Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The real reason why lottery winners have problems!

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 8 years ago by PrisonerSix.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #6570
August 28, 2004
36 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2009, 2:00 am - IP Logged

Well If I win Im going to be all over the media....

I might start my own YouTube Video Blog so everyone can see what I do next!

Maybe even call TLC or E! and get my own reality show!

If you got it Flaunt it!!!!

United States
    Member #10720
    January 23, 2005
    933 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2009, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

People want to have power. Maybe they are hoping that the girl that snubbed them in High School will see that they won and find them and then they can say "where were you when I was poor?" If you are not blessed with a "nice bod" then the only other thing is nice $$$, which any geek with a program and a handful of betslips has a chance at.

The other big mistake is someone wins and says they're going to help people.

I have no problem to do a press conference but to say that people who weren't there for me before won't deserve my help in the future.

It would be cool if some big Lottery winner went on TWITTER. I think we're all curious what life is like after a big win.

Baton Rouge, LA
      United States
      Member #4602
      May 7, 2004
      699 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2009, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

To be fair, Jack was already a millionaire before he won, but the winning made him apparently turn off his brain to all logic and sense. I don't think it has to do anything with intelligence and all to do with lacking any sense or letting the money cloud your judgment and yeah ignorance and stupidity do go into it at as well I guess..

BTW, I think we'll have another name to add to the "lottery loser" list in a couple years from someone who won a year ago.

I remember him being a millionaire before the lottery, but he wasn't worth the $300 million he won.  I think what happens to some people is that having so much money goes to their heads.  They think with all that money, they can do anything they want and that rules, laws, etc. don't apply to them.  This is a quote by Whittaker from his Wikipedia entry:

On January 6, 2004, Whittaker was arrested for misdemeanor assault after allegedly threatening the life of a bar manager in St. Albans, West Virginia. He has also been sued after allegedly groping a woman at a dog racetrack. Whittaker told a TV station after he was charged with drunken driving, "It doesn't bother me because I can tell everyone to piss off."

That says it all right there in my opinion.  Just because you have lots of money doesn't mean you can go crazy and act like a fool with no consequences.  Misdeeds do eventually catch up with you.  We all eventually suffer the consequences of our actions, maybe not right away, but eventually it does happen.

Just my opinion.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Baton Rouge, LA
        United States
        Member #4602
        May 7, 2004
        699 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2009, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

People want to have power. Maybe they are hoping that the girl that snubbed them in High School will see that they won and find them and then they can say "where were you when I was poor?" If you are not blessed with a "nice bod" then the only other thing is nice $$$, which any geek with a program and a handful of betslips has a chance at.

The other big mistake is someone wins and says they're going to help people.

I have no problem to do a press conference but to say that people who weren't there for me before won't deserve my help in the future.

It would be cool if some big Lottery winner went on TWITTER. I think we're all curious what life is like after a big win.

Or the one you snubbed in high school tries to convince you to give them a second chance.Smile

I was shunned and tormented by a lot of people in school and if I did win and they came looking for me, I would just ignore them, because all it would be is proof that what I thought of them back then was absolutely correct, I wouldn't go looking for them.

I probably wouldn't do a press conference if I won on my tickets, but if the pool I run wins, the 11 other members might want to do one and since I'm the founder and de facto president of the pool, they'd probably want to me to speak.  If that were the case, I'd probably just do it, then fade off into obscurity, living a quiet life.  That's the best way to do it I think.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"