Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Universal Studios, Powerball and the Art of Deception

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 8 years ago by GamerMom.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
The Quantum Master
West Concord, MN
United States
Member #21
December 7, 2001
3685 Posts
Posted: January 14, 2009, 7:33 am - IP Logged

It would be so nice if folks got their facts straight before posting this BS.

First, Powerball DID NOT 'choose' Universal Studios. I won't go into details here.

Second, what could they POSSIBLY gain by a 'deception' ?   The games are won (or not) at the same rate - have been for years, so get back to me if the Jackpot is won on, say, 10 nonsecutive drawings in-a-row, or if it goes 6 months or a year without getting hit.

Seriously - what would be the purpose of doing anything you are 'alleging' ?

And as far as this goes - 'We would not be surprised if Powerball and Universal Studios werealready using CGI and their Green Screen technique to plug-in a liveperson and play for the public a possible fake, realistic looking CGIdrawing machines. It's not beyond the realm of possibility.' -  I can tell you for absolute fact that this isn't the case.

You go right ahead and keep on telling us that.

We'll be right over here ignoring you.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
Knowledge is Beyond Belief
Wisdom is Not Censored
Douglas Paul Smallish
Jehocifer

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
    United States
    Member #4924
    June 3, 2004
    5984 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2009, 7:47 am - IP Logged

It would be so nice if folks got their facts straight before posting this BS.

First, Powerball DID NOT 'choose' Universal Studios. I won't go into details here.

Second, what could they POSSIBLY gain by a 'deception' ?   The games are won (or not) at the same rate - have been for years, so get back to me if the Jackpot is won on, say, 10 nonsecutive drawings in-a-row, or if it goes 6 months or a year without getting hit.

Seriously - what would be the purpose of doing anything you are 'alleging' ?

And as far as this goes - 'We would not be surprised if Powerball and Universal Studios werealready using CGI and their Green Screen technique to plug-in a liveperson and play for the public a possible fake, realistic looking CGIdrawing machines. It's not beyond the realm of possibility.' -  I can tell you for absolute fact that this isn't the case.

" First, Powerball DID NOT 'choose' Universal Studios. I won't go into details here."

The only way possible for you to make that statement and have that knowledge is

1. You are associated with Universal Studios

or

2. You are associated with Powerball

or

3. You are associated with the Florida Lottery.

Could possibly be 2 & 3

or you have a relative who works for either of them and they are passing along proprietary info.

The Quantum Master
      West Concord, MN
      United States
      Member #21
      December 7, 2001
      3685 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2009, 7:57 am - IP Logged

" First, Powerball DID NOT 'choose' Universal Studios. I won't go into details here."

or

or

Could possibly be 2 & 3

or you have a relative who works for either of them and they are passing along proprietary info.

We guesser you're right.

But here's something even more interesting. There would be no response if there wasn't even the sight possibility this could be true. After all, if they know the truth about it all, then this is just an insane rave about... nothing. The fact that they have some minor level minion replying for them is all too revealing.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
      Douglas Paul Smallish
      Jehocifer

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5146 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2009, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

or

or

Could possibly be 2 & 3

THANK's CARBOB:

Lately, I am hearing report's that the stock's have been rigged by

the Wall Street fat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KAT'$$$$$

Now I see Universal Studios R now in the lottery jackpot WORLD!

My question is "WHY">>>"WHY">>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????

Most state's have told us they want 2 cut D exxpense N LOTTERY!

Most stupid state's want 2 put the lotto & lottery in D "backroom"

and let D>>>>>>>>>>>>"RNG" >>>>>>>>>>DO-D-WORK'$$

"THIS L@@K'$ LIKE A BIG PRODUCTION"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

PSYKOMO

The Quantum Master
          West Concord, MN
          United States
          Member #21
          December 7, 2001
          3685 Posts
          Posted: January 24, 2009, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

After watching a few drawings, we can see their choice of colors is well selected. Overall dark colors and mostly blues make it harder for the human eye to pick up any flaws in the video. The human eye is a keen instrument, but it can be fooled by choices in colors, contrast and brightness. Since our eyes have a more difficult time seeing blues and dark blues contrast, it makes good sense why those were used. Out of sight, out of mind. Hmm? Must be from a different lesson learned. We'll continue to watch.

Red Eyes 

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
          Douglas Paul Smallish
          Jehocifer

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
            Member #9517
            December 10, 2004
            1281 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2009, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Computer graphics today are not realistic enough to fake that. It will either look too pixelated or too perfect.

But within 5-10 year it will probably be possible.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: January 28, 2009, 1:18 am - IP Logged

We guesser you're right.

