Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Switch to Quick Pick

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19818 Posts
Posted: July 15, 2009, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

" If you were trying to point out that you weren't aware of any winner ever saying he had predicted the outcome of lottery drawing and won, why did you make the above post to start this thread?"

The answer lies in your own post. If others cant do it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'm new to the lottery - started playing just about couple of months ago. I wanted to share other people's thoughts on this topic -  and thats why started the post. Then, I simply put in my thoughts into this - just like others.

I dont see any reason why you should be offended by this - and ask the very existence of the question itself. Isn't the whole point of discussion is to put together everyone's ideas?

I wasn't offended by your question but was just wondering why you didn't state your opinions and your reasoning at the beginning of the thread.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #76285
    June 23, 2009
    16 Posts
    Posted: July 15, 2009, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I wasn't offended by your question but was just wondering why you didn't state your opinions and your reasoning at the beginning of the thread.

Because I didn't want to start something with my own opinion. I thought its better to put a question, rather putting my opinion.

Now, it should not be concluded from my 2nd post that I'm against picking own numbers. The idea of my 2nd post was to expand the discussion, to determine which could be the more effective way of playing.

We all play with limited budget each month (I guess), so allocating the resources in the most effective possible way would be helpful to each one. Discussing the pros and cons of QP/Own Number would not hurt anyone - we learn from other people's experiences.

Thanks for sharing your views.

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
      Member #48046
      December 7, 2006
      1699 Posts
      Posted: July 15, 2009, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Red Squash

I'm  lucky enough to live in a State,  where,  on the play slips,

You're able to pick a few numbers and then Q-pick the rest, in a play

So.... even though I might be bound, and determined,  on a few numbers,

I still want Luck (Marcie),   and a little Random,

I've never hit the Big One,  But it keeps me "fevered" up enough to keep playing.

Check the back of your play slips and see if it's possible, where you live.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19818 Posts
        Posted: July 15, 2009, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Because I didn't want to start something with my own opinion. I thought its better to put a question, rather putting my opinion.

Now, it should not be concluded from my 2nd post that I'm against picking own numbers. The idea of my 2nd post was to expand the discussion, to determine which could be the more effective way of playing.

We all play with limited budget each month (I guess), so allocating the resources in the most effective possible way would be helpful to each one. Discussing the pros and cons of QP/Own Number would not hurt anyone - we learn from other people's experiences.

Thanks for sharing your views.

We all play with limited budget each month (I guess),

When I play the lotteries, I usually buy 5-20 lines but I don't consider myself on a limited budget but playing a practical amount of lines considering the odds of winning.  When I've read about past lottery winners I haven't noticed lottery pools buying a lot more tickets than individual players winning more jackpots.  Even here at LP when checking top predictors I haven't noticed premium members who can post 50 lines per game having an advantage over regular members who are limited to 10 lines per game.  While playing more than 20 lines may improve the odds of winning something, the prizes won usually don't cover even 10% of the increased expense.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking