Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Am I being punished for something?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 8 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dbello's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
Michigan
United States
Member #26915
November 24, 2005
6189 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2009, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm broke....living paycheck to paycheck.  So last Sunday, I decided that I would not play pick 3 or pick 4 for at least a week and only play the powerball.  Why, can someone please tell me WHY then did 3 of the pick 3 numbers I play on a regular basis then come out?  Why did one number even come out back to back?  And then my favorite pick 4 number comes out yesterday? 

So today, I decided to try my luck again....only I didn't make it to the gas station in time.  I had my slip filled out, my money in my pocket and I took a nap and woke up too late.  I even passed the gas station at 6:40 pm....but there were so many cars and the line was too long so I said it wasn't meant to be.  Only I just checked and my number came out just an hour ago.  And that dumbass ticket is still sitting on my dashboard in the car....alone and lonely in the cold.  I feel like crying.  Literally CRYING.  Can someone tell me why?  

Concentrate on this Sentence  

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never
did.'  When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing
you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. 
Concentrate on this sentence...
'The will of God will never take you
where the Grace of God will not protect you.'  Something good will
happen to you today; something that you have been waiting to hear

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    MICHIGAN
    United States
    Member #65282
    September 22, 2008
    1992 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2009, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Man do u know how many times i have been there.  But i never give up

I was not going to play tonight, but after reading your post, i guess i

better put my coat on.   They have a good list going on in the MI

chelle, giftedchild, undress.  I guess their money is longer than mine

I'm going to pick 6 of numbers along with my 4-digits and HOPE for

the best.

konane's avatar - wallace
      Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #1265
      March 13, 2003
      3333 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2009, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

....."Why, can someone please tell me WHY then did 3 of the pick 3 numbers I play on a regular basis then come out?  Why did one number even come out back to back?  And then my favorite pick 4 number comes out yesterday?"

Pretty simple to me, you were 'holding onto' those numbers by stressing over them due to money concerns.  Then by deciding to not play you let your numbers go and they manifested by hitting.  Happens to all of us so you're not being singled out, nor did you do anything wrong.

Hope you have much better luck next time!!!

Good luck to everyone!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: January 19, 2009, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

I guess it won't help, but I'll add my story.   About 20 minutes ago I was a Sweetbay (a supermarket) and bought my Fantasy-5 ticket for $1.   I knew from watching the scratch-off games on the Florida web site that a few of them still had the majority of top prizes left.  Sapphire 5's is a $2 instant game that pays up to $20,000 and has overall odds of 1 in 4.  It has 20 of 20 top prizes unclaimed.  So I figured, for the first time in years, I'd buy a couple of scratchers.  Maybe I'll only win $1, right?  Wrong.  I won zero, zilch, nothing.   

Regarding the numbers being drawn after you stop playing them, as others have already said, it happens.  I "lost" about $58K last year about a week after a played it.  A story I probably told on LP, since I've mentioned it at least 1,000 times in my life (probably more! lol) is when I was in Vegas in 81.  I was at a roulette table and bet on 22, Black, and Even.  Every darn number was Red and Odd.  Then I stood up, after playing for a long time and using up all my chips, turned around and heard "NUMBER 22!"   After 28 years I can still hear the dealer's voice.

Don't feel cursed.  We don't know why one person plays QPs a few times & wins $100 million and another plays for 30 years and never wins a jackpot.

lilthing's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
          Nassau
          Bahamas
          Member #49383
          January 29, 2007
          7308 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2009, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

This is what happen to me today

A friend of mind mother turned 71 today,

i called her this morning and wish her a happy birthday and all the goodies that goes with it.

i went to play 107 was rushing, did not realized that i press 5 before i press enter

when the number came, i said i win box; then i check to see the money but there was no money

i was about to go to flowers to find out why, so one mind told me to check what i play before i make my self shame

down at the very buttom was the 1075 i sat there looking at it Bang Head    i could not beleive it, i almost cry.Crying

i would of gotton back the money that i spend to play with earlier and could of try my hand later

but am not gonna let that get to me, i will try this 4ball for a few days and see what happens.

For every action, there's a reaction :-Cheers 

DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #68398
            December 20, 2008
            81 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2009, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

....."Why, can someone please tell me WHY then did 3 of the pick 3 numbers I play on a regular basis then come out?  Why did one number even come out back to back?  And then my favorite pick 4 number comes out yesterday?"

Pretty simple to me, you were 'holding onto' those numbers by stressing over them due to money concerns.  Then by deciding to not play you let your numbers go and they manifested by hitting.  Happens to all of us so you're not being singled out, nor did you do anything wrong.

Hope you have much better luck next time!!!

That being said, does this mean that none of us on LP will ever win the jackpot for our game of choice because we're holding on to the desire for it to happen? Because if that's the case, then I quit.  Right now.

OK lottery fairy, where's my jackpot?

United States
              Member #916
              December 12, 2002
              18335 Posts
              Posted: January 19, 2009, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I guess it won't help, but I'll add my story.   About 20 minutes ago I was a Sweetbay (a supermarket) and bought my Fantasy-5 ticket for $1.   I knew from watching the scratch-off games on the Florida web site that a few of them still had the majority of top prizes left.  Sapphire 5's is a $2 instant game that pays up to $20,000 and has overall odds of 1 in 4.  It has 20 of 20 top prizes unclaimed.  So I figured, for the first time in years, I'd buy a couple of scratchers.  Maybe I'll only win $1, right?  Wrong.  I won zero, zilch, nothing.   

Regarding the numbers being drawn after you stop playing them, as others have already said, it happens.  I "lost" about $58K last year about a week after a played it.  A story I probably told on LP, since I've mentioned it at least 1,000 times in my life (probably more! lol) is when I was in Vegas in 81.  I was at a roulette table and bet on 22, Black, and Even.  Every darn number was Red and Odd.  Then I stood up, after playing for a long time and using up all my chips, turned around and heard "NUMBER 22!"   After 28 years I can still hear the dealer's voice.

Don't feel cursed.  We don't know why one person plays QPs a few times & wins $100 million and another plays for 30 years and never wins a jackpot.

58K!  Ouch that hurts!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: January 19, 2009, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

58K!  Ouch that hurts!

True - Jan 14, 2008  Winning numbers were 2-7-8-10-19

I did win 4/5 however ($105 dollar IIRC) 

My Dad's birthday is Aug 7 and my Mom's is March 28.  I switch back & forth.  I bet 2-7-10-19-28

I had a similar experience on Christmas Eve.   I bet the above combination and a similar one and got 2 wins (3 out of 5)  The jackpot, which nobody won, was over $200,000 and the winning numbers were 2-7-10-22-29.   

This is very common, I guess.   The way I look at it is that I didn't win because there's a bigger prize ahead!

Smiley