Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If they charge $3/ticket wouldnt it be the end of mankind as we know it

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Kaptainess.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2009, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Something a lot of people dont pay attention is that i think that the lottery will eventually charge more than 1 dollar per ticket and charge like $2 or $3 dollars per ticket, so don't you think that that will be the end of mankind as we know it if they do...To those QuickPIckers it will not but to those that play system it might just be..

This will mean that if you have a system you will have to work extra hard or just quit..I think in some parts of the world the ticket cost more than just 1 dollar, i think it cost like 1.50...If you notice certain things have change price since the 90's...At the same time if they do charge $3 per ticket it will be more like "Scratchoffs"...

i don't know but i say within 20 or 30 years more and they will end up charging $3 per ticket...

what do you think...

That's why i'll like to raise consciouness to all LP members letting them know to beware dont forget this tiny detail...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2009, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

so don't you think that that will be the end of mankind as we know it if they do...

End of mankind if they charge more then a buck? No.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2009, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

I read this topic and began humming

In the year 2525

If man is still alive, a ticket might cost 5

And they'll find.....

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2009, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

i am saying this because if they were to charge 3 dollars per ticket right now, i will quit the lottery...The only chances/fight [right now] against a 3 dollars per ticket is a supercomputer...The only thing that will keep me going against that is free lottos, to urge countries to get free lottos...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2009, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I think it might be the end of the lottery as we know it, but not the end of mankind.  If the powers that be.............. made lottery prizes tax free...................., then it might not be the end of the lottery in this USAmerican country at $2-$3 USAmerican dollars per ticket.  I think even more people would play at these prices, if prizes were tax free.   

The bottom line is: lottery taxes are confiscatory and double collective. Any politician with half a brain would have on their platform of policy initiatives if elected,  "Removal of Lottery Tax".

Smash  I hate taxes, and I especially am disgusted that my taxes pay the salaries, health insurance, and pensions of politicians. It is infuriating,

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2009, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

They already are in stealth mode by charging more to win the full prize as in PowerBall, the Florida 6/53, etc. 

I don't have a problem with this because I'm more then happy with the prizes I can win for a dollar and would be just as happy with the prizes I could win if the tickets were two or three for a dollar.

BobP

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3474 Posts
              Posted: January 8, 2009, 2:45 am - IP Logged

Well, I just blew my nose and threw the tissue away, so I suppose that's the end of things as I knew them a few minutes ago. Changing anything  means some things have changed. I suppose that somebody who's already  teetering on the brink might kill themselves if ticket prices go up, but I'm almost completely convinced that most of us will cope and civilization will continue.

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
                The Great Smoky Mountains
                United States
                Member #59921
                March 31, 2008
                266 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2009, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Cheers When gas prices went off the chart people said they wouldnt drive.But people still are driving.I think if Lottery tickets were $ 10.00 a piece .People would still buy them. Playing the lottery is an addiction I think. And people will pay big bucks for there CRACK.

There are alot of dreamers in the world, me one of them and if theres a chance I could win the lottery and never have to work again I probley would buy them regardless of price. And alot of others too it looks like. Some people buy Cigs,Liquor,Pot,etc.All those things cost money but kill ya. at least if you play the lottery you might get something back beside 6ft under.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                  CT
                  United States
                  Member #61398
                  May 21, 2008
                  781 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2009, 10:14 am - IP Logged

i am saying this because if they were to charge 3 dollars per ticket right now, i will quit the lottery...The only chances/fight [right now] against a 3 dollars per ticket is a supercomputer...The only thing that will keep me going against that is free lottos, to urge countries to get free lottos...

We could come up with all kinds of random unlikely situations that would cause players to quit the lottery.  Aliens invade and kill 90% of humans, every lottery HQ is simultaneously hit by meteors, the price of tickets tripple, etc.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10347 Posts
                    Posted: January 8, 2009, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I read this topic and began humming

In the year 2525

If man is still alive, a ticket might cost 5

And they'll find.....

Green laugh

Or how about the onenby Skeeter Davis, actually called

The End of the World

Why do I keep on plyaing

It should go without saying

It's up to 3, they're killing you and me......

