Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question to single men and women on the forums.

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 8 years ago by DC81.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #54390
August 17, 2007
313 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2009, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

If you won the jackpot, would you get married? Not because of the jackpot.   I'd be pretty skeptical if I won the jackpot.  People are two-faced when money is shown.  I've heard numerous horror stories where people are having a successful and loving marriage; when money is shoved in their faces, they become two-faced.   I'd be scared.  Don't try to act innocent, money changes everyones' behavior.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
    Clarksville
    United States
    Member #487
    July 15, 2002
    17638 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2009, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Whatever was going on BEFORE they got the money will just seem like it is magnified.  A person should know the person they marry. if one of them wants out, they wanted out anyway...the money just gave them more of an incentive to get out.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

United States
      Member #54390
      August 17, 2007
      313 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2009, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Whatever was going on BEFORE they got the money will just seem like it is magnified.  A person should know the person they marry. if one of them wants out, they wanted out anyway...the money just gave them more of an incentive to get out.

It doesn't matter if they got married BEFORE they got the money.  Like I said, money make people two-faced.  This is why I'm skeptical.

Georgia
        United States
        Member #70329
        January 30, 2009
        171 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2009, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

I think sometimes, it not the money. I think everyone just wants to be loved.Wink

DC81's avatar - batman39
          MI
          United States
          Member #54830
          August 31, 2007
          985 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2009, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Married? No thanks, I have zero interest in getting married now or after winning a jackpot and if for some reason I were to, which I won't, there certainly would be a prenuptial agreement signed before hand and if they don't like it, oh well. But again, I wouldn't get married so it wouldn't matter. If I met someone after winning I wouldn't tell that person anything about where my money came from anything other than my self employment, even if I'm my own, only client. I certainly wouldn't be flaunting my money about, that just attracts the wrong type of people in general. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't have nice things or look well off though though. I just wouldn't go about it like a fool as certain lotto losers have splurging on a bunch of crap with the only purpose being because I can buy it, if it's something I wasn't interested in before, it won't be something I'm interested in after and no one is going to change that or drag me into things I'm clueless about.

I also believe it's also about perception and the image you put out there that will attract unsavory types and gold diggers. It's about selling an image, if you put out there they you've got things together and are also wealthy I'd imagine that certain others won't try as often to rip you off or whatever, but if you look like an unsure sap straight out of the Beverly Hillbillies who came into a lot of money and is now rich, well then you're screwed.

You can't predict random.

takeitez's avatar - japheth
            Carters Lake, Ga.
            United States
            Member #5313
            June 29, 2004
            1065 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2009, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I have never been a good husband,

but I have known some mighty fine wives.

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
              Nova Scotia
              Canada
              Member #9934
              December 27, 2004
              891 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2009, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

No I have no reason for marriage, I want to travel, and the money would give me the ability to finally do it.. Right now all I can do is dream of travelling.. Plus paying off the bills...

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3114 Posts
                Posted: March 1, 2009, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

You win big and buy a fancy house, big yacht, fast car, private jet, marry a trophy wife. 

The house burns down, the boat sinks, the car is stolen, the jet crashes and the wife divorces you and gets the money.

The lesson is never to buy what you can lease.  BobP

DC81's avatar - batman39
                  MI
                  United States
                  Member #54830
                  August 31, 2007
                  985 Posts
                  Posted: March 1, 2009, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

In that case one would hope for some good insurance and a good divorce lawyer. Big Smile

You can't predict random.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                    Member #52345
                    May 21, 2007
                    2680 Posts
                    Posted: March 1, 2009, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

LOL ..... chit on marriage .... best hide in the virtual hills and STAY OUT OF THEM BARS!!!

best way to stay out of trouble is not to invite it

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                      Member #13130
                      March 30, 2005
                      2171 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2009, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

If you won the jackpot, would you get married? Not because of the jackpot.   I'd be pretty skeptical if I won the jackpot.  People are two-faced when money is shown.  I've heard numerous horror stories where people are having a successful and loving marriage; when money is shoved in their faces, they become two-faced.   I'd be scared.  Don't try to act innocent, money changes everyones' behavior.

There are plenty of miserable marriages among poor people, too.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Entertaiment Capital
                        United States
                        Member #37800
                        April 19, 2006
                        302 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2009, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

I am the eldest of the entire clan. Marriage is my duty. I just hope that I would meet a nice girl who would not drain my lottery prize.

Let's be realistic. Solid finance is a crucial element for a healthy marriage. Love itself won't pay the electrical bills or medical insurance.

Still, having your future spouse owning tens of millions dollars in the bank account will be overwhelming. You will be easily succumbed into the life of excess.

That's why winners who are single should find spouses with good discipline.

United States
                          Member #54390
                          August 17, 2007
                          313 Posts
                          Posted: March 1, 2009, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I am the eldest of the entire clan. Marriage is my duty. I just hope that I would meet a nice girl who would not drain my lottery prize.

Let's be realistic. Solid finance is a crucial element for a healthy marriage. Love itself won't pay the electrical bills or medical insurance.

Still, having your future spouse owning tens of millions dollars in the bank account will be overwhelming. You will be easily succumbed into the life of excess.

That's why winners who are single should find spouses with good discipline.

Are you Korean? When I went to Korea to teach English, I recall a couple of my Korean friends telling me that it's a Korean tradition for the eldest sons to take care of the parents and continue the family by getting married and having kids.   Geez, seems like the oldest son get screwed!

Long Island, NY
                            United States
                            Member #57412
                            January 3, 2008
                            419 Posts
                            Posted: March 1, 2009, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I would get married "again" but this time, have much, much better legal pre-nuptual agreement drafted.

To protect both of us.

Hey?  Whats with the little green dressed figure in my avitar?  Did I miss some announcement?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: March 2, 2009, 12:08 am - IP Logged

No I have no reason for marriage, I want to travel, and the money would give me the ability to finally do it.. Right now all I can do is dream of travelling.. Plus paying off the bills...

I also have no desire to get married at this point. In the future, maybe, but if I were to win in the near future, marriage will not be on the menu for me.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."