Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do lottery systems start out hot and then go cold?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Chicago
United States
Member #70678
February 8, 2009
889 Posts
Posted: May 3, 2009, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Another aspect to be considered is how we go about developing our systems.   We tend to use the last 40, 50, or 100 drawings to mathematically find a way to predict the next drawing.  Only if,  in the future,  those same numbers fall into the same positions will our system perform as expected.

As the drawings continue, our numbers fall into other positions, other columns but our system remains static.  To us it appears that our algorithym has gone "cold" whereas in fact our algorithym was never "hot".

IMHO, to create a usefull algorithym a developer must look past the numbers and their relative positions.  Look instead to find what the numbers are telling us.  Is the sum odd or even?  Is there a repeat number?  Was the first number odd or even?  Was the last number odd or even?  How many odd numbers were drawn? 

Of course I have been wrong before ( just ask my wife ) and  ( if I may be permitted a bit of scarcasism ) will probably be wrong again sometime in the far distant future.

Hey Gasmeterguy,

Just curious reading this post.......do you track the numbers by the order they fall? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to watch the draws every evening and chart this info (to look for any patterns) as well as my usual way of charting.

United States
    Member #24439
    October 22, 2005
    638 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2009, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Hey Gasmeterguy,

Just curious reading this post.......do you track the numbers by the order they fall? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to watch the draws every evening and chart this info (to look for any patterns) as well as my usual way of charting.

You also have access to some of the videos online.

hoping2winbig's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      Nebraska
      United States
      Member #72306
      March 15, 2009
      289 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2009, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Hi Editgap , I understand what you are saying about difference between numbers as I have been playing around with an idea similar to that just on paper for awhile and have found it to be very interesting how sometimes it can predict all 5 numbers for pick 5  and sometimes 3 or 4 numbers out of 5  , I did actually win on 4 #s and numerous 3# prizes using this & wheeling #'s too , back testing proved the 5 #'s and I also missed a 5# draw recently ( kicking myself LOL )

I would love to see / try your new system , will you be sharing it here on LP ? or will we be able to purchase it in the future ?

hoping2winbig's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
        Nebraska
        United States
        Member #72306
        March 15, 2009
        289 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2009, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

OOPs ! forgot to ask in previous post ..... where does one find the videos online please ? Thanks !

United States
          Member #24439
          October 22, 2005
          638 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2009, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Powerball have the videos on their website under powerball winning numbers menu at www.powerball.com.

And TN website post their pick 3 numbers videos on their website too.

Icezkube's avatar - icezkube Avatar.jpg
            Bay Area 510 , California
            United States
            Member #64283
            August 23, 2008
            194 Posts
            Posted: May 5, 2009, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

yea, this happened to me to. I had a very good system that was very hot and I was going to post it on LP but after a couple more weeks of testing it began to go cold and then colder....it still hits every week or so but not as much as before. Also i had another system the was super hot once first found and then got pretty cold later on.

So, I guess its cause the lotto is ever changing and you need to make new updates to change your system to keep those super hot hits.

Im testing a new system that seems ok right now, but i have a feeling its going to get cold then maybe hot then warm then cold then warm.....who knows. lol

Anything is yours, if you only want it hard enough. Just think of it. ANYTHING. Try IT. You will succeed.Wink

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: May 5, 2009, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Hey Gasmeterguy,

I did at one time.  I found nothing worthwhile.  This should not be taken as a warning, tho.   I have no idea what direction you are taking in developing your algorithym and tracking the numbers in the position they fall might be worth your time and effort.  I did not find a useful pattern in how the numbers fell and that was my main criteria.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                Chicago
                United States
                Member #70678
                February 8, 2009
                889 Posts
                Posted: May 6, 2009, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I did at one time.  I found nothing worthwhile.  This should not be taken as a warning, tho.   I have no idea what direction you are taking in developing your algorithym and tracking the numbers in the position they fall might be worth your time and effort.  I did not find a useful pattern in how the numbers fell and that was my main criteria.

Ok! I was just curious. Thanks for responding! LOL I'm not even sure what direction I'm taking.....just trying to look from all angles.