Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Am Sick Sick Sick!!

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 8 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
The Great Smoky Mountains
United States
Member #59921
March 31, 2008
266 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2008, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Well today is my husbands 38th Birthday, Last night I went down to the local store and bought a $ 1.00 TN Pick 5 quick pick for him. Well we just checked the numbers and we had 4 out of 5 numbers, So instead of winning the $ 265,000 we won a whopping $ 97.00 Hey thats Dinner tonight out.

Has this happened to you? Tell me your story...I am sick

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
    Member #48046
    December 7, 2006
    1699 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2008, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Hey....

Nice hit,   Hurray!

Mabey you'll go to the same store,     at about the same time next time,

Lightning strike twice?                       

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
      CT
      United States
      Member #61398
      May 21, 2008
      781 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2008, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Oh yea, I've been there.  This Cash 5 ticket I had in July was off by 1 to win the jackpot (bottom number set).  The last number I missed was a 9, I had a 7. oy.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49719 Posts
        Posted: October 28, 2008, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Well today is my husbands 38th Birthday, Last night I went down to the local store and bought a $ 1.00 TN Pick 5 quick pick for him. Well we just checked the numbers and we had 4 out of 5 numbers, So instead of winning the $ 265,000 we won a whopping $ 97.00 Hey thats Dinner tonight out.

Yeah: I'm glad you Won $97 instead of Nothing At All ($0)!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: October 28, 2008, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

It's happened a couple of times to me. The most recent incident happened a couple of weeks ago. If I had picked 21 instead of 24, I would have won $10,000 instead of $50. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to have won $50, but $10,000 would have been much better!

hot lotto ticket

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Instyle's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg

United States
            Member #55821
            October 21, 2007
            161 Posts
            Posted: October 28, 2008, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

yEP!,  iT HAPPEND TO ME TWICE!  ONCE THE JACKPOT WAS OVER $350,000

I KNOW THE FEELING!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: October 28, 2008, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

This happens to all gamblers,it's called gambling..Good luck to everyone who gambles..LUCK!!

Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: October 28, 2008, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

This happens to all gamblers,it's called gambling..Good luck to everyone who gambles..LUCK!!

Really it's called gambling and it happens to everyone?!?!? Thanks for telling us all what gambling is. Roll Eyes Maybe the OP and a few of us just wanted to vent about being close to a winning a bigger prize.

ETA: And no, close calls don't happen to everyone. I know a few people who play the lottery and have never gotten more then one or two numbers.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                  Dallas, TX
                  United States
                  Member #60284
                  April 12, 2008
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: October 28, 2008, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

I have not yet hit 4 numbers. :P

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: October 28, 2008, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Hey ScaryChick..If you gamble long enough you will come close at sometime and that's gambling..You can vent all you want but it won't help..Gambling is gambling..Case closed..Good LUCK<<<--That's what it takes..Case closed again......

Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      6537 Posts
                      Posted: October 28, 2008, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Hey ScaryChick..If you gamble long enough you will come close at sometime and that's gambling..You can vent all you want but it won't help..Gambling is gambling..Case closed..Good LUCK<<<--That's what it takes..Case closed again......

Dear lord Tiggs, I know what gambling is. Everyone here knows what gambling is. This is after all a lottery forum. There is no reason to repeat that line over and over and over again. We aren't idiots. Case closed.

And again, not everyone will come close to a "close call" since not everyone plays/gambles on a regular basis. Some people may never come close. Besides, some of us just want a place to express the fact that we had a close call. Exactly what is your problem with people wanting to know if others have been through the same thing? Does it really hurt you that much?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                        Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3103 Posts
                        Posted: October 29, 2008, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Some of us, (including me) consider lottery to be a "skill game" where coming close means you're getting closer to your target.

To be sure, buying a QP that comes close isn't a strategy or system that takes skill to implement. 

There are things lottery players can do that improve their chances in some drawings in exchange for lower chances in other draws, this cannot be denied.  A correct series of choices can make you a winner.

---

The Florida Fantasy 5 has a roll down aspect, if there is no jackpot winner the jackpot money rolls down into the lower tier prizes, so you go to bed not knowing if that 4# prize you just won will be worth $100. or $1,000. a little spice for second tier.

If you don't like your state's Pick-5 second prize, ask them to convert it into a roll down game like Florida has.

BobP

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: October 29, 2008, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

ScaryChick..I'm right and you are wrong..I'm venting..Case closed..

Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #56506
                            November 21, 2007
                            6537 Posts
                            Posted: October 29, 2008, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

ScaryChick..I'm right and you are wrong..I'm venting..Case closed..

Roll Eyes

Nope, you're wrong. Case closed.

NYSlugger 777's avatar - 777
                              NY
                              United States
                              Member #54513
                              August 21, 2007
                              6371 Posts
                              Posted: October 29, 2008, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Wow. 4 out of 5 Numbers and they only payed $97.00Roll Eyes.

Matching 4 out of 5 Correctly in NY Pick 5 usually gives you $400.00 or more.

Congrads on the WinHurray!. I'd gladly trade $1.00 for $97.00 Anyday!