Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Warning about "Free Lottery" sites

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2009, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

exactly Pumpi,     Thats why Todd wants us to avoid those sites.

I't's  Free to exchange ideas on Lottery Post though.

Thanks Bottle Washer, Chief.

nothing is free...

this is my last post in this thread....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3102 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2009, 1:31 am - IP Logged

There are free lotto games and there are sites calling themselves that, but are something else. 

There is a free lotto forum where members rate these sites, I won't post the link here.   Suffice to say they are not all bad in the view of their regular players. 

Be aware, almost every business and charity sells their mailing (sucker) list.
    The list can be worth more then their donations/sales.   It doesn't matter whether you returned the item or the check bounced, the name remains on the list forever. 

The web is even worse then mail order, every old scam and con got new life.

Somehow they know when you buy something on amazon or ebay with paypal, the next day you get a slew of fake emails asking you to renew your account info.  All that should go right in the trash. 

The marketing strategy of the traditional free lottery game is to give free virtual lotto plays in return for viewing sponsors' ads.  They don't buy tickets.  Prizes vary.  For lower tier they are usually additional free plays, maybe $5 for 4 correct and $100 for 5 correct.  Jackpots can range from $500 to $5000 to $50,000 to a million. 

There is always a doubt whether the jackpot will ever be paid.  Some sites say they have insurance to guarantee the top prize.   Some sites in the small print want 40 years to pay, can't pay more then $5000 in some states, you're always advised to read the rules.   When WebMillion had an "unexpected" three million dollar winner they went out of business shortly there after. 

If you don't have much money and want to play lotto or more lotto then you can afford, this is a way.  Never give out any information that isn't already in the phone book. 

Same applies to entering contests and sweepstakes.

Don't believe emails saying you won anything including the free lottery you play in if you don't know how to read headers and only if you played those winning numbers.   YOU NEVER HAVE TO PAY TO COLLECT YOUR WINNINGS with any contest, lottery, or sweepstakes no matter how reasonable the explanation.   Never give out your account number so they can wire you the prize.  Never accept a check larger then what you are owed with the understanding you will send back the overage.  Never be rushed into anything, banks take weeks to fully clear checks no matter what the bank says.  The bank is loaning you your money from your account when they cash a check at the time you present it.  The bank will not let you off the hook if the check bounces and you sent half the money to the scammer even though they told you it was good.

There is always something new on the web like the site Todd just checked out.    Don't just leap in because it seems exciting . . .

BobP

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: March 8, 2009, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I have played free lotto sites in the past, and there must have been a few honset ones, because they all went bust. I did recieve 2x$100 checks form a canada site and when i claimed the 3rd one they went bust. this is over many years. all i can say is it was time wasted. i think it wass over a 3 year period i won $100, collecting at wins of 20c etc, so basically $100 a year for viewing internet ads, and also the net boom was on, so there was a lot of money around.  i must have had a list of referal links  a page long at one stage, and now has whittled it down to zero.

the last innovation i saw was a subscription service for their outlandishly high odds. like as big as the mega ball odds or higher. for the monthly fee they entered your numbers instead of having to find advertisers to pay for the ads, that you viewed as long as it took to validate the tickets entry.

that was the end of free lotto for me, having them urge me to pay a subscription fee.  I didnt even know there was any left out there.  Id rather pay my money on a state ran lotto. with " gulp " lower odds.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297