Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If they charge $3/ticket wouldnt it be the end of mankind as we know it

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Kaptainess.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: January 11, 2009, 12:44 am - IP Logged

Green laugh

Or how about the onenby Skeeter Davis, actually called

The End of the World

Why do I keep on plyaing

It should go without saying

It's up to 3, they're killing you and me......

I like that song.   You are showing your age!  Smiley

For some strange reason, KY Floyd's comment reminded me of this song by REM (Lottery Post version)

It's the end of the world as we know it

Powerball's your only chance, so don't blow it

They've raised the price up to 3 bucks just to grow it

And I feel fine  Crazy

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3502 Posts
    Posted: January 11, 2009, 1:54 am - IP Logged

I had to look back at exactly what I'd written.  I can see getting there from my bit about civilization continuing, but it's kind of implicit in any rational answer to the original question. It might seem like the end of the world to some people, but I feel fine.

Since you brought up PB, I'll note that the new odds are working perfectly. It's rolled twice, which is my 2nd favorite outcome. My chance of winning may have gone down, but my chances to dream about a bigger jackpot have gone up accordingly, and I still get that for $1.

Kaptainess's avatar - hiro bird.jpg

United States
      Member #63356
      July 26, 2008
      1427 Posts
      Posted: January 11, 2009, 3:00 am - IP Logged

ROFL!!!  In PA - I don't think that they are THAT stupid, even for politicians.  Why?  Because, I can still get 700 to 1 right now at the bar down the street playing the ''street number'' just like I did before there was a legal lottery in PA.   South Philly is loaded with places to play the ''numbers'' and they pay more than the legal lottery, the numbers they use now instead of using the stock and bond market numbers, the par mutual bets from the horse racing, and they now pay off on the ''legal'' lottery number.  Nice.  I remember once years ago they changed a number because too much money was on it.  Those were the days when if you won loads of money the ''man'' would deliver the money to you in a brown paper bag.  LOL!!!

Showing my age now huh???