Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How To Reduce More The Odds??

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #7437
October 3, 2004
383 Posts
Posted: June 23, 2009, 9:54 am - IP Logged

If you ever are thinking about using or buying software that claims it can reduce the odds for winning, put your sneakers on and run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

FACT: In any lottery that emulates a close to random selection, the odds for a win remain nearly constant. For example in a five ball lottery with 39 numbers, the probability of a win is always close to 1/575,757, no matter where you live, where you work, or what you eat for breakfast.

jayemmar

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
    Kunming
    China
    Member #57910
    January 23, 2008
    3626 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2009, 10:03 am - IP Logged

What is the history of this game? What do the last 20 draws look like? Maybe somebody here can look at it and see something that you're not.

Play to win!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19828 Posts
      Posted: June 23, 2009, 11:16 am - IP Logged

If you ever are thinking about using or buying software that claims it can reduce the odds for winning, put your sneakers on and run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

FACT: In any lottery that emulates a close to random selection, the odds for a win remain nearly constant. For example in a five ball lottery with 39 numbers, the probability of a win is always close to 1/575,757, no matter where you live, where you work, or what you eat for breakfast.

jayemmar

Besides calculating that a 5/39 game has 575,757 possible combinations, what have you done to prove that to be a (FACT)?  Ohio's Rolling Cash5 is such a game which has had 1582 drawings of which two combinations have already repeated.  To me this indicates that some combinations are more likely to come up than others and if that is true then you statement may not be a (FACT).  In fact I believe your odds of winning a jackpot could be made better or worst than 1:575,757 depending on your knowledge of numbers behavior in previous drawings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #7437
        October 3, 2004
        383 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2009, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

RJOh

Besides calculating that a 5/39 game has 575,757 possible combinations, what have you done to prove that to be a (FACT)?

Ans: Statistics and probability tell the truth always and ever in a random selection process. That 2 selections have repeated themselves within 1582 doesn't contradict the statistics.  Although the probability for occurence is small, it is still greater than zero and thus deemed as a possible event. We shouldn't confuse the impossible with the improbable.  If, however, within these 1582 draws you are detecting a bias with occurences of sums, digits, etc, then this kind of scenario weakens the random selection property, and your strategy should indeed be one, which takes advantage of the bias(es). In a biased system new set of probabilties would have to be calculated relative to the biases.

jayemmar

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: June 23, 2009, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

jayemmar,

I have isolated 80% of the winning numbers within a group of parameters which I use to choose combinations when ever I play RC5.  However I don't know if those parameters include less than 80% of the possible combinations and physically going through all 575,757 combinations to count the ones included is a larger task than I want to attempt. Ideally if those parameters included less than half the possible combinations then that would prove they improve the odds of winning.

I have noticed I beat the odds of winning small prizes when I play, however  winning an extra dollars once in a while playing 10 lines isn't really that great.  It could be I need to play more lines to exploit the bias to win larger prizes but that might be beyond my budget.

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #7437
            October 3, 2004
            383 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2009, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

RJOh:

Have you ever tried downloading an evaluation copy of LotWin? Even though you can't see all of the number sets  that passed the filters, you do get a count of how many sets of numbers there are. Maybe you can use this program to get an idea of how big your set is.

jayemmar

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19828 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2009, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

RJOh:

Have you ever tried downloading an evaluation copy of LotWin? Even though you can't see all of the number sets  that passed the filters, you do get a count of how many sets of numbers there are. Maybe you can use this program to get an idea of how big your set is.

jayemmar

Thanks for the suggestion, I may try that.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2009, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I checked LotWin and it doesn't do what I need.  When I have the time, I'll write a loop in Basic to generate all the possible combinations of a 5/39 game and count the ones that are within the parameters that I'm using.  It shouldn't take long for less than 600,000 combinations.

Evil Looking       

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                  ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  5899 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2009, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

I checked LotWin and it doesn't do what I need.  When I have the time, I'll write a loop in Basic to generate all the possible combinations of a 5/39 game and count the ones that are within the parameters that I'm using.  It shouldn't take long for less than 600,000 combinations.

Have you ever tried Expert lotto?

PlraX's avatar - large flag_of_dominican_republic.gif
                    Deeping in Ramdoness
                    Dominican Republic
                    Member #73824
                    April 25, 2009
                    238 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2009, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

but my game is a 6/38 game.. and software provide just 30. numbers and inside this 30 numbers are the winnes i just wanna  a idea is posible to reduce more.. or how to.. do some paterm whit this 30 give numers.. or this 6 rows

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19828 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2009, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever tried Expert lotto?

I looked at it a couple of years ago and it only did what other commercial software did.  I'm becoming convinced that when you want to try something different, you can't do it using software that limits you to the ideas of its programmer.

Evil Looking       

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                        Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: July 23, 2009, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

On a 5/37 game, What are the odds of getting 2 winning numbers on 1 line when 6 lines are predicted?

I only took a very quick look at that program and it did that, that time.

Also it might maybe be able to give at least sometimes 4 winning numbers right out of about 25 to 30 predicted numbers (Not Lines).

What are the odds of that? Do those things beat the random odds or not?

Anyhow a 1 test quick look gave that, I don't know if it could do better or worse if it is tested many more times.

On Tx 2 out of 5 for the Cash 5 pays only $2 so if you buy 6 lines = $6 - $2 = $4 Lost.

--------

PiraX is very lucky to be getting the results that He or She is getting.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7314 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2009, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Now I see why you are confused...lol

I must have been drunk when I wrote this. perms to me, only apply to p-3 or 4, and not with p-5 or p-6 games.

A full wheel is when you use a group of numbers and each number is played in combinations of 5 (pick-5 games) or 6 (pick-6) with all the other numbers. An 8 number pick-5 wheel has 56 combos and an 8 number pick-6 wheel has 28. There are 3003 and 5005 combos in 15 numbers. And if 5 of your numbers hit, you win the jackpot; or all 6 in lotto games. 

Perms in the pick-3 games are like 3 numbers in the first position with 3 in the second and 3 in the third. The same can be done with pick-5 and pick-6 but they are usually called conditional wheels where 2 or 3 numbers from one group are combined with other groups. Using 3 numbers with 3 numbers in 6 positions would be very expensive; 729 combos.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                            Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: July 24, 2009, 4:29 am - IP Logged

On a 5/37 game, What are the odds of getting 2 winning numbers on 1 line when 6 lines are predicted?

I only took a very quick look at that program and it did that, that time.

Also it might maybe be able to give at least sometimes 4 winning numbers right out of about 25 to 30 predicted numbers (Not Lines).

What are the odds of that? Do those things beat the random odds or not?

Anyhow a 1 test quick look gave that, I don't know if it could do better or worse if it is tested many more times.

On Tx 2 out of 5 for the Cash 5 pays only $2 so if you buy 6 lines = $6 - $2 = $4 Lost.

--------

PiraX is very lucky to be getting the results that He or She is getting.

ù The chances of hitting winning numbers in a lotto game '5/37'

ù ' 0 of 5 ' -> 1 in 2.2
                             ù ' 1 of 5 ' -> 1 in 2.4
                             ù ' 2 of 5 ' -> 1 in 8.8
                             ù ' 3 of 5 ' -> 1 in 87.9
                             ù ' 4 of 5 ' -> 1 in 2724.4
                             ù ' 5 of 5 ' -> 1 in 435897

I understand this.

------------

ù The probability of EXACTLY
                             ' 2 in 5  ' in 6 from 37 is:

or
                               1 in  6.46491657397107898

I don't understand this, but no matter.

--------

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."