Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Switch to Quick Pick

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #76285
June 23, 2009
16 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2009, 10:54 am - IP Logged

For last couple of months, I have (tried to) analyze the PB number patterns and thought I was picking the correct combination/splits for 5/59. But all I have been getting is 1 or 2 match - which means $0.

What would you experts suggest, should I switch to QuickPick or keep on doing what I have been so far - because theortically, the chances of any match are same no matter how we choose the number.

What say you?

United States
    Member #68002
    December 10, 2008
    477 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2009, 11:05 am - IP Logged

You've actually been doing better than quick-picks if your getting a couple of numbers on a regular basis you won't get that from quick-picks.

Icezkube's avatar - icezkube Avatar.jpg
      Bay Area 510 , California
      United States
      Member #64283
      August 23, 2008
      194 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2009, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

If i was you, i would continue what your doing. Its only a matter of time b4 you get better higher hits from your numbers. Picking your own numbers just seems more better as your the who can say if you win "yup i was the one that choose those numbers :)" 

Quick picks are just that quick! but that dosent make they are any better, at least for me.  Sometimes for me it feels like the QP is riged to choose wrong numbers lol

Anything is yours, if you only want it hard enough. Just think of it. ANYTHING. Try IT. You will succeed.Wink

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23275 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2009, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2009, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

For last couple of months, I have (tried to) analyze the PB number patterns and thought I was picking the correct combination/splits for 5/59. But all I have been getting is 1 or 2 match - which means $0.

What would you experts suggest, should I switch to QuickPick or keep on doing what I have been so far - because theortically, the chances of any match are same no matter how we choose the number.

What say you?

What would you experts suggest.....

How do you qualify expert?  Someone who has been playing and losing longer than you?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #24439
            October 22, 2005
            638 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2009, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I would say develop a full proof winning system but that seems to be impossible.

But for me for what it is worth, I would switch to QPs

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
              West Side of Sunny Florida
              United States
              Member #55048
              September 8, 2007
              3371 Posts
              Posted: June 30, 2009, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

What would you experts suggest.....

How do you qualify expert?  Someone who has been playing and losing longer than you?

That would make me a Platinum Level Expert Thumbs Up

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                Chicago
                United States
                Member #70678
                February 8, 2009
                889 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2009, 11:49 am - IP Logged

What say you?

Don't switch to QP's......continue to analyze and maybe vary your play style a little    i.e.   do you always play a set amount of odd/even or low and high numbers? Do you always play all hot numbers and or a set amount of hot/cold numbers? Do you always play one number from each number group? (1-9  10-19 20-29 etc) I'm NOT saying the above examples are how you should be picking your numbers but if you have a set way of picking your numbers every time maybe you need to take another look at that.

A few months isn't a very long time to be analyzing especially in a game with 59 numbers. Keep watching the numbers...you may start to notice other patterns.

And if you choose to stop analyzing....LOL just my opinion but I think you would have a better chance of winning picking numbers off the top of your head than letting a machine do it for you.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5615 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2009, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Don't switch to QP's......continue to analyze and maybe vary your play style a little    i.e.   do you always play a set amount of odd/even or low and high numbers? Do you always play all hot numbers and or a set amount of hot/cold numbers? Do you always play one number from each number group? (1-9  10-19 20-29 etc) I'm NOT saying the above examples are how you should be picking your numbers but if you have a set way of picking your numbers every time maybe you need to take another look at that.

A few months isn't a very long time to be analyzing especially in a game with 59 numbers. Keep watching the numbers...you may start to notice other patterns.

And if you choose to stop analyzing....LOL just my opinion but I think you would have a better chance of winning picking numbers off the top of your head than letting a machine do it for you.

The phrase "picking numbers off the top of your head" just made me realize something. I play Maddog's PB and MM challenges. Now in real life I play MM but I rarely play PB. Looking at fja's stats, I do better in PB than in MM. I play the same numbers in MM almost all the time. I always pick my PB numbers off the top of my head when I post them.

