Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Win the jackpot...now what?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 8 years ago by LckyLary.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
maddi2's avatar - the eye.png
Almost Heaven, WV
United States
Member #66741
November 5, 2008
163 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2009, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

First, I would buy stock in AIG, you know the Gov isn't going to let them fail.That's their pensions, and etc... but they will break them up like Ma Bell! Then I'd have stock in everyone of those companies. Buy my parents a house any where they wanted, and pay off all their bills, set up a fund for anything they may need,set up a college fund for all 12 soon to be 13 neices and nephews. No college?!?, has to be used for a house at 30, otherwise goes to the Red Cross or the Salvation Army. Donate the remainder to charitiy.Then since I'm living off my dividends, I would do the things I've wanted to do all my life, learn everything I want to know and at least still try to be a decent human being in the process!

Michigan
    United States
    Member #59293
    March 12, 2008
    121 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2009, 4:17 am - IP Logged

sorry but none of us are ever gonna win

United States
      Member #61232
      May 16, 2008
      126 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2009, 6:50 am - IP Logged

Probably true.  We all know what the odds are.  But I'll still buy my $5 Powerball quickpick later this evening.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2009, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

So you can see the future?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2657 Posts
          Posted: March 28, 2009, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Roll Eyes probably not ..... but U never know

Espanola NM
            United States
            Member #72722
            March 25, 2009
            133 Posts
            Posted: March 28, 2009, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Probably you're right.....but when you think about it..........how hard is it to pick 5 numbers from a pool of 59......and just one more single number from a pool of 39.

The lottery.....ain't nothing like it.Wink

New York, NY
              United States
              Member #13514
              April 7, 2005
              235 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2009, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

1.  I definatley pay IN full bills.  Student Loans, and credit cards

2.  Stock away enough to pay expensese for the next couple of years while I return to college to obtain a nursing degree so I could change careers.

3.  I would fix my current car, she still runs really well.

4.  I woudl share some with Immediate family only.  Mom, Sister  My sister would get enough to invest for my nieces future college education

After that I would play it by ear.  I would do my best first and foremost to keep my identity a secret.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Santa Ana
                United States
                Member #71159
                February 20, 2009
                651 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2009, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm so sorry you feel that way, but I know I will WIN!!!Banana

dejavous's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
                  nassau
                  Bahamas
                  Member #69367
                  January 8, 2009
                  184 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2009, 12:09 am - IP Logged

When I win the lotto I would only tell my parents.  I have learned once you tell your blood sucking relatives, you will never get rid of them.  I would set up a trust fund for my only child, pay of all expense my parents have.  The rest will continue to work for an honest living.  Money Changes everybody.  It brings out the worst in some people.  They all need a loan and feel because you have won so much, you never need your moneyack.  Lets face it some family members you only see them when they need you.

This may sound cold but  the longer you live the more you learn.

hoping2winbig's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                    Nebraska
                    United States
                    Member #72306
                    March 15, 2009
                    289 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2009, 7:43 am - IP Logged

Helloooooo !! I KNOW I will win tooo !!!!     ................ Negativity always works against you  . Hey all I am a newbie here , this is my very 1st post woo hoooo !  I do have a question for anyone who knows , where can I play the lotto online ? I want to play Colorado pick 5 but I'm unable to drive the 3 hrs to get there . Appreciate any help / suggestions  Smile

United States
                      Member #10720
                      January 23, 2005
                      933 Posts
                      Posted: April 10, 2009, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

First thing: go on here and say to watch the NEWS!

Short term: schedule a Vacation Day (did this once for a small claim) to Lottery HQ in Lawrenceville, and validate at the Store where purchased. Pick a nice shirt like "Feeling Lucky?" to wear to the HQ. Pick some cool MuSiC like "I Wanna Be Rich (Calloway)" and bring camera to take photos at Store. Day of trip to HQ if time stop at Molly Pitcher because they have Roy Rogers. Try to go early because sun at bad angle later in day at HQ and going there.

People who usually avoid or ignore me, now suddenly talk to me will be asked where they were when I was poor. I will tell some of my family they don't need my help and to continue spackling their ceiling. I would then offer for free whatever program I used whoever can use it.

Medium term: buy some oil and gold becuse those are likely to go up again! Purchase hybrid vehicle at some point, maybe Prius plug-in. Plan move to Bergen County (decent house with wide garage but not huge). Plan trips to Pittsburgh and few other places on the "bucket list" but nothing overseas. Road trip during long Holiday. Develop stock plan for portion of winnings to be used. Get all Dental taken care of. I have mostly everything I want so there are no big shopping sprees planned. I'd still do my own brakes.

Long term: try to figure out the meaning of life since you can't take it with you.

The short term is the most fun because of the excitement of having won; long term I might get feeling down sometimes, especially since playing the Pick-3 won't be as much fun.

(Watch with the "never gonna win"... I had 5 of 5 once. Using a program.)