Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

to win: is it dumb luck or does planning work

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 8 years ago by IPlay2times.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3112 Posts
Posted: April 29, 2009, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Winning a jackpot doesn't have to be pure luck.  You can put yourself into the zone where winners come from, or you can play in a way you can't win in 99 out of 100 draws. 

Winning begins before buying the ticket.   BobP

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
    Member #60535
    April 21, 2008
    460 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2009, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

If winning were anything more than dumb luck why would people need to generate $$$ by selling their "systems" and wheels?  If it were that easy they would be rich from their lottow and not need to worry with the business of selling false hope .

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2009, 1:59 am - IP Logged

I would not say dumb luck, I'd say smart luck.

Take the 59 white balls, split em in half.

Pick 3 numbers from 1-30, and 2 numbers from 31-59

and/or

Pick 2 numbers from 1-30, and 3 numbers from 31-59.

Of those, pick 2 numbers from any one group - such as from 1-10, pick 2 numbers, OR from 11-20 pick 2 numbers, and so on.

Reason being is usually one pair is hit.

Avoid picking most numbers from one half or the other, keep it 2/3 or 3/2.

After all that, it's still dumb luck to hit it, but the odds are better if you play smarter.

Monkey Butt, USA
        United States
        Member #54569
        August 23, 2007
        1124 Posts
        Posted: April 30, 2009, 2:19 am - IP Logged

As far as I am concerned, a little homework never hurts. At least you have an idea what to expect in the next drawing and it helps refine your intuition when you play on paper.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3112 Posts
          Posted: April 30, 2009, 3:38 am - IP Logged

If winning were anything more than dumb luck why would people need to generate $$$ by selling their "systems" and wheels?  If it were that easy they would be rich from their lottow and not need to worry with the business of selling false hope .

There is a huge difference between those who provide the "tools of the trade" and useful lotto information to those willing to pay for a leg up and those trading on false hope.

It's like going into Sears to get tools and a manual to repair your car or buying a can of snake oil in the hope something you can pour will fix your car.

A basic understanding of the odds you are dealing with, wheels and filters, distributions of numbers are all necessary to produce combinations that have a better chance of being lucky. 

Most systems whether you buy them or get them free are rubbish.  They would be worth much more if they worked.  The funny thing is, many players don't track their playing expenses and after years of never winning are happy with a Pick-3 system that returns roughly $500 on a $1000 wagered spread over weeks of play.   "Hey, I'm finally winning, now I have to figure out how to make a profit!"

The odds against winning Pick-5/6 are so huge the only proof of a system's value is whether the combinations it generates are "like" the combinations that win.  In other words have the balances you find in winning tickets.  Your odds may very well be reduced from 1in22 million to 1 in 10,000 and the game is still too tough to beat in the short term.  Just make sure you aren't doing something that makes it virtually impossible to win over the long term.  

BobP

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
            Dallas, TX
            United States
            Member #60284
            April 12, 2008
            3856 Posts
            Posted: April 30, 2009, 3:56 am - IP Logged

It's luck + preparations.

Kaptainess's avatar - hiro bird.jpg

United States
              Member #63356
              July 26, 2008
              1427 Posts
              Posted: April 30, 2009, 4:29 am - IP Logged

Loads of study, watching, keeping track of your state and your states' ''cousins''; and having voices in your head that tells you to play or not to play a number.  Sometimes the other side tell you not to play the number and it comes out, those voices are the ones that makes you wish you had your headset on.  Okay, its one's six sense, not really strange voices, or are they?

United States
                Member #48387
                December 24, 2006
                6 Posts
                Posted: May 1, 2009, 6:25 am - IP Logged

I am seeing a lot of great opinions and suggestions to my question but for me it is probably expressed best by the above statement.  I have targeted the Indiana 5/36 game for several reasons and I have a results producing system I am testing to verify if I have facts or perceptions.

I am not sure how Indiana draws their numbers other by computer and I know numbers do not have any memory but, looking at my results, the method used by the lottery appears to have a memory of what came before. In my opinion.

Bloomfield Hills MI
                  United States
                  Member #74042
                  May 1, 2009
                  4 Posts
                  Posted: May 1, 2009, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Ive been playing the same numbers for a month now mind you they are sentimental numbers basically years of cars I own although I will not say what numbers They have been coming up I got every number so far but not in a row. My best was a few weeks ago I got 3 real numbers and meag I have a feeling my numbers are somewhere in the middle of the systems database anythought as to why there coming up so much although Im not complaining lol...