Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Grrrrr

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 8 years ago by mymonthlypicks.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Northern Ohio
United States
Member #63551
August 1, 2008
203 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2008, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I know that's why I started this thread whining about the MM Jackpot being hit again and not remembering when the last time the Pot reached 100M or more! (Anger on Jimhowlett) lol...

Again, hypocrisy stinks, doesn't it?

Northern Ohio
    United States
    Member #63551
    August 1, 2008
    203 Posts
    Posted: October 23, 2008, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

But let's not kid ourselves, Raven. What is the reason lotteries such as PB or MM were started? To create huge, eye-catching jackpots.

If I wanted a "meager" jackpot, I could focus my attention to the state Classic Lotto. The jackpots are "meager" by comparison, but that is expected. Not so for the MM. Nobody is kidding anyone here. The reason we play a multistate lottery over the classic state lotteries is because of dreams of a big payout.

It is equally frustrating because of the economic downturn, times are hard, and I've been forced to cut back on my betting. That means no buying any tickets until the JP is over $50 million. Then I spend $1 on each drawing. I've made arrangements to spend $3 a drawing when it hits $100 million.

This is the reality of the situation.

Go ahead and "anger on" (whatever that means) on me. It's just a message board and you're just an anonymous poster...in reality it doesn't matter.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
      Washington *state*
      United States
      Member #62009
      June 14, 2008
      192 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2008, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

But let's not kid ourselves, Raven. What is the reason lotteries such as PB or MM were started? To create huge, eye-catching jackpots.

If I wanted a "meager" jackpot, I could focus my attention to the state Classic Lotto. The jackpots are "meager" by comparison, but that is expected. Not so for the MM. Nobody is kidding anyone here. The reason we play a multistate lottery over the classic state lotteries is because of dreams of a big payout.

It is equally frustrating because of the economic downturn, times are hard, and I've been forced to cut back on my betting. That means no buying any tickets until the JP is over $50 million. Then I spend $1 on each drawing. I've made arrangements to spend $3 a drawing when it hits $100 million.

Go ahead and "anger on" (whatever that means) on me. It's just a message board and you're just an anonymous poster...in reality it doesn't matter.

Don't mind them..I know what your talking about,

I would love to win the 12 million because yes....it would make me a happy camper and get me out of debt.  I too cannot play until it reaches 50m because I'm cutting back on spending as well.  SOOOO..that means I have not played MM in awhile now. I play my state lotto which is up over 8M and I have a better chance.

As for the jackpot not reaching 100M......What he means is the excitement!! I mean come on now guys! You can't tell me your eyes don't bug out and your heart don't race when you see that baby climb?! I know I do.  12M, 26M, 33M...........85, 98, 120M and growing has not happened lately so ya..I do get frusterated at that.  But that dosen't mean I'm greedy.  I don't lay my $$ down on the counter for 100M+ only  because 12M isn't good enough...because it is.  Its mearly the feeling that you get of excitement and antisipation over who will win and where.  How many?  I remember the feeling that ran through everyone who played when it was over 200M or better yet when it was over 300M a couple times.  Even if I didn't buy a ticket, I would come to the website every draw to see what happened.  Its based on what it CAN be.  I'm happy for anyone who wins at any JP amount.  BUT can we at least wait till its over 50M so I can buy a ticket? lol

I see Michigan winning next.......................grrrrr

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

mymonthlypicks's avatar - spider
        Virginia Beach,Va
        United States
        Member #65378
        September 25, 2008
        1180 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2008, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

UUUUGGG! I didn't get to see if anyone won last night, I guess their website was too busy, but UUGGG! I hear what your saying.  Ya, I'm not going to win (probably).. and even the 12M is a lot of money..but I understand what your saying about it not being 100M+ in awhile.

I don't buy MM tickets until it reaches 50M to cut down on my spending, and it keeps teasing me! Gets to almost 50 then BOOM! Someone wins lol.

Georgia? AH no surprise. lol Its like watching a few states play ping-pong, and Georgia tapped it for a win...ball is now headed to Michigan I presume lol.  HEADS UP MICHIGAN!

My prediction for Wa. MM win?........2031. haha  But until then, I'll just have fun adding to the pot of another winner back East.

Bang Head

I don't buy MM tickets until it reaches 50M to cut down on my spending, and it keeps teasing me! Gets to almost 50 then BOOM! Someone wins lol.

Don't Do that. If you Play the same number all the time play them for EVERY Drawing. Didn't Play once when the  jackpot was 32.5 Million and would of hit If I just would of play it but was unemployed and didn't have the money so now I play every Drawing.

Republic of Texas
          United States
          Member #57557
          January 9, 2008
          1095 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2008, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

I hope Michigan has another winner, I hope there isn't another winner and it rolls 12 times so I can buy the winning combination on my birthday. Big Smile

Imagine my surprise when someone won MM on my birthday the other day and it wasn't me!   Crying  Maybe I can win it on my ex's birthay coming up?!?  Maybe I will win it on your birthday DC81. Thumbs Up

Does anyone else find it odd how many MM winners this year hit on or near their birthdays?

btw, I buy every draw. Less when it is lower. I could use $12m any day. Yes Nod I also buy Classic Lotto 47 at $5m. It starts at $1 and goes up about $300k each draw. It's at $9.7 right now.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49835 Posts
            Posted: October 24, 2008, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

The reason Lotteries (MM & PB) were started is to make the Lotteries Rich: Not the Players!

