Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question to single men and women on the forums.

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 8 years ago by DC81.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2009, 12:09 am - IP Logged

I would get married "again" but this time, have much, much better legal pre-nuptual agreement drafted.

To protect both of us.

Hey?  Whats with the little green dressed figure in my avitar?  Did I miss some announcement?

Those are the new default avatars that Todd has made. People who chose not to upload their own avatars or use one from the gallery, get these.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

ArtVandalay's avatar - 3237774708 dd3351ee2c_m.jpg
    Arizona
    United States
    Member #52803
    June 10, 2007
    88 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2009, 12:47 am - IP Logged

This post reminds me of a joke that is common among the guys that I know, all of who play the lottery.  And the joke goes something like this.  "If I won the lottery, the first thing that I would do is call my wife and tell her, pack your things, honey, I just won the lottery!  And my wife would respond, "That's great, honey, where are we going?"  And I would tell her, "I'm not going anywhere, but you've got to get the heck out!"

Money can't buy you happiness, but I sure could afford the misery that it brings! Wink

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
      Republic of Texas
      United States
      Member #57557
      January 9, 2008
      1095 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2009, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

As a divorced woman who has been lied to and cheated on....no. Not now. Not in the future. Regardless of before or after I win the jackpot.  I seem to have developed trust issues. I'll stick with my little dogs, my kittie cats, and my horses. There's enough love there, and from my kids and my friends, to keep me happy.

Gee Art, nice group you hang with....but I do vision a bunch of average Joes sitting around drinking beer or playing cards saying just this thing. And their average Janes upstairs giggling over how to do the same.  Life goes on.....

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
        Washington State
        United States
        Member #33973
        February 26, 2006
        347 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2009, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

As an elderly widow who was married to one man for 39 years, I have no particular desire to marry again, jackpot or not.  In the remote chance that I did, I'd definitely insist upon a prenuptial agreement.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2009, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Why are you only asking single men and women?  LOL   I mean, if you win $200 million you can afford to have 2 or 3 husbands.  Still, it's easier to just feed them and send them home.

Entertaiment Capital
            United States
            Member #37800
            April 19, 2006
            302 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2009, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Are you Korean? When I went to Korea to teach English, I recall a couple of my Korean friends telling me that it's a Korean tradition for the eldest sons to take care of the parents and continue the family by getting married and having kids.   Geez, seems like the oldest son get screwed!

I am. And I feel really anxious because I am getting my bachelor's degree at a state university at the age of 33. It's 10 years too late.

Well, since my parents plan to move to a senior housing, technically I don't have to support them under the same roof. But I still have to give them some allowances often. It will be nice if I win a few million dollars after tax, not to exceed 10 million dollars.

Come to think of it, I don't need $100 million dollars or more. Not even 20 million dollars after tax. Actually, I'd have trouble finding a reliable spouse if I have too much money. This is LA. I know that some models and actresses want to find...ahem, SPONSORS. And I don't want to be one. I want to find someone who can be mutually supportive, regardless of the race and ethnicity.

Actually I like girls with Northern European heritage. :)

ArtVandalay's avatar - 3237774708 dd3351ee2c_m.jpg
              Arizona
              United States
              Member #52803
              June 10, 2007
              88 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2009, 3:17 am - IP Logged

Well, I should mention that these are the guys that I work with and that I work in an entirely male environment.  I work at a Water Reclamation Facility.  Outside of work I don't "hang" with these guys.  I'm pretty much a loner.

I liken myself to Henry David Thoreau in that "I prefer my own company."  Don't get me wrong, I love humanity, but I'm just not fond of people.  ;-)

Money can't buy you happiness, but I sure could afford the misery that it brings! Wink

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2009, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

I've never been much of a "people person" especially with a group of people I don't know and have no interest in knowing. I very much prefer to keep to myself and feel little need to go out and meet new people. Of course if they find out you have millions and millions of dollars you won't have to go anywhere to meet them, they'll all come to you.

You can't predict random.