Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Oklahoma Cash 5 / Pick 3 - Best Approach?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 8 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #70142
January 25, 2009
8 Posts
Posted: January 28, 2009, 2:15 am - IP Logged

Hi all, I am new here. Found this site looking for a better way to "beat" Cash 5. Been playing the Cash 5 and Pick 3 for a long time because the odds are... well, attainable. I never really mess with multi-state games unless I feel very lucky or the jackpot gets really large as the odds are just too high IMHO.

Not having much luck though. For both Pick 3 and Cash 5, I have sets of numbers that I came up with that I play over and over again on multidraw tickets.

My Cash 5 Numbers:

01-03-11-17-31
01-04-09-21-29
03-04-11-17-20
01-07-08-12-30
01-09-13-21-26

I missed the Pick 3 today by a single number, which was frustrating. For Pick 3, I run the numbers both boxed and straight.

My Pick 3 Numbers:

8-2-6
4-0-9
6-2-9
7-5-9
5-9-1
0-4-7
5-8-3
7-5-9
2-1-6
3-6-2

When I do play Powerball, I do something kinda stupid that I am sure everyone will think insane. My birthday is 12-30-1981, so I key 01-08-12-19-30 over PB 1 thru 39. If it ever did hit, I am sure that officals at the lottery office would fall out of thier chairs (as would the retailer who sold the ticket) as I would hit the jackpot plus the five-ball prize 38 times. When the PB heads up north of $150 million, I often buy between $1K and $5K in quick picks as well as my dumb little birthday thing. Usually I dont spend more than $1K on a drawing unless its north of $250 million, then I start jucing it. I am ashamed to say that I bought $11K worth of QPs back when it was up over $300 million a few years ago. I did have alot of tickets that won smaller amounts, unfortantly not nearly enough to pay for all the tickets. I took a lottery vacation for about a year after that, I got kind of upset with myself.

Are there any syndicates that attack the smaller games that I could buy into? It seems like the power of buying a large spread could really go to work for a small syndicate operating on Cash 5. In any event, I am sure there has to be a more sound way to attack these three games and put the odds more in my favor using smarter keys, etc. I would like to spend more per drawing on Cash 5, but have not been able to find a way to attack it that I like enough to commit the extra cash.

Anyone willing to share some tips with a newbie?

United States
    Member #70142
    January 25, 2009
    8 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2009, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Aw come on, I may be new but I don't bite! Hyper

Scott311's avatar - 311 logo01.jpg
      N.C.
      United States
      Member #59229
      March 9, 2008
      327 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2009, 6:20 am - IP Logged

You bought $11,000 in QP's for one drawing? Only Todd has that kind of moneyWink

United States
        Member #68002
        December 10, 2008
        477 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2009, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

You should never spend that kind of money on any lottery game I know people that have won jackpots spending only $50-$100 in the daily games and some of the jackpot games using systems or software,I personally hit the Cash 3 5 times over a period of time spending $10-$15 using lottery software. 

United States
          Member #37109
          April 10, 2006
          57 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2009, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

If you have that kind of money to spend on lottery you should not be playing. 

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
            Connecticut
            United States
            Member #61623
            May 29, 2008
            20581 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2009, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

Anything involving these base numbers for cash 5(5/31 thru 5/39games) are an excellent wager in my opinion in the long haul

1-3-7-10-11-13 17 21 23 27 31 35   ..or an optional 32 or 33

good luck to you...stick with those numbers!!

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

United States
              Member #70142
              January 25, 2009
              8 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2009, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

You bought $11,000 in QP's for one drawing? Only Todd has that kind of moneyWink

The jackpot WAS $320 million or something to that effect. Risk v. Reward. I made the decison to blow the whole budget for the year one one drawing.

United States
                Member #70142
                January 25, 2009
                8 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2009, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

If you have that kind of money to spend on lottery you should not be playing. 

I would just spend it at the race tack if I didnt spend it on the lottery.

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: February 3, 2009, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

You would've won your own lottery had you saved all that money you spent on tickets. I don't believe in "bigger is better" i.e. the more you spend the better chance you have at winning. Even buying 11,000 tickets wouldn't get you anywhere near the first prize considering the odds. Better to place smaller bets but have a better strategy. Try checking my Pick 5/6 strings threads and see if that could help get you in the ballpark! Thumbs Up

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/135538

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/138789

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/137366

United States
                    Member #70142
                    January 25, 2009
                    8 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2009, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Well, I do know #1 and #3 come up ALOT. Its almost uncanny.

Would you wheel or key those numbers? Or just mix them in with other stuff?

