Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Michigan 3 & 4 digit dailys ARE manipulated...Is your state cheating

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Android.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
clarkston mi
United States
Member #62281
June 23, 2008
19 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2009, 11:58 am - IP Logged

The Michigan daily games appear to be crooked as hell. For starters there is zero legislative oversight......just a small core of inside people running the show.....with nobody really watching the henhouse. When small groups of people are handling hundreds of millions of dlolars and managing themself without outside oversight.....watchout. The daily games draws in Michigan are handled in secret in a small room at a TV station. Most people aren't aware of this but the 3 or 4 people in that "secure" room running the daily draws have a dozen or so different sets of balls that they are  switching into the games before each draw without much reason or without a set pattern......What's that about?  They will tell you they "just do it to switch things up"....WOW that makes me feel better. Another words their saying "wer'e  switching balls because there might be something wrong with the balls in the machine.....but we don't know"  Thats garbage.....Either the balls are good or not.....which is it ? They take the balls in and out and then run 5 dummy tests......then they tape another dummy draw that looks like the real deal about 15 minutes before the real draw. That's very suspect....after 35 years they need a practice round 15 minutes before.....AND THEY HAVE TO TAPE IT ? ?  One retailer told me of a day a year ago when minutes before the miday cut off about a half mile from the draw office somebody walked in and purchased 50 straight tickets on a number....NO OTHER COMBINATIONS......and hit for $250,000.....nice hunch....so close to the draw office.  About 7 miles away somebody else bought 5 straight....$25,000.  Look, sure it could happen but given the strange & secret way the draws are "handled" it rasies questions.   The winners of those types of hits should be checked up against other large hits to see if there is a big hit pattern. When I asked if they did such a thing they asked me why would they.  Amazing.  Most people on these forums are serious players......do you know how your state handles these draws?......Are they too in a "secure" stetting (a secret setting) with a questionable convoluted system ?  The daily games require a very simple result....pick 3 or 4 numbers and it could be done in an open and fun setting having members of lottery clubs, retiree groups, church groups, etc being called in to help in a blindfolded draw. Give these participants a lunch or dinner voucher. It would save the state thousands and be a much more trusted system then the "floating" and switching ball system....in "secure" spot. Ever notice how not all of the "floating" balls sometimes seem like they made it to the top ?  Anyway the Michigan process to me is very suspect. This and other information I have coupled with no REAL outside oversight .....to me rasies serious questions.

dover delaware
    United States
    Member #4466
    April 26, 2004
    1193 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2009, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

oh yes delaware always cheats--that why im think of quitting--they never show the drawings and they always let the least amount number played they are computer drawn im sick of them  lesonook

clarkston mi
      United States
      Member #62281
      June 23, 2008
      19 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2009, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

We tend to trust what the government too much. Take things for granted.  In this case the government has handed over the management and trust of our had earned dollars to a chosen few without oversight as you say. It was always strange to me why thiese drawings are not in a open.....with sunshine on it.....format. In Michigan that system is very complicated and closed off and it makes you wonder.

United States
        Member #67870
        December 7, 2008
        154 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2009, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I think they're supposed to have various certified people witnessing as observers, but I have not heard of taping the practice runs.  The actual drawing I think is live and right on time, so if your state drawing is at 1pm,

the clock in your home should say 1pm as the balls get drawn on live tv. 

I do believe they do switch night and day machines, as well as machines a and b,etc.   Ball sets are probably replaced once in a while too, I imagine. 

Virginia also holds public meetings with the lottery board.  Check your state's lottery website, and read the pamphlet.  For example, Virginia's next lottery board public meeting will be sometime this coming week, if it wasn't already this week.  I remember seeing the schedule last year.  Other states will probably be similar.  If they are, then what usually happens is the lawmakers push to pass the rules which then allow the lottery board to make they're own further micromanaged rules.

