Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you have the urge?...

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 8 years ago by diamondpalace.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

To play Mega Millions or Powerball that your state does not offer?

Yes, I have the urge to play Mega Million [ 12 ]  [24.00%]
I have the urge to play Powerball [ 14 ]  [28.00%]
My state have one (MM/PB) so no urge [ 15 ]  [30.00%]
Not my kind of games [ 3 ]  [6.00%]
other... [ 6 ]  [12.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 50 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
Dallas, TX
United States
Member #60284
April 12, 2008
3856 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2009, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Do you have the urge to play Mega Millions/Powerball if your state don't offer it?

I have the urge to play Powerball, since TX only offer one multi-state jackpot game, Mega Millions right now.

Was curious to see if you have the urge to play other multi-state jackpot games that your state does not offer, at the moment.

United States
    Member #58528
    February 18, 2008
    710 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2009, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Do you have the urge to play Mega Millions/Powerball if your state don't offer it?

I have the urge to play Powerball, since TX only offer one multi-state jackpot game, Mega Millions right now.

Was curious to see if you have the urge to play other multi-state jackpot games that your state does not offer, at the moment.

My state,Iowa, has Powerball & I only live a couple of miles from a MegaMillions state,Illinois,so I can already play both games so I checked "other".

grandpajohn's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      williamsburg,ohio
      United States
      Member #71029
      February 17, 2009
      603 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2009, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Ohio has MegaMillions but sometimes I wish I lived close enough to play Powerball my sons g/f live cross the river but I don't trust her with my money plus my wifes brothers live in Kentucky but don't trust them as well.I be afred they would just go to the bar with the money i gave them to play and it would be like a 60 mile round trip there so I don't play it.

"Don't Give Up.Don't Ever Give Up"

Jim Valvano ex N.C.State basketball coach Thumbs Up

Dallas, TX
        United States
        Member #60284
        April 12, 2008
        3856 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2009, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Ohio has MegaMillions but sometimes I wish I lived close enough to play Powerball my sons g/f live cross the river but I don't trust her with my money plus my wifes brothers live in Kentucky but don't trust them as well.I be afred they would just go to the bar with the money i gave them to play and it would be like a 60 mile round trip there so I don't play it.

Trusting is the key. Perhaps you can hold their first born as ransom if they don't comply...

grandpajohn's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          williamsburg,ohio
          United States
          Member #71029
          February 17, 2009
          603 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2009, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I already got that.My granddaughter stays with me on the weekends and lot though the week LOL Thing is if I did win it I wouldn't want her to know till I told her because she is the type that if she knew I won on the tix she played for me my son and her would be first in line to see what dad would give them.

"Don't Give Up.Don't Ever Give Up"

Jim Valvano ex N.C.State basketball coach Thumbs Up

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: April 13, 2009, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

I live in Ohio which has MegaMillions but I can drive 2 hrs to Indiana to get PowerBall if I get the urge real bad to play.  I use to do that but after gas prices went up I got real and realize that my chances of hitting the PB jackpots were no better than my chances of hitting the MM jackpots and chances of hitting either were better if I just put all my resources in one. Besides the money I save on gas can be used to buy more tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Dallas, TX
              United States
              Member #60284
              April 12, 2008
              3856 Posts
              Posted: April 13, 2009, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I already got that.My granddaughter stays with me on the weekends and lot though the week LOL Thing is if I did win it I wouldn't want her to know till I told her because she is the type that if she knew I won on the tix she played for me my son and her would be first in line to see what dad would give them.

Ah, you got it covered. So the concern is really the delayed in good news. I am sure more people in your lineage will be lining up :)

Dallas, TX
                United States
                Member #60284
                April 12, 2008
                3856 Posts
                Posted: April 13, 2009, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I live in Ohio which has MegaMillions but I can drive 2 hrs to Indiana to get PowerBall if I get the urge real bad to play.  I use to do that but after gas prices went up I got real and realize that my chances of hitting the PB jackpots were no better than my chances of hitting the MM jackpots and chances of hitting either were better if I just put all my resources in one. Besides the money I save on gas can be used to buy more tickets.

2hrs is not bad if its both to and from. Good thinking on putting in more tickets for MM from gas money.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: April 13, 2009, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

I don't so much get the urge to play, but every now and then, I wish I could get a couple of Mega Millions tickets. I have Powerball in my state, but I am no where near close enough to the Washington border to justify the gas money to get MM tickets. So no MM tickets for me.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10353 Posts
                    Posted: April 13, 2009, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm in a MM state, and the part of the state I'm in is bordered by two PB states so voted no urge.

When I saw the title of this thread, Do you have the urge, I thought it was going to follow with to throw something at the TV when the results of the drawing are in.

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                      NC
                      United States
                      Member #29378
                      January 1, 2006
                      552 Posts
                      Posted: April 13, 2009, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

My state,Iowa, has Powerball & I only live a couple of miles from a MegaMillions state,Illinois,so I can already play both games so I checked "other".

Same Here - NC & VA though, Pogo

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3300 Posts
                        Posted: April 13, 2009, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

i live in australia, and i get the urge to buy online when the pot is over $200 mill, well the advertised pot. Just too much money to not have a chance at.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23273 Posts
                          Posted: April 13, 2009, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

ChaChe's avatar - Lottery-067.jpg
                            Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #71057
                            February 17, 2009
                            41 Posts
                            Posted: April 14, 2009, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Hi Diamond!

I voted "other" because I live in a MM state and b/c my husband is a truck driver, he is able to pick up PB tickets when I get the urge.  So we kinda get the best of both worlds.  I guess it would be better if we could HIT one of them.  Lol...

"Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5611 Posts
                              Posted: April 14, 2009, 8:35 am - IP Logged

I voted PB. I drive right up I-35 to Thackerville, OK and buy 10 draws at a time. Diamondpalace, it's only about an hour each way for me, and it would be about the same for you if you live around Dallas.