Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What not to do?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by SmoothJuice.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
Member #91
January 19, 2002
12006 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2009, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

If I'm not mistaken they did say it belonged to a past Hoosier Lotto winner....maybe some research is in order. 

www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=9879907

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
    Member #62164
    June 19, 2008
    1217 Posts
    Posted: February 23, 2009, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

If I'm not mistaken they did say it belonged to a past Hoosier Lotto winner....maybe some research is in order. 

www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=9879907

Something to look forward to.......

A crew from the Discovery Channel will be there too. They're working on a series on lottery players who win big and go bust.

United States
      Member #54390
      August 17, 2007
      313 Posts
      Posted: February 23, 2009, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

The act of buying this stuff by itself is not necessarily irresponsible. People was just as much or more money on sport cars.

The fact that the person could not afford to keep it on the other hand, displays that they might have been overspending.

On the other hand, with the way the market has gone you really do not know. This person might have thought they had a safe nestegg, and now their stock holding have been split in half, and their dividends to almost nothing. Now, they are selling their stuff and maybe even their house to move to a smaller place and live out their life at more modest standards.

We really do not know.

There's a such thing as irresponsible purchases. Things you really really don't need.   What kind of idiot would buy all of that models?

Who am I to judge? I guess I'm complaining because I am a minimalist when it comes to room design; I like my space.