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                      Dallas, TX
                      United States
                      Member #60284
                      April 12, 2008
                      3856 Posts
                      Posted: February 3, 2009, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

The only time I consider playing that much is when I know 95% sure that the winning combination is within the range I want to cover. If I don't win the jackpot, it should win enough to break even, otherwise I don't play that high.

Save up your money and read up all the info on LP about pick 5 games, there are different workout for individual states, perhaps it will work in your state but would need back testings, tracking to see.

I am currently working on GA Fantasy 5, and have discovered its "normal rhythm" which if I stick with in the long run I have a shot at the jackpot, and many small wins. Only testing it with 10 lines, if I have a 1,000 lines there will be many 4 of 5 numbers to break even. In order to cook up 1,000 special lines or more it will take 12 hours, and lots of energy drinks. But I am not that extreme. If you can get hits within 10 lines, you can duplicate the system to get more hits in 1,000+ lines when the right time comes, you'll have a shot at the jackpot 1 in 20.

Anyway, welcome to LP, start soaking up and if you have questions ask, people are friendly here.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: February 4, 2009, 5:02 am - IP Logged

@KeithK: Three questions --

1) How long does it take to fill out 1k selections? That's a healthy stack of betting slips, here.

2) How long does it take the terminal to print out 1K tickets?

3) Which pick5 game?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: February 4, 2009, 5:32 am - IP Logged

@KeithK: Three questions --

1) How long does it take to fill out 1k selections? That's a healthy stack of betting slips, here.

2) How long does it take the terminal to print out 1K tickets?

3) Which pick5 game?

Heh, thread title - Oklahoma. Crazy LOL

That leaves me with just the first two questions, then.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                            Member #70142
                            January 25, 2009
                            8 Posts
                            Posted: February 6, 2009, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Well, they were Quickpicks, so I did not use bet slips. It does not take too long for the machine to print them (takes longer for the clerk to count them and make sure they didnt give me too many or not enough... 5 QPs per sheet, terminal uses thermal paper and cranks them out as fast as they can punch the buttons), though I dont know the exact amount of time as I never stand there while they do it. I get them done at one of two retailers... I call the manager and tell them what I want and they call when they are ready to pick up. One store insists that I pay in cash, the other lets me write a personal check.

There is only Cash 5 in Oklahoma.

United States
                              Member #70142
                              January 25, 2009
                              8 Posts
                              Posted: February 6, 2009, 1:10 am - IP Logged

The only time I consider playing that much is when I know 95% sure that the winning combination is within the range I want to cover. If I don't win the jackpot, it should win enough to break even, otherwise I don't play that high.

Save up your money and read up all the info on LP about pick 5 games, there are different workout for individual states, perhaps it will work in your state but would need back testings, tracking to see.

I am currently working on GA Fantasy 5, and have discovered its "normal rhythm" which if I stick with in the long run I have a shot at the jackpot, and many small wins. Only testing it with 10 lines, if I have a 1,000 lines there will be many 4 of 5 numbers to break even. In order to cook up 1,000 special lines or more it will take 12 hours, and lots of energy drinks. But I am not that extreme. If you can get hits within 10 lines, you can duplicate the system to get more hits in 1,000+ lines when the right time comes, you'll have a shot at the jackpot 1 in 20.

Anyway, welcome to LP, start soaking up and if you have questions ask, people are friendly here.

I dont seem to be finding a whole lot of OK-specific things. The thing with Cash 5 is its only a $25K fixed jackpot (taxes paid) and it seems like the odds (1:376,992) are disproportinatly high to the jackpot amount, so I am not willing to hit this game like I do PB even if it was likely to be profitable for such a low payoff.  Some states have Pick 5 games that offer much better payoffs at comparable odds, or at least they used to according to my memory. One would have to come up with a significant statisitcal advantage in order to beat this thing over the long haul. You figure that with the way they have the thing setup now, they plan to sell $15.07 worth of losing tickets for every $1 in jackpot paid out.

Along those same lines, it seems like money would be better spent trying to hit the Pick 3 (perhaps buying multiple identical tickets) to make it worth dealing with, where you have a 1:1000 chance of winning $500 betting straight. Or, in other words, they plan to sell $1 in losers for every $1 in jackpot. Could even, for that matter, play only front or back pairs at comparable odds.

Speaking of the Daily 3.... something odd happened the other day. We drew 0-0-0. How crazy is that? Moreover, how crazy are the 27 people who bet that straight.

The really annoying thing about Pick 3 in Oklahoma is they put every single wager on a seperate slip of paper, which makes checking stuff over a real pain in the backside. There is no way to get them to print five to a slip like the other games. Really annoying.