Maybe it's time for a change in strategy.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2009, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

That would make me a Platinum Level Expert Thumbs Up

As a Platinum Level Expert Thumbs Up, what would you suggest?

As someone who has been playing and losing over 15 years, I would try them both, track them both and choose the one that gets the best results.

Evil Looking       

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22971 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2009, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Any qp PB I buy is junk.

NEVER have won more than $20.00

I don't study patterns w/ pb I think I'd wind up with a headache.

If you have the time, keep some records, get some good numbers and try them for awhile.

Never know until you try.

If it's worth anything toward your decision to stay qp or not, I played qp in advance for a week

@ $5.00/day on our daily jp game and won.

Qp's do work.

Qp PB's haven't for me yet.

Good luck to you.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #56506
                        November 21, 2007
                        6537 Posts
                        Posted: July 10, 2009, 11:57 am - IP Logged

What say you?

Most times I play my own numbers, but every now and then I play quick picks. So far, I have won more money with my own picks over quick picks, but there is nothing wrong with playing quick picks of course. Look at all the people who win playing quick picks. However, if given the choice, I prefer to play my own picks over the computer picking them. Maybe you should do some quicks picks and your own picks. Yes Nod

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
                          Member #76285
                          June 23, 2009
                          16 Posts
                          Posted: July 15, 2009, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for sharing your views. This is what I'm getting into:

Anyone playing PB/MM (or any other lottery) expect one of the two possibilities:

1) Expectation that, the number he picks will be chosen by the lottery machine (most likely QP)

2) The player wants to predict the number that will be chosen by the lottery machine (most likely own numbers)

There are about 70% of the people who play QP, and almost same %age of people win by playing QP.

Out of the remaining 30% of the people who win by choosing their own numbers - have almost all the times - pick(ed) their number based on their/their families date of bith, or the date/number of siginificance to them. I haven't seen any big winner's claim that he selected the number on random or probability that such numbers will won.

So, the point I'm trying to make here is, when no-one in the histroy has been able to win by "predicting" the numbers - is it even worth spending money on lotto software or the time to analyze what numbers might be the winning numbers next?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: July 15, 2009, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for sharing your views. This is what I'm getting into:

Anyone playing PB/MM (or any other lottery) expect one of the two possibilities:

1) Expectation that, the number he picks will be chosen by the lottery machine (most likely QP)

2) The player wants to predict the number that will be chosen by the lottery machine (most likely own numbers)

There are about 70% of the people who play QP, and almost same %age of people win by playing QP.

Out of the remaining 30% of the people who win by choosing their own numbers - have almost all the times - pick(ed) their number based on their/their families date of bith, or the date/number of siginificance to them. I haven't seen any big winner's claim that he selected the number on random or probability that such numbers will won.

So, the point I'm trying to make here is, when no-one in the histroy has been able to win by "predicting" the numbers - is it even worth spending money on lotto software or the time to analyze what numbers might be the winning numbers next?

If you were trying to point out that you weren't aware of any winner ever saying he had predicted the outcome of lottery drawing and won, why did you make the above post to start this thread?

Read the news story "Newspaper: Big lottery winners are rare"  http://www.lotterypost.com/news/197031

You'll read about Steve Granger,a three-time winner who has developed a system that works for him.  He watches the numbers for patterns and then buys multiple tickets when he thinks he sees a trigger points.   He obviously think the time he spent analyzing past winners has paid off for him.   Just because others haven't share their winning theories doesn't mean they don't exist.

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #76285
                              June 23, 2009
                              16 Posts
                              Posted: July 15, 2009, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

" If you were trying to point out that you weren't aware of any winner ever saying he had predicted the outcome of lottery drawing and won, why did you make the above post to start this thread?"

The answer lies in your own post. If others cant do it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'm new to the lottery - started playing just about couple of months ago. I wanted to share other people's thoughts on this topic -  and thats why started the post. Then, I simply put in my thoughts into this - just like others.

I dont see any reason why you should be offended by this - and ask the very existence of the question itself. Isn't the whole point of discussion is to put together everyone's ideas?