Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

online gaming

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 8 years ago by konane.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Should the U.S. stop trying to end online gaming?

definitely [ 52 ]  [86.67%]
No. Online gambling is harmful to families. [ 5 ]  [8.33%]
other __________ [ 3 ]  [5.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 60 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #67870
December 7, 2008
154 Posts
Posted: January 11, 2009, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

I was just reading a post from '06 in the News forum,  where U.S. politicians spoke of online betting games as not belonging in U.S. living rooms and being harmful to U.S. families.

I think with the old and nasty administration ways about to (potentially)drastically change, people like you and I have better odds at being heard and understood by the lawmakers who are supposed to work for us.

I DEFINITELY say they should stop trying to end online gaming

and in fact they should reverse and repeal whatever damages the past administrations have done.  I am glad to hear that quite a few companies still exist.  Pokerstars as I understand it, just recently processed their 120 millionth bet, and I hear that even the NFL (football) supports them.

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
    Member #69169
    January 5, 2009
    2122 Posts
    Posted: January 11, 2009, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I dont know much about online gaming but I would love to play the lottery online. Even more, other states. So I definitely agree with you jr-va

"Many Strategies|One Game"

United States
      Member #67870
      December 7, 2008
      154 Posts
      Posted: January 11, 2009, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

me too, but for the most part the lawmakers of the past really messed things up

I hope things start to get better this year.   Smiley

United States
        Member #69169
        January 5, 2009
        2122 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2009, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever played the lottery online?

United States
          Member #69169
          January 5, 2009
          2122 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2009, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

And why doesnt people get involved here?

United States
            Member #67870
            December 7, 2008
            154 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2009, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

I'm certainly interested, I am in the research stage right now. 

My understanding (anyone correct me as needed)  is that years ago, the lawmakers and crazy administrations messed things up and wanted online number games basically forbidden.  It scared a lot of companies into shutting down and some big internet sites quit advertising for them.  Some of them however, stood up for what they thought was right.  After all, the companies are not even U.S. companies, nor are they here in the U.S.  Then, from what I understand, one of the Bush administrations started what they call the federal wire act and a lot of the companies had to stop dealing with banks.  The companies continued, but I do not know what the current situation is.

That is what I am trying to find out, as well as the fact that the new lawmakers coming in have a rotten mess to straighten up as soon as possible.

But anyway, I am interested and I have a feeling many of us (millions of us) are.  It's just one of those things that the old government wanted to forbid things from your private home.  I do hope things change soon after this current dictatorship-like government ends this month.

Confused

United States
              Member #67870
              December 7, 2008
              154 Posts
              Posted: January 11, 2009, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

CLAIMER:

I must note that this thread is intended merely as a discussion and I cannot state what anyone is allowed or forbidden to do.  That is in fact one of my further opinions, that our nation is in a total mess as each of us tries to sort out the heads and tails out. 

(but I am glad for Mass. I just need to research what my own state wants to forbid me to do, etc. )

gl

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                MICHIGAN
                United States
                Member #65282
                September 22, 2008
                1992 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2009, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I think online games would b great?  Has to b someone who  would set up a

website and make it legal(gaming laws)  they vary from state to state.

I know i would play.

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2009, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

I was just reading a post from '06 in the News forum,  where U.S. politicians spoke of online betting games as not belonging in U.S. living rooms and being harmful to U.S. families.

I think with the old and nasty administration ways about to (potentially)drastically change, people like you and I have better odds at being heard and understood by the lawmakers who are supposed to work for us.

and in fact they should reverse and repeal whatever damages the past administrations have done.  I am glad to hear that quite a few companies still exist.  Pokerstars as I understand it, just recently processed their 120 millionth bet, and I hear that even the NFL (football) supports them.

harmful to U.S families? What about Cigarettes? the lottery can be like cigarettes if HUGE amount of money is giving like 70 million dollars [after taxes] and those people that after they won that much want to accumulate even more money....

