Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LottoWiki

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 8 years ago by MillionsWanted.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Phoenix, AZ
United States
Member #70984
February 16, 2009
21 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2009, 12:10 am - IP Logged

I want to create and promote a "Wiki" of every lottery system/strategy ever devised. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might go about doing that?

DMW

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
    Member #45970
    September 1, 2006
    4763 Posts
    Posted: February 16, 2009, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Sorry, I don't have any ideas, but it does sound like a great idea!!

Pogo's avatar - wfl
      NC
      United States
      Member #29378
      January 1, 2006
      552 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2009, 2:01 am - IP Logged

Sorry, I don't have any ideas, but it does sound like a great idea!!

A great idea in deed... Pogo

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3103 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2009, 2:56 am - IP Logged

I want to create and promote a "Wiki" of every lottery system/strategy ever devised. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might go about doing that?

DMW

Sounds like you are planning to violate copyright and intellectual property rights of lottery authors as well as those of this website, my website and others.   You can't just take stuff from here, it doesn't belong to you if you didn't write it or host it.

Even if it were legal, you would have to aquire, beg, borrow, buy every lottery system/strategy ever devised.   I've been collecting this stuff for 25 years and have only a costly fraction. 

Even if you made a Wiki or Wikipedia page for lottery systems that the moderators didn't delete instantly they not being true believers, you could only link to systems online, ebay, amazon, whereas many systems are only for sale in book or software format.

Besides most systems don't work, like collecting obsolete medical books.

BobP

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
          Kunming
          China
          Member #57910
          January 23, 2008
          3626 Posts
          Posted: February 16, 2009, 3:17 am - IP Logged

Sounds like you are planning to violate copyright and intellectual property rights of lottery authors as well as those of this website, my website and others.   You can't just take stuff from here, it doesn't belong to you if you didn't write it or host it.

Even if it were legal, you would have to aquire, beg, borrow, buy every lottery system/strategy ever devised.   I've been collecting this stuff for 25 years and have only a costly fraction. 

Even if you made a Wiki or Wikipedia page for lottery systems that the moderators didn't delete instantly they not being true believers, you could only link to systems online, ebay, amazon, whereas many systems are only for sale in book or software format.

BobP

I agree. I think it's a bad idea all around. No No

Play to win!

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: February 16, 2009, 5:08 am - IP Logged

DMW

Most ideas might be trash, Why document them? Maybe so people will know, What not to try?

Somebody already did just that, I don't remember the name of the site.

And sells the stuff.

Probably got most of the stuff from the Lottery Post.

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7712 Posts
              Posted: February 16, 2009, 11:23 am - IP Logged

BobP

I Agree!    wholeheartedly! 

Stealing is stealing, whether it's diamonds or a lottery system. I would be irate if anyone stole my copyrighted systems!           

Phoenix, AZ
                United States
                Member #70984
                February 16, 2009
                21 Posts
                Posted: February 16, 2009, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

The whole "copyright/intelectual property rights violation" thing is my biggest concern. As a "Wiki," my site would be editable by anyone. Hence, if you had your own system, you could put it in. No problem there. If you knew of a system that is so common that no one knows who started it, there still wouldn't be much of a problem (if any) in putting it on my site.

But, suppose your source is copyrighted material. If you sumarized it in your own words, you could claim "fair use." I'm not sure how well that will go over with the courts when the author of the system sues me, but it is still a posibility. Perhaps a system should be devised that eliminates such a problem. The question is, how?

Lastly, as a collection of systems/strategies, my site would be just that... a collection. If I had one of each type of rock that a person might use to landscape their front yard, each rock would be almost entirely without value... however, the collection would be useful in showing people what is available. Same goes for my site... once I figure out how to get it started.

DMW

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: February 16, 2009, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

DMV774,

If you did this Wiki, it wouldn't surprise me to see some of it appear in a Steve Player catalog. Just a heads up.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                    Dallas, TX
                    United States
                    Member #60284
                    April 12, 2008
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: February 16, 2009, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

What I am interested in is a site devoted to lotto systems that people can buy in ebook form, or software with a click of a button. To know if it is effective there is a rating chart, and review of the system by the previous customers. Like there are many sites that sells stuff for you, they host it, deal with transactions, and you pay them a small fee like ebay but it's all about lottery play. This way the author can make profits from their hardwork! Also a package purchase to get their predictions, monthly for few bucks per customers, automatically sent to the customer's email, phone, or snail mail style.

