Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratcher Help

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Vergie6.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
Ohio
United States
Member #68398
December 20, 2008
81 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2009, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

I don't have any suggestions, but I hope you were able to figure everything out. Did you get a big win?

I did not.  What I thought was a $550 win turned out to be a $10 win, so....

rather than unexpected rent money I got the dog an unexpected chew toy....lol

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2009, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I can't think of a better way to spend $10 bucks! 

Talking Rock, GA
      United States
      Member #60369
      April 15, 2008
      398 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2009, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

I've never seen a free ticket prize on anything but $1 tickets.Does Ga. have free ticket prizes on $20 tickets?I wouldn't like that at all.Iowa used to have free ticket prizes on $1 tickets but they got rid of that prize because people complained about clerks giving them only the same kind of ticket that they just won the free ticket on instead of the winners choice of $1 tickets.

Yes, GA has free ticket prizes on every game, no matter the price point.....whether it'd be $1 or $20.  Some games have free tickets and break even winners (Why?  I have no idea.).  The only thing that's different with free tickets are on our $2 Fast 5s and $2 Instant Win For Life tickets.  They offer free $1 quick picks for Fantasy 5 or Win For Life respectively....however, each of those winners with those free tickets also includes a cash winner of at least the price of the ticket (or more.....I've hit $20 and a free Win For Life ticket on an Instant Win For Life) so you wouldn't spend $2 only to get a $1 quick pick......you'd get at least your $2 back along with the quick pick.

Even though (in GA) you're technically supposed to get another ticket valued at that price of the free ticket that you won (not same game, just same price), most stores will let you get any combo of tickets that total the price of the free ticket (or use that winner and more money to get a higher priced ticket(s)) and some will even let you keep the cash, even though they aren't supposed to.

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2009, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Aw, I'm sorry. Maybe on your next ticket you will hit the big one. Smiley

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Vergie6's avatar - Santa 20kitty.jpg
          North Carolina
          United States
          Member #59855
          March 29, 2008
          31549 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2009, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I can't think of a better way to spend $10 bucks! 

Me too....justxploring.....we must be twins...lol