Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotsoft Pro Updates Notice- Attn Win D

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
United States
Member #4924
June 3, 2004
5893 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2009, 7:53 am - IP Logged

An email, I received from Ricky.

Due to a technical issue, there will be no LiveUpdate of the draws in LotSoftPro on Saturday 06 and Sunday 07 May 2009.

Apologies for this inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Ricky Thys

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    New York, NY
    United States
    Member #39471
    May 16, 2006
    2696 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2009, 8:19 am - IP Logged

An email, I received from Ricky.

Due to a technical issue, there will be no LiveUpdate of the draws in LotSoftPro on Saturday 06 and Sunday 07 May 2009.

Apologies for this inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Ricky Thys

Thanks Carbob, I wish Ricky had announced this publicly. I was just about to ask what happened? There is not even an announcement on the lotteryusa website.

Anyway thanks and I hope Ricky gets this worked out ASAP. I cannot function without LotSoft. Ricky, all the best.

$$$

paurths's avatar - underground
      Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
      Belgium
      Member #19287
      July 29, 2005
      2254 Posts
      Posted: June 8, 2009, 4:38 am - IP Logged

Thanks Carbob, I wish Ricky had announced this publicly. I was just about to ask what happened? There is not even an announcement on the lotteryusa website.

Anyway thanks and I hope Ricky gets this worked out ASAP. I cannot function without LotSoft. Ricky, all the best.

I have sent an email to everyone who ownes a copy of LotSoftPro,

cheers
      Ricky

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

New York, NY
        United States
        Member #39471
        May 16, 2006
        2696 Posts
        Posted: June 16, 2009, 8:30 am - IP Logged

DC (E) results are incorrect for 3 days: the 417 on Jun 11th did not repeat  on 12th, 13th and 14th.

$$$

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
          United States
          Member #4924
          June 3, 2004
          5893 Posts
          Posted: June 16, 2009, 9:29 am - IP Logged

I will email Ricky.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: June 16, 2009, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Yeap... me as well. Same 3 days. Should we perform force overwrite for all states?

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

New York, NY
              United States
              Member #39471
              May 16, 2006
              2696 Posts
              Posted: June 16, 2009, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Yeap... me as well. Same 3 days. Should we perform force overwrite for all states?

Also the states...I manually updated them

VA (e)

WA

WV

WI

$$$

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                United States
                Member #4924
                June 3, 2004
                5893 Posts
                Posted: June 16, 2009, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Yes Chas, Steve, re-update, force over write.

New York, NY
                  United States
                  Member #39471
                  May 16, 2006
                  2696 Posts
                  Posted: June 16, 2009, 9:56 am - IP Logged

I don't recommend that for a particular reason. WIND I tried to pm you....your box is full

Anyway if you have corrected past histories manually ( as I have had to on several occassions--it happens it's probably not Ricky's fault), then forcing an overwite brings back errors you corrected if they have not been corrected in the online histories.

$$$

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #4924
                    June 3, 2004
                    5893 Posts
                    Posted: June 16, 2009, 10:04 am - IP Logged

I don't recommend that for a particular reason. WIND I tried to pm you....your box is full

Anyway if you have corrected past histories manually ( as I have had to on several occassions--it happens it's probably not Ricky's fault), then forcing an overwite brings back errors you corrected if they have not been corrected in the online histories.

Should have mentioned that was Ricky's instruction.

New York, NY
                      United States
                      Member #39471
                      May 16, 2006
                      2696 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2009, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Should have mentioned that was Ricky's instruction.

Carbob what is Ricky's instruction--to force overwite or to do a manual as I suggested?

Why I do a manual in such cases is simple but very important.

In working on a couple of states' past histories I picked up a few errors in the databases. I manually corrected them....if the corrections were not made in the online histories then overwring brings back the errors I corrected.

If you have not manually corrected the histories and/or the longterm accuracy of past drawings are unimportant to you then force overwrite.

If you have manually corrected past histories DO NOT OVERWRITE.

$$$

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10491 Posts
                        Posted: June 16, 2009, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Thanks ..... Guess I'll give it a try then. Sure hope it doesn't bring back old corrections. Thats like work or something..... and with my win rate lately.... it's unpaid work !  LOL  

Has anyone else had a situation like mine ....as an example...   for a long time now my data output window (bottom right) on the shortsums page is so faint .....I have to copy paste it to get the numbers  to show up against the faint back ground.  Otherwise, I can hardly tell they are there.  Funny its not on all things ....just some of the output window numbers. I haven't changed monitors or anything and have tried the obvious adjustments.

One other thing.... have you ever noticed after an update is performed .... you must shut down the program and restart....or it will give a different draw history....other than your own state?

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

New York, NY
                          United States
                          Member #39471
                          May 16, 2006
                          2696 Posts
                          Posted: June 16, 2009, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Thanks ..... Guess I'll give it a try then. Sure hope it doesn't bring back old corrections. Thats like work or something..... and with my win rate lately.... it's unpaid work !  LOL  

Has anyone else had a situation like mine ....as an example...   for a long time now my data output window (bottom right) on the shortsums page is so faint .....I have to copy paste it to get the numbers  to show up against the faint back ground.  Otherwise, I can hardly tell they are there.  Funny its not on all things ....just some of the output window numbers. I haven't changed monitors or anything and have tried the obvious adjustments.

One other thing.... have you ever noticed after an update is performed .... you must shut down the program and restart....or it will give a different draw history....other than your own state?

Hmmm sure it's not the colors on yr monitor? Mine (shortsums output) has a light purple background. The font is kinda close to the bg color so on some monitors it probably could present a problem.  Mine is legible enough.

$$$

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                            United States
                            Member #4924
                            June 3, 2004
                            5893 Posts
                            Posted: June 16, 2009, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Carbob what is Ricky's instruction--to force overwite or to do a manual as I suggested?

Why I do a manual in such cases is simple but very important.

In working on a couple of states' past histories I picked up a few errors in the databases. I manually corrected them....if the corrections were not made in the online histories then overwring brings back the errors I corrected.

If you have not manually corrected the histories and/or the longterm accuracy of past drawings are unimportant to you then force overwrite.

If you have manually corrected past histories DO NOT OVERWRITE.

force overwrite.

New York, NY
                              United States
                              Member #39471
                              May 16, 2006
                              2696 Posts
                              Posted: June 16, 2009, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Just remember there is no way to select which states you overwrite---everything is overwritten (up to a point) I hope Ricky can implement a selective update/overwrite feature in the next version. LottoBuster has that capability I think.

$$$