Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LottoHelper

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Prov1x.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #62164
June 19, 2008
1217 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2009, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Other then what has already been said let me know if anyone else has any ideas and I will gladly do my best to work on it.  Also, please leave feedback if you think it sucks or if its helpful at all.

One last note - - If you would like any other states added I can do that also!

Thanks, Prov1x

United States
    Member #62164
    June 19, 2008
    1217 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2009, 1:24 am - IP Logged

I made a howto guide for the program that includes pictures but I couldn't paste them all here.  Hopefully it is helpful without them but the copy with pictures is now attached to the program when you download it.

How to Guide for Lotto Helper

Version 1.5

This programs purpose is to help you narrow down numbers to play for the Pick 3 lottery game.  It is very basic at the moment but is still undergoing major improvements week to week.

Step 1) After downloading the program there will be around 8 files located in the compressed file.  The files are COMCTL32.DLL, READMEFIRST.txt, MBListEx.ocx, Richtx32.ocx, VB6STKIT.DLL, MSINET.OCX, RegisterOCX.bat and the program itself Lottohelper.exe.

The README file says that you need to edit the RegisterOCX.bat file using notepad because the programs requires those files in order to work and windows makes you register them.  The first path (path1) is your system 32 folder.  So, C:\Windows\System32 should work.  The second path is where ever you saved the programs folder, in my case it was on my desktop so path2 is C:\Windows\Desktop\Lottohelper.  After doing that save it and then run RegisterOCX.bat and it should register the files and everything will work correctly as long as all the files are in the folder with the .exe.

Step 2) After getting the program to work you are ready to start using it.  You need to first select what state you want to use and the amount of drawings you want to use.  After this hit Retrieve numbers and it will collect all of those drawings.

Step 3) After retrieving the numbers you are ready to get some statistics on them.  Click Number of times and it will tell you how many times a number is used in what position.  If a number has not been used at all then it will be highlighted yellow.

Step 4) Find Pairs.  Click the button Find Pairs and it will show you how many times pairs are used so that you can decide what is hot or cold.  Before counting pairs it arranges them in numerical order.  For example if 934 were drawn it will first rearrange it to 349 and use the pairs 34, 39 and 49.  This serves the same purpose but makes larger pairs seem like they are not used such as 92 or something similar.

Step 5) Click Find Due Pairs and It will search through the numbers you retrieved and find out what pairs haven’t been drawn since then.

Step 6) If you click the Combine button then it will take the missing front and back pairs and put the ones that match up together in order to form straights that you can play.

Ex: 42X X24 would produce 424.

Step 7)  Even-Odd button looks through the retrieved numbers and shows you the even and odd results.

Step 8)  Saving.  In order to save lists all you have to do is double click somewhere inside of them and it will show a pop-up menu that allows you to either clear or save the information.

The Save All button at the bottom saves the front, back and mixed lists.

The Clr All button clears everything above the orange line that goes through the middle of the form and back down toward the right side.

lotto lynn's avatar - Yavill
      New York
      United States
      Member #65188
      September 20, 2008
      187 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2009, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Hello Prov1, I would the like to know if you can send me a copy of the freeware also. so that I can get the hook-up so I can get a good hit. do you work with any other kind of systems that wiill get a hit please let me know. This is Lotto Lynn

United States
        Member #62164
        June 19, 2008
        1217 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2009, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

I devoted my time today to making it easier to use so you dont have to register the OCX's manually.  But tomorrow I will look at all of the other suggestions.

Thanks again,

Prov1x

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2009, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

When you click on the Exe file, it right away tries to connect to your AngelFire site, when you don't let it, does it. nothing else happens, that is how far I got with it, since I don't let it connect to your site, it does not do anything, you didn't say anything about your program having to connect to your site before it does anything else, why does it want to connect to your site?

Those without a good firewall won't even notice what the program is doing.