From this it is important that all lottery players and enthusiasts communicate with your respective lawmakers.  They do need to hear from you, so email them.  It's the proper thing to do.  In the past I used to offer suggestions to the lottery offices, but that is not the way things work.  Lotteries abide by laws voted on by lawmakers who listen to those who communicate to them.

Michigan
          United States
          Member #59293
          March 12, 2008
          121 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2009, 6:41 am - IP Logged

I just wanna know one thing: Can the lottery find out which number has been played the most and voids it and makes sure it doesnt come out so they wont lose so much money?

If i can only find an answer to that question id be happy so i know whether to quit playing or not

United States
            Member #67870
            December 7, 2008
            154 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2009, 7:47 am - IP Logged

the answer will probably be no

I would not worry that any U.S. lottery might lose money either, they can sell out of a certain number when they stand to pay out too much money if they want.  Lotteries usually lose money when sales go down, not when they sell many chances.

If you have a good winning system I would just recommend it and keep playing.  On the other hand in the unlikely event that 000 keeps coming up every time, for example, like on Groundhog Day, that's different.

Strange things do happen, though.  In Virginia I can't get 365 to hit, same with 777.  It has been years and years with almost a thousand tries per year and they don't want to hit.  What could be done about that? maybe I should play Michigan only from now on.

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
              MICHIGAN
              United States
              Member #65282
              September 22, 2008
              1992 Posts
              Posted: January 11, 2009, 8:42 am - IP Logged

I agree totally:  I hit in Michigan, I always say i swear this machine is

looking at me.  I try to play that 1001 sometimes they wouldn't take

the number.  And then they slipped it out when there was not that much

money on it.  1028 is like that.  But keep trying, maybe you will be able

to slip your favorite in.

United States
                Member #67870
                December 7, 2008
                154 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2009, 9:13 am - IP Logged

we can buy tickets in advance here also, you may be able to as well

For example, go ahead and buy all of February for '1001'  or '1028' or whatever, now in advance.  It does appear that numbers do sell out totally on occasion, so get your reservations.

I just came back from Michigan's lottery website and didn't like it too much, some pages look like an old typewriter from last century wrote it.  But MI does have an old lottery.  Their number and email from their site is:            (517) 335-5648             milottery@michigan.gov.

I found nothing about public lottery board meetings the way VA does,  (our VA site: valottery.com ) 

and the MI lottery website looks too cluttered with news from last century that could really belong in newspaper archives.  I don't know,  I guess email the MI lawmakers and all kinds of people.

United States
                  Member #60337
                  April 14, 2008
                  153 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2009, 9:38 am - IP Logged

That why Ternnessee is in the shape it's in,small room computer pick.Go to Tennessee web sight and listen to the tape of how they pick their draws.....I laughed my a## off at that....They must  think all of Tennesseans are stupid.Yea and thats why most people here are not playing.Find a local state to play is my best advise to any one living in Tennessee.    I of course travel to Georgia,wow they are so good to people....What our stupid ceo dont understand is ......Give a little back and  we play   AGAIN.........she is so stupid to the gambler habit......If I was in charge of the Tennessee lottery it would be as good as Georgia.........Cheryl

United States
                    Member #67870
                    December 7, 2008
                    154 Posts
                    Posted: January 11, 2009, 10:13 am - IP Logged

it did say broadcast times may vary, it seems awful

the pick 5 game in TN is also twice as hard as VA, with just 5 more balls(ours is 34 ball), TN pick 5 of 39 has odds of about one in over a half a million !Confused

I thought it was already awful here in Virginia, with 5 out 34 our odds are 1 in 278,000 (and we can play for 50cents or a quarter, if you don't want the whole 100 grand.)

clarkston mi
                      United States
                      Member #62281
                      June 23, 2008
                      19 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2009, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

