Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Post Site Update (Feb. 25, 2009)

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23345 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2009, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

A quick follow-up on some additional bug fixes just posted.  In addition to the fixed bug posted previously this evening, I have just finished uploading another set of fixes.  (It is common after a big release like last night to find a few straggling bugs when the code is put into production.)

• The login page no longer warns about non-secure content
  • Certain pages contained an extra HTML element that was not visible to users but could throw a browser warning message
  • Locked topic threads once again state "locked" (this was missing for the past 24 hours)
  • All pages are now capable of displaying a warning message if JavaScript is disabled

Also, just wanted to say "THANKS!" to those who have posted nice comments today.  They are much-appreciated! Smile

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Kola's avatar - image
    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
    Member #28945
    December 25, 2005
    1532 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2009, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

...very much appreciated Todd - Thanks.

Our 2nd class in Pick 3 Lore was Space-Timing The Next Draw and we found the Lottery LoreKeeper, Tatiana, staring through her telescope, while we covertly giggled about what does Planet X have to do with what my next draw is? The sleuthy sage quietly intoned, "It is known that when the light(information) from such a distant object reaches our eyes, we are seeing the object as it was in the past & not as it appears Now in the present. Isn't this true for all things, especially numbers, that were drawn years, months, weeks or even just a day in the past? To accurately find the next draw, use the Law of Now(Tatiana's Pillar)". We never giggled again.

Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23345 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2009, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Wanted to post one more follow-up on this thread.

I have hopefully fixed the bug that many IUE users were seeing — the page would occasionally throw a severe JavaScript error in IE and then show a blank page, forcing you to click Back, then Refresh.  Hopefully it has been eliminated.

A few other fixes were implemented:

• Fixed the state lottery results pages, which would show blank jackpots in IE6
      • Added Share/Bookmark button to news stories, allowing instant sharing of news stories to practically every major social network site
      • Fixed some png-style images in IE6 to include the correct transparent background
      • Miscellaneous minor improvements in efficiency/performance.

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
        MICHIGAN
        United States
        Member #65282
        September 22, 2008
        2006 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2009, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I have notice some of the new changes.  Awesome, Thank You for all

effort that u have put into LP.  I think its a great site, I have been

spreading the word around MICHIGAN.  You should b very proud of

yourself.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20228 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2009, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Wanted to post one more follow-up on this thread.

I have hopefully fixed the bug that many IUE users were seeing — the page would occasionally throw a severe JavaScript error in IE and then show a blank page, forcing you to click Back, then Refresh.  Hopefully it has been eliminated.

A few other fixes were implemented:

• Fixed the state lottery results pages, which would show blank jackpots in IE6
          • Added Share/Bookmark button to news stories, allowing instant sharing of news stories to practically every major social network site
          • Fixed some png-style images in IE6 to include the correct transparent background
          • Miscellaneous minor improvements in efficiency/performance.

Seems as though your updates are working well Todd, It has also cleared up what I had pm'd you about earlier with other issues. Thanks for all the dedication and time.....!       

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23345 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2009, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

@charmed7:  Thank you very much for the word-of-mouth!  Since Lottery Post does not have an advertisement budget to speak of, that kind of "advertising" is so important and appreciated.

@MADDOG10:  Awesome, I'm glad to hear it helped.  Sorry about the length of time where it was a little rough.  I am trying to balance a number of technologies in each page, and it can be a very hairy thing to get it "just right".