But here's something even more interesting. There would be no response if there wasn't even the sight possibility this could be true. After all, if they know the truth about it all, then this is just an insane rave about... nothing. The fact that they have some minor level minion replying for them is all too revealing.

I'm not replying for anybody aside from the facts, you are the one throwing out speculation and innuendo with nothing to back it up.

You are suggesting it is all smoke and mirrors, and you have not the slightest grounds for saying that, aside from the fact that the drawing has moved to an amusement park owned by a movie corporation.   I have done nothing to suggest anyone has done anything off-handed - you have, and it's not right.

And to say 'There would be no response if there wasn't even the slightest possibility this could be true', that's a pretty profound statement, because it implies you or anyone can post anything they want, and if anyone replies for any reason, then it might be 'true'.

Still, that said, nobody has given any bonifide reasons why anyone would want to skew the lottery - and I don't think they have any interest or reason to skew it because you can be assured that for as long as the lottery has been played, surely word would leak out, or someone a lot smarter than any of us would have it figured out by now.

But alas, as you also said, you just keep on ignoring me, better yet - put me on your Ignore List, then you won't have to listen to the voice of reason.

The Quantum Master
                West Concord, MN
                United States
                Member #21
                December 7, 2001
                3685 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2009, 8:25 am - IP Logged

I'm not replying for anybody aside from the facts, you are the one throwing out speculation and innuendo with nothing to back it up.

You are suggesting it is all smoke and mirrors, and you have not the slightest grounds for saying that, aside from the fact that the drawing has moved to an amusement park owned by a movie corporation.   I have done nothing to suggest anyone has done anything off-handed - you have, and it's not right.

And to say 'There would be no response if there wasn't even the slightest possibility this could be true', that's a pretty profound statement, because it implies you or anyone can post anything they want, and if anyone replies for any reason, then it might be 'true'.

Still, that said, nobody has given any bonifide reasons why anyone would want to skew the lottery - and I don't think they have any interest or reason to skew it because you can be assured that for as long as the lottery has been played, surely word would leak out, or someone a lot smarter than any of us would have it figured out by now.

But alas, as you also said, you just keep on ignoring me, better yet - put me on your Ignore List, then you won't have to listen to the voice of reason.

yeah guesser, i guess your right. after all, how dare little pissant me even question our big, giant government. i guess i better give up...  ...not.

Bat

if our government can act on suspicion alone, so can i.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                Douglas Paul Smallish
                Jehocifer

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                  Member #48046
                  December 7, 2006
                  1699 Posts
                  Posted: February 11, 2009, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I'm not one to even watch the drawings lately,   As a matter of fact any lottery draw I'm in, is like Christmas to me.

I'm all excited the next day opening my present from Santa,  wondering whats in it, (lottery ticket)

I was wondering though, Guesser says he's been to a few drawings,

How exactly do they determine the ball-set, and machines, for the up-coming draw, (powerball)

Is it a computer thing?  Mabey there's an old man in a Tower, and they yell up.......

"Hey old man,  which Ball-set do we use this time?"

Does anybody know?          Thanks in advance.

Los Angeles CA
                    United States
                    Member #55727
                    October 16, 2007
                    195 Posts
                    Posted: February 11, 2009, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Woudn't it be cool if the Terminator picked the numbers?  Or maybe they could have a drawing in Jurassic Park with T-Rex eating 5 people with numbers on their white tee shirts and 1 wearing a red one.  Eek!

Best Lottery Idea Ever!

EXMECHANIC

"My dollar buys hope, what does yours do?" 

United States
                      Member #59720
                      March 25, 2008
                      52 Posts
                      Posted: February 11, 2009, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Well hopefully the fact that I've been to Universal and also read The Art of Deception by Kevin Mitnick several years ago means i'll be given some luck Big Smile

The Quantum Master
                        West Concord, MN
                        United States
                        Member #21
                        December 7, 2001
                        3685 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2009, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Putting two and two together is relatively easy. If you'd like to see if that kind of fakery can be made to look real, you don't have to look far. It's staring you right in the face almost every day. It can illustrate the level of perfection that has been achieved in a variety of applications from total CGI to CGI with live action embedded. It is the TELEVISION COMMERCIAL. Just watch carefully how the Unreal can be made to Look Real. This is just one example of an application in the Art of Deception.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                        Douglas Paul Smallish
                        Jehocifer

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                          Member #60535
                          April 21, 2008
                          460 Posts
                          Posted: February 21, 2009, 10:01 am - IP Logged

I'm confused as to how it is fake if somebody actually wins???  Maybe you are trying to say they hold out on giving a winning jp number so the jackpot climbs higher? somebody will eventually win.  people definitely win the lower tier prizes so I don't see how you claim is valid.