Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Am I being punished for something?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 8 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
Midlands, SC
United States
Member #69698
January 14, 2009
303 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2009, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm broke....living paycheck to paycheck.  So last Sunday, I decided that I would not play pick 3 or pick 4 for at least a week and only play the powerball.  Why, can someone please tell me WHY then did 3 of the pick 3 numbers I play on a regular basis then come out?  Why did one number even come out back to back?  And then my favorite pick 4 number comes out yesterday? 

So today, I decided to try my luck again....only I didn't make it to the gas station in time.  I had my slip filled out, my money in my pocket and I took a nap and woke up too late.  I even passed the gas station at 6:40 pm....but there were so many cars and the line was too long so I said it wasn't meant to be.  Only I just checked and my number came out just an hour ago.  And that dumbass ticket is still sitting on my dashboard in the car....alone and lonely in the cold.  I feel like crying.  Literally CRYING.  Can someone tell me why?  

Bahamas
    Member #44107
    July 30, 2006
    252 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2009, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

I'm broke....living paycheck to paycheck.  So last Sunday, I decided that I would not play pick 3 or pick 4 for at least a week and only play the powerball.  Why, can someone please tell me WHY then did 3 of the pick 3 numbers I play on a regular basis then come out?  Why did one number even come out back to back?  And then my favorite pick 4 number comes out yesterday? 

So today, I decided to try my luck again....only I didn't make it to the gas station in time.  I had my slip filled out, my money in my pocket and I took a nap and woke up too late.  I even passed the gas station at 6:40 pm....but there were so many cars and the line was too long so I said it wasn't meant to be.  Only I just checked and my number came out just an hour ago.  And that dumbass ticket is still sitting on my dashboard in the car....alone and lonely in the cold.  I feel like crying.  Literally CRYING.  Can someone tell me why?  

Buying numbers is a gamble so sometimes you win and some times you loose.  What you experienced is what  everybody experience.  Sometimes I play one number I like for up to two weeks and the minute I drop it, it comes out and thats what make me think that they have some device that can determine what everyone is playing. What you need to do is pay of your bills first, put aside something for recreation and when that is finished don't play until your next pay check. Another thing is try and find strageties and ways to win.

Illinois
      United States
      Member #68755
      December 29, 2008
      85 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2009, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Hey,

Don't feel so bad I am sure that lots of us have done this one time or another, I know that I have. I would play a few numbers like mad, and then decide to switch, and then they would fall out. I would literally scream very loud, but I just told myself that I just have to do it different next time. So, I hope that you feel better soon.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
        Kunming
        China
        Member #57910
        January 23, 2008
        3626 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2009, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

One word, FATE. It's not God or the Devil punishing you. Though that's what some would have you believe. It has to do with YOU and only YOU. Everything in life is a lesson for YOU. It's a lesson in maybe patience and endurance. It's a lesson to enlighten you hopefully. It's a lesson to fine tune yourself. I've been there. Just the other day I played 334 and the next day it came out 334 but of course I didn't play it. It happens to a lot of us believe it or not but we feel it's just us. Don't kick yourself so hard. On a personal note, why even play powerball when the odds are so ridiculous! Good Luck and I hope you feel better in a few days. Don't give up and do some meditation.

Play to win!

Litebets27's avatar - power
          Maryland
          United States
          Member #10465
          January 14, 2005
          6065 Posts
          Posted: January 18, 2009, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Buying numbers is a gamble so sometimes you win and some times you loose.  What you experienced is what  everybody experience.  Sometimes I play one number I like for up to two weeks and the minute I drop it, it comes out and thats what make me think that they have some device that can determine what everyone is playing. What you need to do is pay of your bills first, put aside something for recreation and when that is finished don't play until your next pay check. Another thing is try and find strageties and ways to win.

I definitly agree with optimistic. Strategize ways to pay off your bills first or atleast getting them to a reasonable/manageable amount where you can play/gamble comfortablly. Don't play with the thought that your playing to win three digits to help pay off your debits, unless your debit is that small.

The lottery will always be there. Take the time that your paying your bills to study the lottery. Play on paper for awhile. You may come across some patterns that will make your play more efficient.

Good luck.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Midlands, SC
            United States
            Member #69698
            January 14, 2009
            303 Posts
            Posted: January 18, 2009, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the advice. 

