Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This really "burns my beans."

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Tnplayer805.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: March 8, 2009, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Yesterday, I had a chance to run to Florida.  It's been the first chance I've had in almost a year.  Well, I get over to my favorite circle K store just across the border and get in line to buy my favorite tickets.  Well, an older guy was in front of me buying a lot of lotto and powerball tickets.  I didn't mind the wait at all...  But these three rude ladies came up behind me...  Like I said, the guy was kinda old so it took him a few minutes to count out his money and all.  Well, the ladies started trash talking him and others playing ahead of them.  One said, "I wished it was state law to have seperate lines for this $h*t."  Two ironic things I noticed here...  First off there was an empty register on the right side of the store.  She was too lazy to walk over there.  She wanted to be checked out by the door for some odd reason (like it was a 100 mile walk or something).  Then, she commented, "I always buy quick picks so I don't hold up the line." (HYPOCRITE)  So then it was my turn...  One of the ladies behind me tried to jump in front of me but the clerk looked at me instead of her.  Oh yeah, I could have been rude and spent 5 min trying to choose which instant ticket I wanted but I was afraid the ladies were going to get mad and slap me with their pizza they were trying to buy.  (Who goes into a gas station for a slice of pizza anyway???)  Anyway, this was a first for me and I wanted to share my run in with rude Florida pizza loving hypcrites.

Let me just go on the record saying, if you're a customer (lottery or GM) you should be treated the same.  And to anyone that complains behind you, give them a dirty look and take as much time as you need.  And that folks, really burns my beans.

-Good luck everyone.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
    Member #60535
    April 21, 2008
    460 Posts
    Posted: March 8, 2009, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

i totally agree. at the gas station I work at one attendant in particular is the rude party. 

I'm scared of gas station pizza!!!

Velocity's avatar - Gin
      PA
      United States
      Member #63548
      August 1, 2008
      25 Posts
      Posted: March 8, 2009, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Complaining cause someone is counting money?  There will always be rude people... But not as bad as when people fill out lottery slips in line I mean who does that?  Take 10 to 20 min to fill out the slip at the empty counter and let others get their ticket...

P.S. I dont know how good pizza is down there but up here in pittsburgh, PA gas station pizza is the $H#T!!! I LOVE IT!

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
        The Great Smoky Mountains
        United States
        Member #59921
        March 31, 2008
        266 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2009, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I Agree

Mean

People

Suck!!!!!!

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: March 8, 2009, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a problem with someone buying a bunch of tickets and having to count out the money.   What does tighten my jaw is when someone buys a bunch of scratchers, then starts scratching them off right there like there was no line behind him.  Then he wants more !  That is the HEIGHT of rudeness to me.

And you never know where gas statio pizza had been !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
            North Dakota
            United States
            Member #13397
            April 5, 2005
            1623 Posts
            Posted: March 8, 2009, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Oh yeah!!!  I agree that people shouldn't scratch at the counter or fill out their playslips at the register...  I also understand that their pizza was getting colder than it already was...  But there was an open line 10 steps away.  I forgot to mention when I was actually buying my ticket (took 5-10 seconds) the loud mouth of the bunch mumbled some words under her breath...  I wanted to turn around and tell her my thoughts and feelings but like I said I was afraid of nasty gas pizza being thrown into my face.  I can't put into words how nasty that stuff looked.  Puke

How are you going to win if you don't play?

angelm's avatar - anne
              richmond ky.
              United States
              Member #15877
              May 22, 2005
              8472 Posts
              Posted: March 8, 2009, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Hard to find people with manners anymore!!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                Member #52345
                May 21, 2007
                2659 Posts
                Posted: March 8, 2009, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Roll Eyes

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: March 8, 2009, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Sadly, I agree.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

NASHVILLE, TENN
                    United States
                    Member #33372
                    February 20, 2006
                    1044 Posts
                    Posted: March 8, 2009, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Yeah.  I wish everyone else was as kind, sweet, and understanding as we are here on LP.

The Hitman's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                      Fayetteville Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #71666
                      March 1, 2009
                      4885 Posts
                      Posted: March 8, 2009, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Where I work I see it everyday,  some of the same ol customers complaining and steady just being an ass.  some days they really have me Mad burning inside.

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: March 8, 2009, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

you know what's also ironic...That some women when they turn 70 or 80 think of themselves as some crap that others can't be...

i tell you because i have observed it...

Let me just go on the record saying, if you're a customer (lottery or GM) you should be treated the same...

you are treated the same by life, you HAVE to turn old one day...That's what i like about life it doesn't make any regard...No matter how much you try to cheat life, YOU HAVE get older...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: March 9, 2009, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

you know what's also ironic...That some women when they turn 70 or 80 think of themselves as some crap that others can't be...

Let me just go on the record saying, if you're a customer (lottery or GM) you should be treated the same...

you are treated the same by life, you HAVE to turn old one day...That's what i like about life it doesn't make any regard...No matter how much you try to cheat life, YOU HAVE get older...

I apologize, i take what i said back...We are all humans we should love brethen as tyself...

I apologize again, just that it made me really mad...

We are so miniscule in this Vast, almost infinite Universe...

we are going to need love and each other's help if we want to surive as a species...

we should be glad for what we have...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                            Kunming
                            China
                            Member #57910
                            January 23, 2008
                            3626 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2009, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Yeah.  I wish everyone else was as kind, sweet, and understanding as we are here on LP.

You ain't seen nothing!!!! Man, here in China talk about rude. Nobody believes in forming a line. It's like a mob scene "me,me,me,me". Being from New York I didn't know what rude meant 'til I came here. Mad

Play to win!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: March 10, 2009, 1:02 am - IP Logged

NOT TRUE.

You can die young - happens every day.