Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Site updated today

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Dawn32.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23349 Posts
Posted: June 9, 2009, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I just completed a site update, and I thought I'd pass along a few of the changes.

Actually, it's been a while since I posted about a site update in the forums; I have made a few updates recently and only posted info to the Change Log, so that would be a good place for additional detail.

The most visible change made today is the official break-out of Canada multi-province games from USA multi-state games.

In fact, Canada national games now get an official designation of "multi-province", rather than their former technically-incorrect labeling of "multi-state".  I'm sure our Canadian members will be pleased with that one.

There also still exists "multi-country" games -- which is actually just a single game: Euro Millions.

Collectively, all three types of games -- multi-state, multi-province, and multi-country -- are referred to as "multi-jurisdiction", which is a term frequently used in the lottery industry.

So, with that being said, you will now find new menu choices in both the Results menu and the Predictions menu for viewing multi-jurisdiction games, and that menu gives you the option of seeing the multi-state, multi-province, or multi-country page.  (I'm tired of typing "multi-"!)  If this doesn't make sense, just look at the menus, and it will be clear.

Also, there are a couple other changes to the same menus:  Instead of a "United Kingdom" sub-menu that offers choices of Ireland and UK National, the sub-menu is now called "Europe"; and the Predictions menu now has separate sub-menus for going straight to USA, Canada, and Europe predictions.

All of these organizational things have been necessary for some time, but just recently came together.  The new multi-province designation had some very wide-ranging impacts throughout the system, since the grouping of games is a very fundamental part of the system, and you will find the new terminology, as well as new choices available through the predictions system and results pages.

Some other things updated today included fixing a bug that caused jackpot change amounts to appear only in US dollars; I added a new sound for member active/inactive in the Monitor Site Activity page and added an option to turn off the sound; fixed some glitches in the new Sudoku sounds (particularly in the Chrome browser); fixed some content issues in the Browser Compatibility Test; and made some improvements to the post-editor processing for any text input into the rich text editor, as well as some text input into the simple codes editor.

Sound effects are something that some people love and others hate, which is why I'm experimenting with them in a couple of pages (Sudoku and Monitor Site Activity).  I added an "OFF" option in the site activity page for people who don't like the sounds.

But for those who like the sounds, I'm interested to hear your feedback.  I added a second sound today so that you can easily distinguish the multitude of member activity items from more "substantial" events such as new posts.  The thought is that for those who like to keep the member activity items turned on, but want to be drawn to the page when something interesting happens, the audio cue accomplishes this.

Also, I'm interested in adding effects where they make sense in the site -- but it only tends to be in areas with real-time activity.  Sounds are highly subjective, so everyone will have a different opinion on what's good and what's not, so anything I put in there is an experiment at this point, and subject to change.  So if there is something you like in particular, please let me know.

If you don't like sound -- and I know there are some of you out there -- frankly I'd rather just keep the discussion positive, so there's no need to remind me that you don't sound.  I will always try to have an "off" setting -- except maybe in games like Sudoku.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #2448
    October 4, 2003
    26090 Posts
    Posted: June 9, 2009, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, Todd!  You hard work is appreciated!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31537 Posts
      Posted: June 9, 2009, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd.

love to nibble those micey feet.

bootleg233's avatar - Lottery-034.jpg
        Tn
        United States
        Member #54963
        September 4, 2007
        1166 Posts
        Posted: June 9, 2009, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd for all you do here!! ...........Seems you are everywhere all the time do you ever get to relax or even sleep? Lol just wondered but again THANKS!

WHEN IT FEELS THE WHOLE WORLD SUCKS!

RELAX.........IT'S ONLY GRAVITY Big Smile

I think I can I think I can!!!!

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
          Member #68609
          December 26, 2008
          2204 Posts
          Posted: June 9, 2009, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

thanks Todd. site is awesome.

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
            Portland,Oregon
            United States
            Member #14387
            April 25, 2005
            229 Posts
            Posted: June 9, 2009, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  with all of them

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

USA
              United States
              Member #58396
              February 13, 2008
              313 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2009, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd.  It's a great site. Appreciate all your hard work and that you are always looking for ways to improve the site.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3112 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2009, 3:54 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the update, let's me know to expect something different.

