Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Been wanting to know the answer to this for years...

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 7 years ago by PERDUE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2009, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if i am correct or not [that's why i am asking], but i've been meaning to know the answer to this lottery question...

Let's say you KNEW for sure that 2 or 3 numbers out of Powerball/MMillions where coming on the next drawing, and you was certain and you was correct....Could you some how wheeled or group it with other numbers it in a matter not seen before and get the 5/5? Like with some kind of wheel or numbers grouping or number structuring...

my question to you all is, could this be possible? I don't know if anyone has touched that subject...

Like 3 years ago [2005 i think], i read something not really similar on a website but the information was limited...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2009, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if i am correct or not [that's why i am asking], but i've been meaning to know the answer to this lottery question...

Let's say you KNEW for sure that 2 or 3 numbers out of Powerball/MMillions where coming on the next drawing, and you was certain and you was correct....Could you some how wheeled or group it with other numbers it in a matter not seen before and get the 5/5? Like with some kind of wheel or numbers grouping or number structuring...

my question to you all is, could this be possible? I don't know if anyone has touched that subject...

Like 3 years ago [2005 i think], i read something not really similar on a website but the information was limited...

So you are talking only about the 5 main numbers and not about the 5 + 1?

5 out of 5 does not pay that much unless you are on a state like Tx where with 1 more Dollar per number you can MegaPly smaller wins such as 5 out of 5 from 1/4 Million to 1 Million.

2 out of 5 not enough I guess, but maybe 3 or better yet 4 out of 5, yes you can wheel, but you probably will get way too many combinations, I don't know, let us see:

54X54= 2916

54x54x54= 157,464.

It better be 2 or 3 for sure if a profit is needed.

--------

Such a thing would be better used together with other techniques for some reduction of combinations, one such of possible great help would or might be:

-------. Yes, I better don't mention it, things would have to be tried with past draws first and then with future draws, but without buying any tickets and many times to see if it would really work or not.

A proper filtered  wheeler would be needed to put everything together with.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

L J1's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #54181
      August 8, 2007
      123 Posts
      Posted: June 27, 2009, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

I think I'm misunderstanding the question.

I'm not clear on 2 or 3 numbers matching 5 out of 5 on the main field of numbers... for example, Mega Millions main 5/56 field.

Balance is Key

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: June 27, 2009, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

If you knew two numbers were going to be drawn for sure it would give you quite an advantage.

For MegaMillions with 56 numbers you would have 2 key numbers plus the possible combinations of 3of54 or 24,804 possible combinations to match 5of5.

For PowerBall with 59 numbers you would have 2 key numbers plus the possible combinations of 3of57 or 29,260 possible combinations to match 5of5.

In a MegaMillion state your prize would $250K and in a PowerBall state it would be $200K or $1M with powerplay.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

L J1's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #54181
          August 8, 2007
          123 Posts
          Posted: June 27, 2009, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

If you knew two numbers were going to be drawn for sure it would give you quite an advantage.

For MegaMillions with 56 numbers you would have 2 key numbers plus the possible combinations of 3of54 or 24,804 possible combinations to match 5of5.

For PowerBall with 59 numbers you would have 2 key numbers plus the possible combinations of 3of57 or 29,260 possible combinations to match 5of5.

In a MegaMillion state your prize would $250K and in a PowerBall state it would be $200K or $1M with powerplay.

Got it!! Never thought of it with Key Numbers. Just thinking of th hunch.

Balance is Key

paurths's avatar - underground
            Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
            Belgium
            Member #19287
            July 29, 2005
            2254 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2009, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Hi,

i don't know how much it costs to play MM or powerball, but here's an example for the belgian lotto.
            It is a 6/42 game.
            One ticket costs 0.5 euro and the prizes start at 3 correct numbers.
            The prize for 3 correct numbers is fixed, it is 2.5 euro.

So, in this case, if one would be certain of 3 numbers, each draw, one could not care less for all 6, because one would only need 3 to become a millionnaire.

Draw 1: 5 euro = 10 tickets - win 10 times 2.5 euro = 25 euro
            Draw 2: 25 euro = 50 tickets - win 50 times 2.5 euro = 125 euro
            Draw 3: 125 euro = 250 tickets - win 250 times 2.5 euro = 625 euro
            Draw 4: 625 euro = 1250 tickets - win 1250 times 2.5 euro = 3125 euro
            Draw 5: 3125 euro = 6250 tickets - win 6250 times 2.5 euro = 15625 euro
            and so on...

