Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TN players beware...

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Tnplayer805.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2009, 1:10 am - IP Logged

A new $20 scratch off is coming...  Millionaire Club or whatever...  Just log on to the website and I'm sure you'll see more than enough about it.  I've not been impressed with TN's $20 scratch offs thus far.  Now, I do like the top prize (likely annuity); however, TN's odds for $20 scratch offs have been HORRIBLE.  Some $5 tickets have been odds of winning that the $20.  (i.e Sapphire Blue 7's $5 has overall odds of 1:3.07 whereas winter "loser" land had 1:3.25)  Again, remember, millions of tickets are printed...  Not good. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

North Dakota
    United States
    Member #13397
    April 5, 2005
    1623 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2009, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Well, I must say I am a bit surprised.  The Millionaire Club instant ticket has odds of 1:2.98.  The best odds for any instant game right now...  A lot better than the other $20 ticket.  I have to say, I might have been wrong to judge this game before being released.  Good luck if you plan on playing!!!  The top prize is impressive; however, expect annuity if you hit the Jackpot...

Knoxville, Tn.
      United States
      Member #69636
      January 13, 2009
      299 Posts
      Posted: February 3, 2009, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Already a 1000 and 10,000 winner at the lottery HQ in Knoxville this afternoon!!!!!  2/3 on the new 20 ticket.

TotallyDavis's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
        North Charleston, SC
        United States
        Member #69214
        January 6, 2009
        45 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2009, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Ummm....you do realize that the 'odds' you quote have nothing to do with how valuable a ticket is, right?

A ticket might win more often than another, but have a worse overall return.

Think about this: If there was a million ticket run of a scratch off ticket, and the top prize was $1 million dollars, but that was the only prize, would that be fair?

Oh you bet it would!  That would mean that your total expected return is 100%!  (if you bought all the tickets, you would at least make back your money).

But the odds on that would be 1:1,000,000.

So you can't go based on the odds.  You have to figure out the rate of return for a ticket.

A ticket with 1:4.05 odds might actually be a better ticket than one with 1:3.35 odds or even 1:2.98 odds.

Those just show you how often you'll win a prize, not how valuable a prize will be.

Halle99's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          United States
          United States
          Member #68252
          December 16, 2008
          168 Posts
          Posted: February 3, 2009, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Already a 1000 and 10,000 winner at the lottery HQ in Knoxville this afternoon!!!!!  2/3 on the new 20 ticket.

Wow, I better send money to my Sister and ask her to buy me some.

I am not a fan of scratchers but who knows???

Lurking

Knoxville, Tn.
            United States
            Member #69636
            January 13, 2009
            299 Posts
            Posted: February 3, 2009, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Wow, I better send money to my Sister and ask her to buy me some.

I am not a fan of scratchers but who knows???

Lurking

Buying some tomorrow my store didn't get them when I stopped today, your right who knows????   Can't win unless you try!!!!!

North Dakota
              United States
              Member #13397
              April 5, 2005
              1623 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2009, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Ummm....you do realize that the 'odds' you quote have nothing to do with how valuable a ticket is, right?

A ticket might win more often than another, but have a worse overall return.

Think about this: If there was a million ticket run of a scratch off ticket, and the top prize was $1 million dollars, but that was the only prize, would that be fair?

Oh you bet it would!  That would mean that your total expected return is 100%!  (if you bought all the tickets, you would at least make back your money).

But the odds on that would be 1:1,000,000.

So you can't go based on the odds.  You have to figure out the rate of return for a ticket.

A ticket with 1:4.05 odds might actually be a better ticket than one with 1:3.35 odds or even 1:2.98 odds.

Those just show you how often you'll win a prize, not how valuable a prize will be.

I look at Instant Tickets based on odds BECAUSE the better chance you have at winning SOMETHING is a lot better than nothing.  Researching prize payouts...  Typically, the states with the worst odds and lowest top prizes have the LOWEST payout for that ticket. (Reason why I have been complaining about TN's past $20 tickets)  Also, most people think...  Overall odds aren't that different.  (i.e 1:2.98 vs 1:3.5 is roughly a half a ticket right?  WRONG!!!  Since it is overall odds it considers all (MILLIONS) of tickets printed for that game.  One-half a ticket really translates into thousands.) 

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
                Member #38687
                May 3, 2006
                315 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2009, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

yeeeeeah .......i don't have too much trust in the Tennessee Lottery right now. I think I will just wait for about a week before buying any of those tkts.

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

Knoxville, Tn.
                  United States
                  Member #69636
                  January 13, 2009
                  299 Posts
                  Posted: February 3, 2009, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

yeeeeeah .......i don't have too much trust in the Tennessee Lottery right now. I think I will just wait for about a week before buying any of those tkts.

Alot of people feel the sameway you do about Tn lottery, I'm a big pick 3 player and right now I have no faith in the way the game is being played, alot of stuff that makes you think it's just not right.

United States
                    Member #60337
                    April 14, 2008
                    153 Posts
                    Posted: February 4, 2009, 1:19 am - IP Logged

WELL I BOUGHT 6 OF THE NEW SCRATCH OFF AT 120.00 AND HIT 20.00   SO THE H%%LL WITH THEM...THATS TENNESSEE FOR YA....I PROMISED MY FRIEND I WOULDNT BUY ANOTHER ONE AND I DONT BRAKE PROMISES.....GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL THAT BUYS THEM,,,CHERYL

United States
                      Member #62741
                      July 7, 2008
                      601 Posts
                      Posted: February 4, 2009, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

cher,

its copper2...... so u tried playing TNS new moneymaker. thats bad that you spent 120 and won 20.....the evil  purple and yellow empire continues.wish u had hit something big! if someone buys a 20.00 ticket there should be something...even a free ticket . come on RPAULLUTION Stop ripping the players off !   Please leave for Arkansas....now C2

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                        Member #48046
                        December 7, 2006
                        1699 Posts
                        Posted: February 4, 2009, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Did anyone notice that Lotto-Plus was won again last night?

United States
                          Member #62741
                          July 7, 2008
                          601 Posts
                          Posted: February 4, 2009, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Did anyone notice that Lotto-Plus was won again last night?

Impressive the evil purple and yellow actually had to have someone hit the jack ...they cant afford to let the jp get too high....so they dropped it......C2

North Dakota
                            United States
                            Member #13397
                            April 5, 2005
                            1623 Posts
                            Posted: February 4, 2009, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry...  I'm not really understanding your logic here...  Please explain.   

They couldn't let the jackpot get high?  So they dropped it?

North Dakota
                              United States
                              Member #13397
                              April 5, 2005
                              1623 Posts
                              Posted: February 4, 2009, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

cher,

its copper2...... so u tried playing TNS new moneymaker. thats bad that you spent 120 and won 20.....the evil  purple and yellow empire continues.wish u had hit something big! if someone buys a 20.00 ticket there should be something...even a free ticket . come on RPAULLUTION Stop ripping the players off !   Please leave for Arkansas....now C2

What game(s) are you playing?  Last time I checked the Lottery was agame of chance. There are winners and losers.  Not every ticket canwin.  If all were winners there wouldn't be a game.