BobP

xthundercat2003's avatar - 161784 100002045964044_7086045_n.jpg
                  new york
                  United States
                  Member #52681
                  June 4, 2007
                  2216 Posts
                  Posted: June 10, 2009, 8:59 am - IP Logged

I just completed a site update, and I thought I'd pass along a few of the changes.

Actually, it's been a while since I posted about a site update in the forums; I have made a few updates recently and only posted info to the Change Log, so that would be a good place for additional detail.

The most visible change made today is the official break-out of Canada multi-province games from USA multi-state games.

In fact, Canada national games now get an official designation of "multi-province", rather than their former technically-incorrect labeling of "multi-state".  I'm sure our Canadian members will be pleased with that one.

There also still exists "multi-country" games -- which is actually just a single game: Euro Millions.

Collectively, all three types of games -- multi-state, multi-province, and multi-country -- are referred to as "multi-jurisdiction", which is a term frequently used in the lottery industry.

So, with that being said, you will now find new menu choices in both the Results menu and the Predictions menu for viewing multi-jurisdiction games, and that menu gives you the option of seeing the multi-state, multi-province, or multi-country page.  (I'm tired of typing "multi-"!)  If this doesn't make sense, just look at the menus, and it will be clear.

Also, there are a couple other changes to the same menus:  Instead of a "United Kingdom" sub-menu that offers choices of Ireland and UK National, the sub-menu is now called "Europe"; and the Predictions menu now has separate sub-menus for going straight to USA, Canada, and Europe predictions.

All of these organizational things have been necessary for some time, but just recently came together.  The new multi-province designation had some very wide-ranging impacts throughout the system, since the grouping of games is a very fundamental part of the system, and you will find the new terminology, as well as new choices available through the predictions system and results pages.

Some other things updated today included fixing a bug that caused jackpot change amounts to appear only in US dollars; I added a new sound for member active/inactive in the Monitor Site Activity page and added an option to turn off the sound; fixed some glitches in the new Sudoku sounds (particularly in the Chrome browser); fixed some content issues in the Browser Compatibility Test; and made some improvements to the post-editor processing for any text input into the rich text editor, as well as some text input into the simple codes editor.

Sound effects are something that some people love and others hate, which is why I'm experimenting with them in a couple of pages (Sudoku and Monitor Site Activity).  I added an "OFF" option in the site activity page for people who don't like the sounds.

But for those who like the sounds, I'm interested to hear your feedback.  I added a second sound today so that you can easily distinguish the multitude of member activity items from more "substantial" events such as new posts.  The thought is that for those who like to keep the member activity items turned on, but want to be drawn to the page when something interesting happens, the audio cue accomplishes this.

Also, I'm interested in adding effects where they make sense in the site -- but it only tends to be in areas with real-time activity.  Sounds are highly subjective, so everyone will have a different opinion on what's good and what's not, so anything I put in there is an experiment at this point, and subject to change.  So if there is something you like in particular, please let me know.

If you don't like sound -- and I know there are some of you out there -- frankly I'd rather just keep the discussion positive, so there's no need to remind me that you don't sound.  I will always try to have an "off" setting -- except maybe in games like Sudoku.

todd im bein trying to pm you but it frezzes and i keep restarting the computer any way your very welcome any time im hear to help

bless you

xthundercat2003's avatar - 161784 100002045964044 7086045 ntrust and belive

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23349 Posts
                    Posted: June 10, 2009, 9:19 am - IP Logged

Thank you all for the nice comments!  @bootleg233: the answer to your question is "no". Twitch  Big Grin

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                      Member #28409
                      December 15, 2005
                      1198 Posts
                      Posted: June 10, 2009, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd!  I personally like sound effects anywhere I can get them.   Does that make a sound slut?

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23349 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2009, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd!  I personally like sound effects anywhere I can get them.   Does that make a sound slut?

No, I think it's a "sound" decision.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
                          Member #1987
                          August 5, 2003
                          8968 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2009, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Hello there Todd, I love the sounds! I truly appreciate everything that you have done to make this site so user friendly.

Dawn32's avatar - DawnMarch2012
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #71646
                            March 1, 2009
                            204 Posts
                            Posted: June 10, 2009, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Todd is awesome, and so is LP!

"Bless me Lord, so that I may be a blessing to others."