Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$20 for PowerBall - PowerPlay or NOT??

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

$20 for PowerBall - Do You PowerPlay or NOT???

$20 - 20 Seperate Numbers [ 15 ]  [34.09%]
$20 - 10 PowerPlay Numbers [ 29 ]  [65.91%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
Member #13130
March 30, 2005
2171 Posts
Posted: January 30, 2009, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know if you can play the POWERPLAY for 5 rows of numbers and for other 5 rows of numbers with no POWERPLAY on the ticket slip or they have to print them off separately?

It depends on how your state's playslip is made.

Here, the powerplay option marks every board (up to five) on the playslip as such. If you wanted five sets with powerplay you would have to put them on a seperate playslip from the five you wanted without powerplay, meaning you would fill out two playslips.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Pogo's avatar - wfl
    NC
    United States
    Member #29378
    January 1, 2006
    552 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2009, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

I keep trying to let people know that there betting strategy affects their winning.

If I recall in early polls way back, A lot of people did not chose to play powerplay.

But this is a slightly different question( you are being forced to chose one - the best option).

I personally think that powerplay makes powerball unique.

If it is not for powerplay, I would really hate powerball.

A good betting strategy include not playing the same powerball over and over because you think it is due to hit.

I have tried that and learned my lesson. A number can chose not to show up for a year. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

It also doesn't do you any good to have a bad system or none consistant system.

I feel sometimes that a quick pick would pay off in the long run. But I can't speak for that I am afraid of leaving it all to luck.

But this is a slightly different question( you are being forced to chose one - the best option).

Exactly, you have to choose 1 or the other personally I don't play until the pots get big and then I'm in for $100 - most recently playing 100 numbers assuming a jackpot win... ...but I guess a majority can't be wrong so I guess I'll be 50 powerplaying from now on myself... ...as for my friend I'll pass on the info and let him decide; besides, my friend at work likes to do his own thing anyways... We'll see - Thanks All, Pogo

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2009, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Exactly, you have to choose 1 or the other personally I don't play until the pots get big and then I'm in for $100 - most recently playing 100 numbers assuming a jackpot win... ...but I guess a majority can't be wrong so I guess I'll be 50 powerplaying from now on myself... ...as for my friend I'll pass on the info and let him decide; besides, my friend at work likes to do his own thing anyways... We'll see - Thanks All, Pogo

I don't think there is a wrong answer. I think it's just whatever your preference is. I used to think buying more tickets would be better. But now, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters. The Powerball odds are so high that buying 50 more tickets probably doesn't matter that much. I figure I might as well just buy a couple and then pp because if I happen to be lucky enough to win a smaller prize, at least I will win more money. Good luck with whatever you decide. Smile

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Pogo's avatar - wfl
        NC
        United States
        Member #29378
        January 1, 2006
        552 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2009, 2:09 am - IP Logged

I don't think there is a wrong answer. I think it's just whatever your preference is. I used to think buying more tickets would be better. But now, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters. The Powerball odds are so high that buying 50 more tickets probably doesn't matter that much. I figure I might as well just buy a couple and then pp because if I happen to be lucky enough to win a smaller prize, at least I will win more money. Good luck with whatever you decide. Smile

Thank You - Pogo Hurray!

Eden Prairie, MN
          United States
          Member #49875
          February 18, 2007
          63 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2009, 6:13 am - IP Logged

I read the POWERBALL website infomation page,70%-80% of winners chose quick pick!

Pogo's avatar - wfl
            NC
            United States
            Member #29378
            January 1, 2006
            552 Posts
            Posted: February 4, 2009, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

I read the POWERBALL website infomation page,70%-80% of winners chose quick pick!

I was wonderin how many of the 20%-30% said they picked their own numbers in fear of the state keeping a portion for generated numbers... ...even though I don't know of any state that does that... TY, Pogo

United Kingdom
              Member #67319
              November 23, 2008
              227 Posts
              Posted: February 5, 2009, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering which way everyone would play this... I have a friend that like to go hard when PowerBall is high... Usually spending like $100 - I told him he would double his chances by getting 100 numbers rather than 50 Powerplay numbers... He said he would rather double his pay off... My reply was "so you're looking to hit less than jackpot???" Give me your feedback just for informational sake... Thanks-A-Million - Pogo

Right now my friend I would say leave Power Ball alone what I have seen, just loaded up some info quite a bit in fact, have not worked it out at this moment will try though, wil be better of going for some thing else.

Good luck to your friend he must have money to throw away.

aberdeennut....

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7310 Posts
                Posted: February 6, 2009, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering which way everyone would play this... I have a friend that like to go hard when PowerBall is high... Usually spending like $100 - I told him he would double his chances by getting 100 numbers rather than 50 Powerplay numbers... He said he would rather double his pay off... My reply was "so you're looking to hit less than jackpot???" Give me your feedback just for informational sake... Thanks-A-Million - Pogo

When new or part time players buy $100 worth of Powerball tickets when the jackpot is huge, they're hoping one of the combos will win the multi-million dollar jackpot so to them it's an all or nothing bet and having 100 chances to win the jackpot is better. For those who play $5 or $10 in almost every drawing, the smaller wins will help them play future drawings; especially when those $2, $4, or $7 winners are multiplied by 4.

It comes down to a players of choice of making it a $1 or $2 a ticket game.