In Michigan there is just about zero legislative oversight. Meaning the state lawmakers do not oversee or have any imput in draw process in any way, shape or form. There are no legislative committees for the Michigan state lottery. The lottery is supposed to be oversited by the govenors office and they will tell you there is nothing in place in the way a regulated oversite or watchdog process. The "Commission" has been running itself for years. Managing hundreds of millions of dollars of hard earned public money thats free from any real democratic oversite. They do what they want because they answer to nobody. The draws are held in "secret".......they will tell you it's a "secure" location. Why do you need a behind closed doors, out of public view, "secure" location to pick 3 & 4 numbers........if it's fair. Are they worried about terrorists comming in and making them pick certain numbers ? The very convoluted process of switching balls before each draw from the many sets of balls they have is puzzling and not something most players are even aware of. Either the balls from yesterday were good or not.....which is it. Are they saying..."well we don't know so just in case we will put in a different set today". That's garbage. If the machine they showed me today has been altered before the next draw they should declare it. They are switching sets of balls at such a high rate it appears they really aren't checking for any kind of bias.  You rasie a good point just by your question of not being sure how each state is handled. It is my position that the Federal government makes enough revenue from lottery winners that they should have some type of regulatory board to insure tax payers that at the very least the systems that are being used would assure fairplay. The "secret' system here in Michigan does little to assure faitrplay. It's basically "trust us".....behind closed doors. After all its the millions of  players who are responsible for the billions of dollars they take in.....they should provide some form of protection for us. When the public is being asked to "trust" especially when billions of dollars is at stake oversite should be demanded. Putting sunshine of the process is always good. Again per my original post the fact they had no curiosity about the man buying 50 straight 4 digits and no other combination minutes before the draw cut off & a half mile away from the draw office (a $250,000 last minute "hunch").....to me rasies questions. I have to talked to lawmakers and thats how I learened that the commisiion answers to itself. Ater 25 years of playing a game that should return 50 % (in a perfect world) my return is 8 %.....I'm playing enough numbers and at a rate of play that I should be closer to the perfect senario. Many people have noticed that in Michigan there seem to be too many days when with millions of 4 didgit combos being played.....and either nobody or less then 5 tickets hit. Too many of those days it would seem.

Thanks

Dave

ICNUMBERS's avatar - the eye.png
                        Messy Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #64435
                        August 28, 2008
                        110 Posts
                        Posted: January 16, 2009, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I don't care what nobody say MI is one of the most cheating states that I have ever seen. They play all kinds of games that they know pertain to how they are going to pay out. See what everybody who begs the differ is missing is that lottery is a business just like any other and for most they who cheat are beginning to be exposed. Hopefully soon MI will be having their rinse cycle. Now just what they are really doing with the proceeds is the question everyone should be asking because if you go to there website and see the payouts it is really a joke especially when so many are playing now more than ever hoping for a miracle and not doing any research so they are taken way more in and claiming that the state is broke. The public schools are suffering. I ask why should I have to pay for my kids books so I sent lottery tickets and said that I was paid in full. LOL The school told me some makeshift excuse that I didn't truly believe. On a better note when they have their matrix set so that it is easy to predict that's just them being nice. Example when they do the flip 6 to 9 or 2 to 5 vice versa or they actually let the 3 and or 6 follow the zero because I have watched them try to skip but they know that, that's one golden rule they don't want to mess with. MI has a whole bunch of bag of tricks which often make me sick enough to spit and quit now I am more sitting back observing they have just took the fascination right out of me for the lottery but I'm still learning and am not going to give up my quest of popping them one good time.

