Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question to people who play Ohio Lottery?

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 8 years ago by SmoothJuice.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19825 Posts
Posted: March 12, 2009, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I play to win the jackpot too, but every time I've matched 4 for $70 I've felt good.  After the last drawing I checked the combinations I rejected and saw I missed a chance to match 4 a couple of times.  I rejected some combinations that were within the parameters I set for my program to pick, but I had a hunch they wouldn't win the jackpot so I rejected them.  I was right but winning $70 would have been nicer than the nothing I won with 22 lines.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #54390
    August 17, 2007
    313 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2009, 1:51 am - IP Logged

I play to win the jackpot too, but every time I've matched 4 for $70 I've felt good.  After the last drawing I checked the combinations I rejected and saw I missed a chance to match 4 a couple of times.  I rejected some combinations that were within the parameters I set for my program to pick, but I had a hunch they wouldn't win the jackpot so I rejected them.  I was right but winning $70 would have been nicer than the nothing I won with 22 lines.

I guess you're right.

I spent $53 dollars and only matched 3 numbers ($2).  Maybe my luck will be better next time.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: March 14, 2009, 6:08 am - IP Logged

I've been playing MegaMillions but after it was hit Tuesday night, Classic Lotto at $15M with better odds seem like a better deal so I played 20 lines and matched 3 and 4 for $72.  I'll be skipping MegaMillions this Friday and putting my money on CL again Saturday.

If the same deal existed in Michigan, I wouldn't drive up there to get tickets but then I live in mid Ohio about 70 miles south of Toledo.   I use to drive up to play BigGame before MegaMillions came to Ohio.

Looks like Classic Lotto at $16.2M will continue to have a bigger jackpot with better odds than MegaMillions for a couple of more drawings.

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #61296
        May 17, 2008
        187 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2009, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Rjoh-

Do u play $20 worth of lines for every jackpot gm? I would fill out betslips if i were u!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: March 14, 2009, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Rjoh-

Do u play $20 worth of lines for every jackpot gm? I would fill out betslips if i were u!

It depends on how I feel, the number of lines my program can create within the parameters I set and etc.  Since I pick my own combinations, I always make out play slips.

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #54390
            August 17, 2007
            313 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2009, 1:40 am - IP Logged

RJOh, Jackpot is now $17 million.  I'm prepared to head to Ohio this Friday.  Good luck to you and me.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: March 19, 2009, 3:23 am - IP Logged

With those two match 4 hits a week or two ago, I thought I was on track to do better than I did 10 years ago when I matched 5 for $1500 in the Super Lotto but I've been lucky to match 3 since then.  I plan to continue playing until it's won.  Good luck if you play.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #54390
                August 17, 2007
                313 Posts
                Posted: March 19, 2009, 3:48 am - IP Logged

With those two match 4 hits a week or two ago, I thought I was on track to do better than I did 10 years ago when I matched 5 for $1500 in the Super Lotto but I've been lucky to match 3 since then.  I plan to continue playing until it's won.  Good luck if you play.

I think you shouldn't be pessimistic.  MATCH 6 YO!!!  That's $404,000 for 30 years after taxes!!!!!!!  Oh the dreams!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2009, 5:16 am - IP Logged

I think you shouldn't be pessimistic.  MATCH 6 YO!!!  That's $404,000 for 30 years after taxes!!!!!!!  Oh the dreams!!!

Yes, the way Ohio figures the cash value of its Classic Lotto jackpot compared to how it's figured for the MegaMillion games does make its annuity payouts look more attractive than it would otherwise.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2009, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

The jackpots continue to grow so I'm playing Classic Lotto one more time before switching back to MegaMillions.  Now that MegaMillions has gone a couple of drawings without a win, it's looking better.

Besides, the best I've done lately with CL is a match 3 in 20 lines for $2.  The odds of a $2 win with MM are better.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: April 13, 2009, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot is still climbing, are you still making the road trips?

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #54390
                        August 17, 2007
                        313 Posts
                        Posted: April 13, 2009, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I'm planning another road trip soon.  Probably next week. The jackpot is ridiculous!

I have a feeling that I'm going to win and the road trip is going to be worth it.

United States
                          Member #73221
                          April 8, 2009
                          15 Posts
                          Posted: April 14, 2009, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I'm planning another road trip soon.  Probably next week. The jackpot is ridiculous!

I have a feeling that I'm going to win and the road trip is going to be worth it.

I had a similar feeling about Texas a month or so ago when two of their state games had unusually high jackpots, and made two drives to Texas (one specifically to buy tickets, which I knew was insane when I did it, the other in conjunction with a trip to a town close to the Texas border) and won zilch, alas.  I did have "that feeling" and would have regretted it and felt bad if I hadn't given it a good shot.  So I don't blame you for giving a good try.

In about a month, work will take me to Ohio for a few days, and I'm hoping that the streak of non-winning continues till then so I can buy some Ohio classic lotto tickets and win!  (no bad wishes for you specifically, you understand! Big Smile  )

Till then, I'll keep checking the Ohio Lottery webpage periodically and hoping!

United States
                            Member #54390
                            August 17, 2007
                            313 Posts
                            Posted: April 15, 2009, 2:10 am - IP Logged

I'm always playing Ohio and Indiana Lottery. I always ignore the Illinois lotto. 

When I visited Texas, I bought 2 mega millions and one of their other games ( you had to pick 3 numbers and a mega ball).  My suitcase got stolen and I never know if I won anything :(

United States
                              Member #54390
                              August 17, 2007
                              313 Posts
                              Posted: April 29, 2009, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Just bought some more. Good luck to both of us.