The only problem would be to fill in that many tickets (even if one would print them using software, you still need to validate them), and the fact that it is all automated they would soon "track you down" (and buy you out of the game)

So there would be 2 goals: keep getting those 3 correct numbers each time,
            and remain in low profile, keep the winnings down to  level that is acceptable and validate them in several different stores all over the country (belgium is pretty small lol)

cheers
            Ricky

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

johnph77's avatar - avatar
              CA
              United States
              Member #2987
              December 10, 2003
              832 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2009, 4:00 am - IP Logged

Hi,

i don't know how much it costs to play MM or powerball, but here's an example for the belgian lotto.
              It is a 6/42 game.
              One ticket costs 0.5 euro and the prizes start at 3 correct numbers.
              The prize for 3 correct numbers is fixed, it is 2.5 euro.

So, in this case, if one would be certain of 3 numbers, each draw, one could not care less for all 6, because one would only need 3 to become a millionnaire.

Draw 1: 5 euro = 10 tickets - win 10 times 2.5 euro = 25 euro
              Draw 2: 25 euro = 50 tickets - win 50 times 2.5 euro = 125 euro
              Draw 3: 125 euro = 250 tickets - win 250 times 2.5 euro = 625 euro
              Draw 4: 625 euro = 1250 tickets - win 1250 times 2.5 euro = 3125 euro
              Draw 5: 3125 euro = 6250 tickets - win 6250 times 2.5 euro = 15625 euro
              and so on...

The only problem would be to fill in that many tickets (even if one would print them using software, you still need to validate them), and the fact that it is all automated they would soon "track you down" (and buy you out of the game)

So there would be 2 goals: keep getting those 3 correct numbers each time,
              and remain in low profile, keep the winnings down to  level that is acceptable and validate them in several different stores all over the country (belgium is pretty small lol)

cheers
              Ricky

OTOH, you could play one draw 9,139 times - the number of possibilities in a 3/39 draw - and win every prize on the books - jackpot once and everything else multiple times.

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Belgium
                Member #19287
                July 29, 2005
                2254 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2009, 6:48 am - IP Logged

OTOH, you could play one draw 9,139 times - the number of possibilities in a 3/39 draw - and win every prize on the books - jackpot once and everything else multiple times.

I think you are missing the point of what i posted...

cheers
                Ricky

lasas3

United States
                  Member #24439
                  October 22, 2005
                  638 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2009, 7:29 am - IP Logged

What you posted is close to impossible ie getting 3 numbers correct 10 or more drawings in a row.

United States
                    Member #24439
                    October 22, 2005
                    638 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2009, 7:37 am - IP Logged

I would take those two or three numbers go to the store and quick pick the remainning 3 or 2 numbers.

The way I see it, if you cover your odds, luck has a better chance of covering the rest of the odds for you.

Belgium
                      Member #19287
                      July 29, 2005
                      2254 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2009, 8:57 am - IP Logged

What you posted is close to impossible ie getting 3 numbers correct 10 or more drawings in a row.

What i posted was a response to the openingpost : Let's say you KNEW for sure that 2 or 3 numbers out o...

lasas3

United States
                        Member #24439
                        October 22, 2005
                        638 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2009, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

yea but he didn't say that he will know 2 or 3 numbers is current every drawing. It is more of a hunch, you know lottery, random etc.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                          Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2009, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Too bad pumpi that there is really no way to know for sure not even 1 number.

It is all a chance, some chances might be better than others, but chances they still are.

But what people said is right if there was a way to know for sure.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Belgium
                            Member #19287
                            July 29, 2005
                            2254 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2009, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

yea but he didn't say that he will know 2 or 3 numbers is current every drawing. It is more of a hunch, you know lottery, random etc.

Oops, thought TS wrote "knew for sure"... must be my eyes playing tricks on me...

lasas3

Gent
                              Belgium
                              Member #73987
                              April 30, 2009
                              33 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2009, 8:53 am - IP Logged

Oops, thought TS wrote "knew for sure"... must be my eyes playing tricks on me...

Yep Paurths, my eyes are playing the same trick on me I Agree!

So, if you would indeed KNOW 2 of the 5 numbers to hit for sure, you can make a full wheel with 2 key (or power) numbers. To cover all possible combinationsn, and therefore be sure to win the jackpot, it would take:

17.296 tickets in a 5/50 lottery

12.341 tickets in a 5/45 lottery

8.436 tickets in a 5/40 lottery

5.456 tickets in a 5/35 lottery

and 3.276 tickets tickets in a 5/30 lottery

Hope this is helpful in some way.

BTW: @ Paurths, any luck finding a 'system' in the Belgian Lotto? Maybe you could PM me (to keep this thread on topic) to exchange some ideas?