United States
              Member #916
              December 12, 2002
              18335 Posts
              Posted: January 18, 2009, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Positive thinking... condition your mind to win....it works! Read this great book "The Secret" and you will become empowered to overcome the obstacles that life gives us

Midlands, SC
                United States
                Member #69698
                January 14, 2009
                303 Posts
                Posted: January 18, 2009, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the advice.  This is crazy.  Maybe it is a lesson in patience and endurance.  You're definitely right about powerball....I bought 25 quick picks and didn't even win 3 bucks.  LOL....had I played my number all weekend instead I would have been 290 bucks richer today on pick 3!  It's kind of funny now that I think about it.  I need to learn how to meditate.  My mind is so congested at times....like today.  I can't believe I missed a number again.  I can't believe I spent so much money on that damned powerball! 

spookysoozy's avatar - acepent
                  South Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #100
                  January 28, 2002
                  3734 Posts
                  Posted: January 18, 2009, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

That kind of think happens to me when Mercury is retrograde. I do not play for the 3 week period.

I play a 'prosperity' recording to get the right thoughts constant.

as they fell in the past, Ga first. 1=0, 0=1

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23349 Posts
                    Posted: January 18, 2009, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Yup, happens to everyone.  It happened to me one week ago.  The one day I did not play (last Sunday), my number hit.  I would have had a straight hit.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23349 Posts
                      Posted: January 18, 2009, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

By the way, I consolidated your posts in the two different forums into this one post.  Please only post a topic in one forum.  Everyone sees it no matter which forum it gets posted in, so just post in the most appropriate forum.  I kept it in Mystical, since some of the replies seemed appropriate for it.

Midlands, SC
                        United States
                        Member #69698
                        January 14, 2009
                        303 Posts
                        Posted: January 18, 2009, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

Thanks...I'm kind of new at this. 

Kaptainess's avatar - hiro bird.jpg

United States
                          Member #63356
                          July 26, 2008
                          1427 Posts
                          Posted: January 18, 2009, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Dopey7719 - Don't be discouraged!!  I did the same thing to my number that I played over 3 bucks on the day before it came out  STRAIGHT!!!!  I crumbled the tickets up but still can scan and show you.  I do it all the time!!!!  My exhusband/now boyfriend said I should be a millionair!  LOL! 

Listen, had more self confidence in your abilities, your luck and your intuition.  I work on the numbers everyday, but on the way to play sometimes a license plate will look funny, sometimes the plate will have 1606 but when I look at it it looks like 1606, the other day I looked at my neighbor's plate and it was 5732, you got it, I saw 5732.    Sometimes my little friends (voices) will tell me it WILL NOT come out, funny lil guys, because the number DOES COME out!!  Intuition is a funny thing.

Just don't whack yourself on the head too hard or you'll be paying for a hopital visit.  Should I tell you about mine when I didn't play my numbers??  LOL!!!  Takes a long time to get over a concussion you know!!!

As for your numbers, come to Lotto Post and look around in your State, check out the predictions and see if your number is listed or some thing close to your number.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK.  History, stats, runs, pairs, last played, and good people on this site will help you put you on the right tract.

As for me I don't even have a paycheck right now.  Somebody should have told me years ago that you don't tell your boss is a idiot even when he is one, and you don't write the vice-president nor the president of your organization repeating that statement.  LOL!!!  Hey, he was a real idiot!  Am I sorry?  No, I only told the truth and going on three years of happiness!! 

So, every hit funds the other hit, when I have a real dry spell and come up with hot one I put it in with my bookie that day and collect the same day.  No, I don't owe the bookie!!   I only place sure bets with him.

So relax, take a deep breath, and GET THE BIG HIT SOON!!   I never say good luck, takes more than luck.

Kaptainess

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23349 Posts
                            Posted: January 18, 2009, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Thanks...I'm kind of new at this. 

No problem, I understand.

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                              Member #33588
                              February 22, 2006
                              2068 Posts
                              Posted: January 19, 2009, 8:43 am - IP Logged

I will not say you being punished may be you punishing your self by not playing the day before the draw date.Change your ways, treat people right the law of nature will help bring goodness and good instinct vibes.Hhowever, act upon it !is your angel talking to you then.I believe that !! goodness will come soon.