Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sound effects

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8797 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2009, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd.

With all the advancements you have made at Lottery Post and all the advancements being made in the internet How about sound effects.

We could have a pull up like the emoticons to select what we want in sound effects. Like if we pull off a winning prediction we can choose band music , horns , whistles. stuff like that.

Then when we post predictions or due stats we could have music like suspense music and stuff that creates a drama effect.

There could be a place in our message box in the forum post where we can play the sound for that persons post. Like an on off button.  Maybe a notification of sound to go with that posting.

We could also have holiday music for the seasons too. Christmas comes around we could come to the lottery post homepage and have christmas music playing. Or the sound effects of the fourth of july.

Whatever the imagination can conjure up.

When you have time of course.Big Grin

Oo'Ka

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23353 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2009, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

There is currently one single sound effect on Lottery Post: When you click on a state in the Results map. 

The problem is that to make sound in a web browser is difficult and not consistent between browsers.  So in order to do it you have to resort to some complicated coding in Flash.  (If you notice a web site with sounds, it is almost always a Flash-based site, at least partially.)

I did do some experimenting at one point (when I was building the Sudoku game), but it didn't work very well, despite a lot of effort.  Since that time I haven't put much more effort into it.

Personally, I think sound is great, and I'd love to do it.  (Anyone who has played around with my Lottery Results Gadget knows that.)  I just wish it was easier to build in a web browser!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!