Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much do you spend on the lottery each month?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 8 years ago by numbers369.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How much do you spend playing all lottery games each month?

$0 (What?) [ 4 ]  [2.31%]
$1 - $10 [ 16 ]  [9.25%]
$11 - $50 [ 47 ]  [27.17%]
$51 - $100 [ 41 ]  [23.70%]
$100 - $200 [ 29 ]  [16.76%]
$200 - $500 [ 23 ]  [13.29%]
$500 - $1000 [ 8 ]  [4.62%]
$1000 - $2000 [ 3 ]  [1.73%]
$2000 - $5000 [ 1 ]  [0.58%]
$5000+ [ 1 ]  [0.58%]
Total Valid Votes [ 173 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2009, 1:54 am - IP Logged

you know like 6 days ago i spent 600 on fixing my dentures that i've had for like 10 years and the dental place is the best in town, but it didnt fix my problem and i just wasted 600 dollars plus i spent 300 for a some new glasses...And knowing that i could have gotten some new dentures here in Panama for like 700 dollars...by the way those dentures by now cost like 4,000 dollars...Dear God...

If there are 2 things i hate to spend money on are glasses [i feel glasses are too expensive], and cell phones good thing i don't have cell phones for i hate them...The money i spent on a new pair of glasses i could had bought me [or ask my brother to by me for me] but i could buy me some scratchoffs...Or buy me some old sega genesis or nintendo 64 from ebay and entertain myself...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2009, 11:22 am - IP Logged

you know like 6 days ago i spent 600 on fixing my dentures that i've had for like 10 years and the dental place is the best in town, but it didnt fix my problem and i just wasted 600 dollars plus i spent 300 for a some new glasses...And knowing that i could have gotten some new dentures here in Panama for like 700 dollars...by the way those dentures by now cost like 4,000 dollars...Dear God...

If there are 2 things i hate to spend money on are glasses [i feel glasses are too expensive], and cell phones good thing i don't have cell phones for i hate them...The money i spent on a new pair of glasses i could had bought me [or ask my brother to by me for me] but i could buy me some scratchoffs...Or buy me some old sega genesis or nintendo 64 from ebay and entertain myself...

with those 600 dollars or 300 dollars i could have subscribe to freelotto...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Pogo's avatar - wfl
      NC
      United States
      Member #29378
      January 1, 2006
      552 Posts
      Posted: January 16, 2009, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

I play 1 to 2 times per a week and it usually runs $150 - $300 depending on how the tickets are going... Pogo

New York
        United States
        Member #69549
        January 12, 2009
        5 Posts
        Posted: January 16, 2009, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

I spend anywhere from $500 - $600 per month on pick 3... I play everyday...

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
          Pittsburg, Ks
          United States
          Member #3382
          January 17, 2004
          83243 Posts
          Posted: January 17, 2009, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

I spend about $7 a week or $28/month playing Tue x 2. I won $100 so I spent $35 on Christmas day and bought 5 Tue x 2 tickets . Only won a few more free tockets but I am still trying for the $22k or $44k

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
            mn
            United States
            Member #59040
            March 4, 2008
            276 Posts
            Posted: January 17, 2009, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Haha, how many time have we answered this question, I havent been on in a while, but man, its like the same questions from months ago, possibly years, havent been here that long lol

"Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
            "The same thing we do every night, Pinky- try to take over the world."

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
              Member #60535
              April 21, 2008
              460 Posts
              Posted: January 20, 2009, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

I spend anywhere from $500 - $600 per month on pick 3... I play everyday...

can i ask you how much you usually win back?  I wish i had that much extra $$$ to play the lotto with!!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: January 23, 2009, 2:54 am - IP Logged

I know, this looks like the stereotypical first question on a 'Do you have a problem?' quiz, but there's no ulterior motive here.  I'm just genuinely curious.  Some people casually play the lottery, some people are sharp and serious about the lottery, and some people are downright lottery analyzing machines.

What's your own personal price point?

Do some research, and you will find there have been other polls in the past asking the very same question.

Go dig 'em up and compare the results..

Eden Prairie, MN
                  United States
                  Member #49875
                  February 18, 2007
                  63 Posts
                  Posted: January 24, 2009, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

I begin to start playing the POWERBALL regularly,since I don't have a job right now.  My first game for this year was after the change in the POWERBALL on January 4th,so I spent $31 this is for all of the drawings so far,since each draw I pay a different amount of tickets almost every time depending on my available fund,but I won $15.  So,I lost $16 so far. 

lima ohio
                    United States
                    Member #53429
                    July 7, 2007
                    200 Posts
                    Posted: February 21, 2009, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

it really depends on if i hit a number from 10.00 a week to sometimes 100.00 a week

The Texan's avatar - TexasFlag1
                      D/FW Texas
                      United States
                      Member #71145
                      February 19, 2009
                      9 Posts
                      Posted: February 24, 2009, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

I am part of an employee pool at work and I was spending $2 a week ($4 if the first set of tickets didn't win) with the other 38 or so employees.

So minimum I was paying $8 a month, maximum $16

Now after the $207 million Piqua employee fiasco, we have gone to a contract that requires $20 a month up front or you are excluded for the entire month.  I wrote the contract and had it validated by our courts prosecutor and then any contract that is signed by a willing pool player is notarized by our court administrator.

So long story short, $20 a month starting in 4 days.

United States
                        Member #54390
                        August 17, 2007
                        313 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2009, 1:08 am - IP Logged

Every week:  $2 Mega Millions+ $2 Powerball+$1 Pick 5.

$5 a week

$20 a month

$260 a year

Spent so far: $2,600 (10 years playing)

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2009, 2:48 am - IP Logged

less than 10 dollars on win for life....

United States
                            Member #72085
                            March 9, 2009
                            6 Posts
                            Posted: March 9, 2009, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

we usually spend $4 on wed and $4 on sat. sometimes more- usually no less. We usually get 2 PB tickets and 2 cash 5 (like a pick 5) tickets. Depending on cash 5 payouts, sometimes we get more, or get some on different days.1 of each, for each drawing, is always 'our' number, and the other is a quick pick.

For awhile, we were spending about $50 a week...we decided that was a bit much!

Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #59293
                              March 12, 2008
                              121 Posts
                              Posted: March 10, 2009, 11:11 am - IP Logged

id say a about 100 a month average