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
                      Raleigh
                      United States
                      Member #49057
                      January 17, 2007
                      172 Posts
                      Posted: January 8, 2009, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I think it might be the end of the lottery as we know it, but not the end of mankind.  If the powers that be.............. made lottery prizes tax free...................., then it might not be the end of the lottery in this USAmerican country at $2-$3 USAmerican dollars per ticket.  I think even more people would play at these prices, if prizes were tax free.   

The bottom line is: lottery taxes are confiscatory and double collective. Any politician with half a brain would have on their platform of policy initiatives if elected,  "Removal of Lottery Tax".

Smash  I hate taxes, and I especially am disgusted that my taxes pay the salaries, health insurance, and pensions of politicians. It is infuriating,

Why would a politician spend time talking about lottery taxes? I really doubt he would get any more votes from it, and that is what politicians care about.

United States
                        Member #67870
                        December 7, 2008
                        154 Posts
                        Posted: January 8, 2009, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

the odds, cost per ticket and potential prize are already terribly stringent and all relate to each other.

I do not fear that the cost per ticket will afford to go any higher.  Not in the U.S.  If anything, the payouts need to increase a little, by about 50%.  Other countries can wager for a much lower cost and even for as much as 80% higher payouts and still make decent profits.

In Virginia, my understanding is that lottery sales are down and that is only natural, given the awful odds the government allows them to impose (based on ticket cost and payout rate).

People, communicate with political representatives, you can write them or email them and you probably should so they know all your points of views and ideas.  They do have reason to see what you all have to say and they technically should work for you, but for the most part they used to hear mostly from people profiting from the lotteries, not from people like you and I.  They are the lawmakers, and you are the ones who need to keep them informed as you all wish.

good luck and be part of the system!Smile

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                          Dallas, TX
                          United States
                          Member #60284
                          April 12, 2008
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: January 8, 2009, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Nope, they are not raising the prizes, only an extra ball if they must. The effective marketing technique will not allow that. Think about it, pychology wise winning millions with just $1, a buck is more enticing than winning millions with $2 or $3.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                            Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5583 Posts
                            Posted: January 8, 2009, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Why would a politician spend time talking about lottery taxes? I really doubt he would get any more votes from it, and that is what politicians care about.

Grengrad,

I guess I am talking about the life of the lottery and the political talking point of what the rest of the world does that is all, Spain, Australia eg.   The lotteries generate huge amounts of revenue also from the wagers not just the winners of the jackpots,  themselves. The govt. is an equal opportunity double, triple, quadruple rapist, when it comes to taxes.

If winning a jackpot meant not paying taxes on it, millions of people more might play. So if Joe Lottery Winner Six Pack hits Pball for $120 Million and takes the cash $60 million he gets $60 Million not $40 million!  $20 million (bonus) is enough incentive to have more people play.  The real kicker is that the money you earned to spend on the lottery was what was left after you were taxed on to earn it!

The politician whether in campaign mode (elected or not) would gain favor with the millions of people that wager and would gain many more players for a lottery that may raise its ticket price by 100% or 200% etc.

P.S. Good news travels fast!

Just think how we constantly get screwed by taxes, you win say $10M, you put it in savings, a certificate, a bond, you got taxed when you won and you keep getting taxed after you invest it and then when you die they tax you some more and then rape your family on inheritance, yeah, let's keep voting for politicians that raise your taxes and keep on enriching themselves on our backs.

Bang Head  Prepare for the taxman he shall be coming for you, with a deep desire and a love that will not be just a chance meeting or one night stand but a repetitive long term relationship. He will keep returning to the trough every April 15, each successive visit more painful than the previous.

United States
                              Member #67870
                              December 7, 2008
                              154 Posts
                              Posted: January 10, 2009, 10:42 am - IP Logged

I AM finding these $2 or so costs through online, but I must add, you are not buying a ticket for $2,

you are instead paying for a courier service.   It seems actually better , it is as if you had a pal in every state and Canada and you offered the one in a powerball state some money to go get certain tickets.  He then goes and gets the tickets as you wish and puts them in a safe place. 

So you see, it may be $2 or so, but it it is not the ticket, it is a special service to you.  As for the 3 and 4 number games, they are actually cheaper .  You can get as many as 4 wagers for $1 and payouts can be real high.