Good Luck to All

ICNUMBERS

Remember we are the decisions that we make, please take the time to educate.Stooges

clarkston mi
                          United States
                          Member #62281
                          June 23, 2008
                          19 Posts
                          Posted: January 18, 2009, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Where the lottery money goes once it's handed over to the state by the Lottery Commission is certainly important but to me secondary because not enough players ask their lawmakers if they can assure us that the process in which the winners are produced is safe from cheating.  It appears to me that the fact Michigan doesn't even have legislative oversight on the billions of  dollars thats handed over to the lottery......they don't care. It tells me the lawmakers have little respect for those hard earned billions.......they clearly take it for granted.....what the hell.....it's just gambling money.......it's for the schools......who cares?  It sure seems to me that nobody cares how it's handled.......and after all why should the lawmakers care......if the players don't.  Does anybody know of anyone else calling their lawmaker to ask for a simpler & more open process in picking our winners ?....IT'S OUR HARD EARNED MONEY PEOPLE......WAKE UP......START CALLING YOUR LAWMAKERS A DEMAND A MORE OPEN & SIMPLER PROCESS ........The process today is free of legislative oversight and paves the way for somebody to cheat the system.....in fact it's has begged to be cheated. I say this because.....1).....there is no legislative oversight at all......just the "Commission" running itself free form any real democratic process......2)......Too many Michigan games like Fantasy 5, Classic Lotto, Keno, etc  producing winning numbers at a hidden location with a few regulars on hand using what is little more then a laptop COMPUTER picking those numbers.   Ask anybody what they tihnk of that kind of security in this hackable world.......secret location using computers......ask a 15 yr old how secure he thinks that is. Now couple this weak.....very suspect senario.....with the fact that winners of such prizes can remain nameless.  Any of Michigan game winners can declare to remain nameless. ......3)......When one looks at the very convoluted method of how the dailly numbers are drawn......it defies logic.....and it's all done in the same secret location. Switching balls before every draw without reason.....or more important without telling players that the epquipment was changed since the last time they watched.  As I explained in my last post.....a very complicated system when it is not needed.  At least not needed to just a a fair draw.......Maybe FAIR is not the result their looking for.   I would advise ay player to start calling their lawmakers and ask...1)....why there is no legislative oversight of the billions of dollars we players hand over to the state.....20 ...why the process pciking winners of the games is not out in the open  and get it away from the computers.......players & lotterys clubs & retiree clubs would be more then happy to help supervised blindfolded picks.  It would save the state lots of money to get it away from the handful of companies with millions in contracts that handle the equipment ( in secret locations). Can you imagine open draws in open public forums here in Michigan.....a rotation for months at a time at places like Great Lakes Crossing Mall.....Northland Mall.....Southland.....Eastland.......Mackinaw Island,  etc, ......calling in stangers to do blindfolded picks under supervision with several lottery officials and 1 or 2 members of local police department or State police......Some version of this but most important get it out of the secret "secure" locations....and out of the dark world of the computers. .....PUT SOME SUNSHINE ON IT......Call your state lawmakers........they won't care unless we show them we care.....It's our money

unseen's avatar - 4eyes
                            louisville, Ky
                            United States
                            Member #4928
                            June 3, 2004
                            142 Posts
                            Posted: January 25, 2009, 11:47 am - IP Logged

interesting topic and threads but I wish you all would format your sentences please.  It's painful to the eyes to read without proper structure. 

L J1's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #54181
                              August 8, 2007
                              123 Posts
                              Posted: January 25, 2009, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I often wondered about how business is conducted over there in Lansing, MI where the headquarters of the Michigan Lottery is located. I've had talks with other players regarding the same topic. Unless your in that circle of news on a need to know basis, good luck trying to find out.

My feelings are, just as your close to the answer, they place another bird dog on to throw you off the trail. I understand years in the past an accounting firm did judge oversite in the drawings; when pick-5, and pick-6 was a mecanical drawing.

Perhaps as in drprsi's post's, this could be one more reason when it comes to the evening draws here in Michigan, there's a delay of time, from the time the ticket machine at the retailer doesn't allow any further purchases at 7:08pm, to the actual time of the evening drawings at 7:29pm.

Again, it's been said many times over, a huge portion of the lottery goes to the schools, which I'm truly in favor of. But what I'd like to know, and again need to know.... lol; based on the Michigan Lottery's web site, some of the money not only goes to the school fund, but also to the State of Michigan's General Fund.

Balance is Key