That would be more suitable, helps everyone.

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                      NC
                      United States
                      Member #29378
                      January 1, 2006
                      552 Posts
                      Posted: February 16, 2009, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

BobP

I thought it sounded like a good idea, but as Bob points out - you certainly have to dot all your i's and cross all your t's or else some folks are going to get very upset and maybe try to sue you regarding a copyright infringement or worse... All excellent points Bob - Good Luck All, Pogo

Phoenix, AZ
                        United States
                        Member #70984
                        February 16, 2009
                        21 Posts
                        Posted: February 16, 2009, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I have been giving my idea some thought. Even if I did manage to use "fair use" sucessfully, there would still be plenty of angry people. Since I can't ask people to prove that they are not using copyrighted material (it is rather difficult to prove a negative), I have a new idea...

I want to compile a list of all the freely available systems/strategies. Proof that a given system/strategy is "freely available" will be in the form of a link to the source. That way, copyrighted material will be less likely to come up, and those who come up with their own ideas will still be given proper credit.

So... I ask, once again... how do I go about making/promoting such a site?

DMW

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                          Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: February 16, 2009, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I have been giving my idea some thought. Even if I did manage to use "fair use" sucessfully, there would still be plenty of angry people. Since I can't ask people to prove that they are not using copyrighted material (it is rather difficult to prove a negative), I have a new idea...

I want to compile a list of all the freely available systems/strategies. Proof that a given system/strategy is "freely available" will be in the form of a link to the source. That way, copyrighted material will be less likely to come up, and those who come up with their own ideas will still be given proper credit.

So... I ask, once again... how do I go about making/promoting such a site?

DMW

You can give the name and a short (More or less) description of a system and then show a link to where the system comes from, there should be no problem with that, but even if a system is free, the person might not want his system posted elsewhere other than at the place where he himself posted it at.

But as I said, you can post the system's name and give a short description of it and then show or tell or post a link to where the system is at, if it is in a book, give the name of the book, if it is on a site, give the name of the site.

If it is sold by somebody give the name of the source or of he or she who sells it or from where it is sold at.

If the source of the system does not care, then do as you want to.

As to, How to build your site?, Somebody else will have to help you with that.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3103 Posts
                            Posted: February 17, 2009, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Here's the problem.  I can sum up a $50. system by saying, "Play only odd or only even numbers."  The author gave this system a name,  tells how to track to know which to play and provides dozens of wheels to use . . . but sales depend on the mystery of customers not having any idea what the system consists of. 

Would you buy a system once you knew it was built around playing only odd or even numbers?   Without the context it sounds like a nothing idea yet it has its fans. 

Sad to say it's almost impossible to review a lottery system without giving it away.   The only positive votes will be from happy customers who won. 

We once tried to hold a lottery software prediction contest, only one author wanted to enter.   The risk of looking bad outweighted the chance of looking good.   

Besides, how does one test a lottery software?  At the defaults?  All the possible settings?  Against every game?  It's easier to win the lottery.

We chase wins all the time, have to put salt on its tail to catch it. 

BobP

United Kingdom
                              Member #70630
                              February 7, 2009
                              734 Posts
                              Posted: February 17, 2009, 4:40 am - IP Logged

You can give the name and a short (More or less) description of a system and then show a link to where the system comes from, there should be no problem with that, but even if a system is free, the person might not want his system posted elsewhere other than at the place where he himself posted it at.

But as I said, you can post the system's name and give a short description of it and then show or tell or post a link to where the system is at, if it is in a book, give the name of the book, if it is on a site, give the name of the site.

If it is sold by somebody give the name of the source or of he or she who sells it or from where it is sold at.

If the source of the system does not care, then do as you want to.

As to, How to build your site?, Somebody else will have to help you with that.

Very considerate answers my friend if a system was released someone is sure to step in and take everything you have been working on and ruin it, even disbarred from sites I agree it is not as simple as people think it is, simply because of the greed of people, human nature I think it's called.

billybouy..