Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Syndicates

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 8 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

If you were offered a spot on a lotto syndicate, would you join ?

Yes [ 6 ]  [16.22%]
No [ 23 ]  [62.16%]
Undecided [ 2 ]  [5.41%]
Depends on how much a week [ 1 ]  [2.70%]
Depends on who's running it [ 2 ]  [5.41%]
Syndicate ?!? what's that ?!? [ 3 ]  [8.11%]
Total Valid Votes [ 37 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #46570
September 14, 2006
558 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2008, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Hey all...

I thought about joining one that's overseas and managed by a reputable company, but am not sure at this time. Any thoughts about this or if you are in one, have you had any good luck in them or any problems? Thanks !

Omniscient

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #46570
    September 14, 2006
    558 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2008, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Damn.. I should have posted this in General Discussion. My bad ... oh well... Todd ?? Confused

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2008, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Lottery Discussion forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19904 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2008, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

No,I've never read anywhere of a syndicate winning a jackpot and yet all of them claim to give their members a big advantage not only with their strategies but with the number of combinations they play.  In my opinion they are just a bunch of slick crooks taking gullible people money.

If I wanted to play as part of a group, I would join a local lottery pool with people that I know and trust.  I've read about several pools of coworkers, friends and family members winning a jackpot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23352 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2008, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

No,I've never read anywhere of a syndicate winning a jackpot and yet all of them claim to give their members a big advantage not only with their strategies but with the number of combinations they play.  In my opinion they are just a bunch of slick crooks taking gullible people money.

If I wanted to play as part of a group, I would join a local lottery pool with people that I know and trust.  I've read about several pools of coworkers, friends and family members winning a jackpot.

I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
            CT
            United States
            Member #61398
            May 21, 2008
            781 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2008, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Thumbs Up

konane's avatar - wallace
              Atlanta, GA
              United States
              Member #1265
              March 13, 2003
              3351 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2008, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Good luck to everyone!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2008, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  Me too.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

sfilippo's avatar - skull
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #33770
                  February 24, 2006
                  3146 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2008, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Yep!

Smiley Steve

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #57222
                    December 23, 2007
                    587 Posts
                    Posted: December 27, 2008, 7:48 am - IP Logged

Exactly.  I still have issues concerning a pool though.  I've been reading way too many bad things.  Even with winners.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3316 Posts
                      Posted: December 27, 2008, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

ill join any lotto pool going, chances are you are never going to win, so u need to get as many emntries in as possible, pools just subsidise your entry cost. worry about legal stuff after you win

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                        CT
                        United States
                        Member #61398
                        May 21, 2008
                        781 Posts
                        Posted: December 27, 2008, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Exactly.  I still have issues concerning a pool though.  I've been reading way too many bad things.  Even with winners.

Well I for one would rather have $5,000,000 held up in court, than not have $5,000,000 at all.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: December 28, 2008, 12:57 am - IP Logged

I agree. I rather play by myself.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                            Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #56506
                            November 21, 2007
                            6537 Posts
                            Posted: December 28, 2008, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Hey all...

I thought about joining one that's overseas and managed by a reputable company, but am not sure at this time. Any thoughts about this or if you are in one, have you had any good luck in them or any problems? Thanks !

Omniscient

Nope. I wouldn't join a lotto syndicate group. I'd rather play by myself and plus, I don't trust them.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Baton Rouge, LA
                              United States
                              Member #4602
                              May 7, 2004
                              700 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2008, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I am at present, running a lottery club at my work.  There are 10 of us and it costs $4/payday.  With that money, I buy a mix of Powerball and Lotto tickets to cover all 4 drawings(Wed. and Sat.) that take place between paydays.  We haven't won any big jackpots yet, I think the most we've won is $52.  When we win small amounts, we just buy extra tickets.

When Louisiana was offering the $10 Millionaire Raffle ticket, we just happened to win $10 on a batch of tickets, so I polled the members on how to spend that money, either on more Powerball/Lotto or a Millionaire Raffle and most voted for the Raffle.  We didn't win, but it was nice to do something different.  I think it's best the members have a say in how the money is to be spent.  Since I run this group, I guess I'd have to say no to joining another, although sometimes when the Powerball gets high, others in the office run a one time pool and I usually get involved in that one as well, along with buying a ticket for myself if it gets above $100 million.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"