You know i honestly wish they stop selling those new video games they talk about on play station 3 and xbox 360 and the others and go back to the old nintendo, because they are so violent...

i know that online gambling will increase the money gone to education a lot...

i don't know if this will work but if they are so worry about online gambling wasting people's money, they can create lotteries that cost 5 cents per ticket or 10 cents per ticket and you win like 1,000 dollars or 15 cents per ticket and you win 3,000 dollars or 5 cents per ticket and win 500 dollars is up to them...and just stop there do not increase the price of each ticket more than that...

you know i just visited an online lotto that cost 5 cents per ticket and is a pick3/18 and if you win you win 100 dollars...Cant beat that...

you know i will have surely have preferred a Pick3/18 that pays 100 dollars and best of all cost 5 cents per ticket than to spend 1 dollar and win 500 dollars on pick3 or spend 1 dollar and win 5,000 on Pick4....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2009, 12:09 am - IP Logged

I think they should stop trying to end online gambling. I would love to be able to play Pick 4 online, because it isn't offered in my state, but I have a feeling they won't.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                      Member #9517
                      December 10, 2004
                      1272 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2009, 6:07 am - IP Logged

I have been using online gambling for years here in Norway. The national lottery company got online delivery systems for all kinds of betting and lotteries.
                      I mainly use it for the Saturday Lotto 7/34, Viking Lotto 6/48 and KENO. Can be totally recommeded.
                      You got easy control of how much you spend and how much you win. Money won goes into your account within a few hours.

If you win small amounts the money goes into an account at the lottery company which you can use when you want to play. If you win a large amount,
                      the money goes into your normal bank account. You can move money from the lottery company account to your normal bank account whenever needed.

No longer any need to go down to the lottery dealer down at the corner in rain, snow and freezing temperatures.

msmusic's avatar - music note-t10469-2jvmir1.jpg
                        Hating is for the weak, loving is for the strong.
                        LA/TX
                        United States
                        Member #5957
                        July 29, 2004
                        9102 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2009, 8:02 am - IP Logged

One can play pick3 and pick 4, PB,MM and most state lotto, Been playing p3 online for years.Site name are forbidden here.

"Money is a good servant, but a poor master."

http://lotterynumatic.blogspot.com/

United States
                          Member #67870
                          December 7, 2008
                          154 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2009, 8:25 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

good ideas.

cheers to everyone, and happy new year.  I hope things will start to finally really change/improve soon.

United States
                            Member #67870
                            December 7, 2008
                            154 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2009, 8:49 am - IP Logged

I think they should stop trying to end online gambling. I would love to be able to play Pick 4 online, because it isn't offered in my state, but I have a feeling they won't.

Type

well you're not alone, just keep in mind that my idea of what lottery enthusiasts ought to do is write your state and federal representatives, or email them.  Even getting one letter or email from someone who does play lotteries is better than none. 

There is absolutely no good reason why you should have to spend lots of money and time just to get to a state so you can also enjoy playing lotteries that millions upon hundreds of millions of the rest of us can enjoy and consider it an everyday integral part of us, other than the old federal (and state) inconsiderate ways that managed to make nothing but a disaster .

Smile

Honduras
                              Member #20982
                              August 29, 2005
                              4715 Posts
                              Posted: January 12, 2009, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

harmful to U.S families? What about Cigarettes? the lottery can be like cigarettes if HUGE amount of money is giving like 70 million dollars [after taxes] and those people that after they won that much want to accumulate even more money....

You know i honestly wish they stop selling those new video games they talk about on play station 3 and xbox 360 and the others and go back to the old nintendo, because they are so violent...

i know that online gambling will increase the money gone to education a lot...

i don't know if this will work but if they are so worry about online gambling wasting people's money, they can create lotteries that cost 5 cents per ticket or 10 cents per ticket and you win like 1,000 dollars or 15 cents per ticket and you win 3,000 dollars or 5 cents per ticket and win 500 dollars is up to them...and just stop there do not increase the price of each ticket more than that...

you know i just visited an online lotto that cost 5 cents per ticket and is a pick3/18 and if you win you win 100 dollars...Cant beat that...

you know i will have surely have preferred a Pick3/18 that pays 100 dollars and best of all cost 5 cents per ticket than to spend 1 dollar and win 500 dollars on pick3 or spend 1 dollar and win 5,000 on Pick4....

Anyways i don't care much if the USA does not legalize gambling, i care that Europe, England, Russia, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America legalize it..Sorry to say it but the USA acts sometimes as sadistic..

And it makes me mad, because whatever the USA does the rest of the world follow to copy and they are not independent..

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