United States
            Member #62164
            June 19, 2008
            1217 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2009, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

When you click on the Exe file, it right away tries to connect to your AngelFire site, when you don't let it, does it. nothing else happens, that is how far I got with it, since I don't let it connect to your site, it does not do anything, you didn't say anything about your program having to connect to your site before it does anything else, why does it want to connect to your site?

Those without a good firewall won't even notice what the program is doing.

That would be due to the fact that it a) checks for updates and b) I have the option of disabling it or not.

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2009, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Well, Rex thanks a lot, but I don't need that program.

United States
                Member #62164
                June 19, 2008
                1217 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2009, 11:38 am - IP Logged

*Update* Changed look of program, added a few states and added WHEELING to it.

USA
                  United States
                  Member #58396
                  February 13, 2008
                  316 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2009, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Prov1x, When I try to open the old program you sent me I get invalid or corrupt file.  What would be causing that? Appreciate

any help you can give me.  Thanks

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23352 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2009, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Please fix your country on your profile.  It says Africa right now.  One of the only rules about joining Lottery Post is that you must provide your real country.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: January 27, 2009, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Now Rex, Are you not trying to build a program that in the near future can be sold?

So you want to know, What people would like to have in such a program, so they would like to have it later?

If so, instead of that connection thing so you can at a later date terminate the "freeware trial" you could either first build a "lite" freeware version, or a time restricted version", as it is nobody but you knows for sure what the program is seeing in the hard drive and or sending to you and or putting in the hard drive from elsewhere, I believe that it is as you say and you just will at a later date terminate the use of such program, maybe if and or when you are ready to sell the commercial-shareware version.

Maybe I am completely wrong about these, or I might be close, Am I?

There is no problem if you want to make a program to sell it later, just ask people what they would like to have on such a program, but don't make them believe that it will be a permanent freeware, unless I am wrong and it really will be, but if so then don't have the program "calling home" when it is first opened-up" if later people want to check for updates, that could be an option, but as it is, the program won't do anything unless it connects to your site first, many others might not mind this, but I do, your program is freeware only for as long as you permit it, that might be the main reason for the connection thing.

United States
                        Member #62164
                        June 19, 2008
                        1217 Posts
                        Posted: January 27, 2009, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

First of all, no I dont have any plans on selling it.. That would be kind of pointless because everyone else knows how to do what it does.

You are thinking a little to much about what it does at startup.

1)  You double click program

2)  It opens up and searches my index.html file located on angelfire.

3)  If it says a certain thing on there then it opens, if not then it doesn't.

4)  Nothing is stored anywhere on the harddrive.

5)  The reason I added this feature into the program is so that I could have complete control over it?

6)  Will future releases of it include this?  I dont know?  It depends on where I decide to go with it.

7)  The reason I made this program was for ME, the only reason I posted it was incase there were other lazy people in the world who do not like writing a bunch of numbers down like me.

I am only here to help other people and I provide my program free.  While it is free, I also would like to have control over if its usable or not.  Most likely in the future it will not have this option because angelfire could go down at anytime and the program would be worthless... Even I wouldn't be able to use it unless I was on my personal computer where I could edit the code.

Thank you,

Prov1x

chicago illinois
                          United States
                          Member #1199
                          February 26, 2003
                          378 Posts
                          Posted: January 27, 2009, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

I tried to download from the site you sent me and the file after downloaded said no file or corrupt, and I was also wondering if you have tried pick 4.

United States
                            Member #62164
                            June 19, 2008
                            1217 Posts
                            Posted: January 27, 2009, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

I tried to download from the site you sent me and the file after downloaded said no file or corrupt, and I was also wondering if you have tried pick 4.

Yea, several people have had that problem for some odd reason.  You should try downloading it again and making sure you save it and not just hit open - also make sure it finishes downloading.

js1237's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
                              NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #3100
                              December 23, 2003
                              334 Posts
                              Posted: January 27, 2009, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Hi  Prov1x,

I would appreciate it, if you can send me the link...Thank You...JS..

"May The Numbers Be With Us All $$$$"....js1237....Sun Smiley