I have to Laugh when I hear people say that 12M or 15M is Meager: It's more Money than you'll earn your entire working life.

No Betting unless the JP is above 50M: You have to be in it to Win it.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Virginia Beach,Va
              United States
              Member #65378
              September 25, 2008
              1180 Posts
              Posted: October 24, 2008, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

The reason Lotteries (MM & PB) were started is to make the Lotteries Rich: Not the Players!

I have to Laugh when I hear people say that 12M or 15M is Meager: It's more Money than you'll earn your entire working life.

I agree and I would take 2nd prize anytime

Northern Ohio
                United States
                Member #63551
                August 1, 2008
                203 Posts
                Posted: October 24, 2008, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

For starters, how do they become rich? By attracting players with gigantic jackpots. Remember, they had to compete with the regional and state lotteries (and this is a well known fact that revenues for the classic state lotteries have plunged since PB and MM formed).

Like I said, if I wanted a smaller JP (with better chances) I'd go for the state lottery, not the MM.

"No Betting unless the JP is above 50M: You have to be in it to Win it." -and in order for me to be in it, it has to be 50M or greater. Sorry, but I can't afford to play every single drawing. You had it backward.

Oh, and by the way, to put it in perspective, in my state after a cash payout and taxes, I'd get about $4.5 mil with the $12M drawing. To conteract your statement, yes, I do expect to make that much money in my life. I still have 40 years of labor ahead of me, accounting for all the tangibles.

Thanks for playing but if you don't like my rants, don't read 'em.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49835 Posts
                  Posted: October 24, 2008, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

For starters, how do they become rich? By attracting players with gigantic jackpots. Remember, they had to compete with the regional and state lotteries (and this is a well known fact that revenues for the classic state lotteries have plunged since PB and MM formed).

Like I said, if I wanted a smaller JP (with better chances) I'd go for the state lottery, not the MM.

"No Betting unless the JP is above 50M: You have to be in it to Win it." -and in order for me to be in it, it has to be 50M or greater. Sorry, but I can't afford to play every single drawing. You had it backward.

Oh, and by the way, to put it in perspective, in my state after a cash payout and taxes, I'd get about $4.5 mil with the $12M drawing. To conteract your statement, yes, I do expect to make that much money in my life. I still have 40 years of labor ahead of me, accounting for all the tangibles.

Thanks for playing but if you don't like my rants, don't read 'em.

Conversely if you don't want replys to them don't post your rants in the forums: Put them in your blog.

Grrrrr On...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Northern Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #63551
                    August 1, 2008
                    203 Posts
                    Posted: October 26, 2008, 3:09 am - IP Logged

Conversely if you don't want replys to them don't post your rants in the forums: Put them in your blog.

Grrrrr On...

Nope...if you don't like 'em, don't post on 'em. Because I will continue to do so.

I've posted on a dozen different boards in my time, and in every single one of them you can rant and everyone will come together and rant with you, with the old "yeah I know what you're talking about" shtick. For some reason, on this board you get put down. I never understood it. My guess is it makes you feel better about yourself.

To each his own, I guess. If it makes you feel better about yourself, I'm more than happy to help.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5124 Posts
                      Posted: October 27, 2008, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Nope...if you don't like 'em, don't post on 'em. Because I will continue to do so.

I've posted on a dozen different boards in my time, and in every single one of them you can rant and everyone will come together and rant with you, with the old "yeah I know what you're talking about" shtick. For some reason, on this board you get put down. I never understood it. My guess is it makes you feel better about yourself.

To each his own, I guess. If it makes you feel better about yourself, I'm more than happy to help.

DON't WORRY>>>>>>>>>>>JIMHOW>>>>>!!!!!

WE have 2 many JACKPOT winner's on De

Lottery Post.....>>>>>>>>>>>IT tend's 2 cloud

"MIND'$"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<!!!!!

LOL>>>>>>>

psykomo

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                        Member #28409
                        December 15, 2005
                        1198 Posts
                        Posted: October 30, 2008, 10:46 am - IP Logged

I hope Michigan has another winner, I hope there isn't another winner and it rolls 12 times so I can buy the winning combination on my birthday. Big Smile

Hey!  We're both from Michigan and we're both December babies! 

cool!

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                          Member #28409
                          December 15, 2005
                          1198 Posts
                          Posted: October 30, 2008, 10:52 am - IP Logged

GEORGIA AGAIN? Give me a break!

Yep, and now PA had to catch up with Ga's wins in MM so they won on PB....again.  Crazy  I think they have gone loopy!

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

California
                            United States
                            Member #61514
                            May 25, 2008
                            67 Posts
                            Posted: October 30, 2008, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

I've posted on a dozen different boards in my time, and in every single one of them you can rant and everyone will come together and rant with you, with the old "yeah I know what you're talking about" shtick. For some reason, on this board you get put down. I never understood it.

I Agree!

I don't get it either.

Virginia Beach,Va
                              United States
                              Member #65378
                              September 25, 2008
                              1180 Posts
                              Posted: October 30, 2008, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I've posted on a dozen different boards in my time, and in every single one of them you can rant and everyone will come together and rant with you, with the old "yeah I know what you're talking about" shtick. For some reason, on this board you get put down. I never understood it.

I Agree!

I don't get it either.

NICE Beaver,hmmmmmm