessimistic. I have played the UK for almost 15 years and at first I would play optimistically. I'd dream about what I would do if I won, who in the family would get money and those who'd get nothing.

After nearly 15 years I no longer do the things I spoke about, I just play. If a miracle happens then great but most of the time you are just chancing your arm and you know it. I prefer to just be realistic about my chances now... :)

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7318 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2008, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

I concur with those that are realist. The probability alone should make one think twice before playing mary sunshine on lottery games. 

I recall once in a math class the teacher getting rather philosphical and said, Does having a sunny disposition make you play a sport better? Hit the ball faster or nail that hockey shot simply because you had that sunny way of thinking? The class answer was NOPE! Takes skill and talent! So too with the lottery. It takes skill and the talent to be realistic .  I admire folks who appear lucky . I also admire the guy who knows the cards are stacked against him and perserveers (sp?)-also called the realist.

Defined: A realist sees things with an open mind without prejudice while a cynic (aka pessimist) has already detemined the outcome

I think people buy a MM or Powerball to get that warm and fuzzy feeling with a sunny disposition from dreaming about hitting the jackpot. Their bubble doesn't burst because there is always another drawing and they can buy another dream for a buck.

Players that have spend years perfecting systems are probably more cynical because buying tickets is a test of their ability to pick the winner number and from experience I know playing a system can be more expensive too. That's not saying all the people with systems are cynical, but after a number of system failures, I believe they tend to be a little more pessimistic in the next drawing.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
        Clarksville
        United States
        Member #487
        July 15, 2002
        17638 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2008, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I think you just have to be positive, upbeat and happy!  I always think I will win something.  Most times I do.. nothing big, but something.  To me being positive opens the door to positive energy. 

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5124 Posts
          Posted: October 21, 2008, 1:09 am - IP Logged

There's a difference between pessimistic and realistic. 

It's just a way of venting. I play the big one once in a while knowing there's an extremley good chance that I will lose. But i do it just in case a miracle happens. 

When people complain, they do it knowingly, but hope they might have a chance. Getting your hopes up all the time, and dreaming of what you'll do with the money will eventually lead you to a huge crash when you don't win. That's why I like the word realistic so much....lol 

Afterall, the odds are astronomical. 

Jack-in-the-Boxbutt alway'$$$$$$$$$$$$$Beeeeeeee

PESAAAHHHHMI$$$tic^^!

LOL

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5124 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2008, 1:21 am - IP Logged

Jack-in-the-Boxbutt alway'$$$$$$$$$$$$$Beeeeeeee

PESAAAHHHHMI$$$tic^^!

LOL

PSYKOMO

just won'ted 2 let everywon KNOW!!!!!!!

psykomo sold a LOTTO -4 money$$$$

this past week>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$

thing's R L@@K'n>>>>>>>G@@D$$$$

THANK'ssssss FOR all UR CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKOMO