Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Clear your cache the get latest text editor updates

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by LAVERNE MALONEY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23352 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2009, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I have made some updates to the text editor, particularly to the paste abilities.

You can ensure that you have all the changes on your PC by doing 2 things:

1. Clear your cache (instructions here).
  2. The next time you go to the text editor (for example, by clicking Reply), press Ctrl+F5 (on Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome browsers) or press and hold the Ctrl key while clicking the Refresh button on the browser (on Safari or Opera).  That will do a "hard-refresh" to ensure you have downloaded the latest code.  But be sure to do step #1 first.

Some notes on pasting:

1. If you are pasting from Excel and you want to keep all the color and other formatting you have done, click the Paste from Word button (has a little "W" on it), and paste the spreadsheet in the box that opens.  That is the best way to keep the styles from Excel.
  2. If pasting from Excel as plain text, simply press Ctrl+V, as you would do with any paste.
  3. If pasting from Word, simply press Ctrl+V, as you would do with any paste.  Don't bother clicking Paste from Word.
  4. If you are pasting text from another web site, I recommend first clicking the Paste Text button (has a little "T" on it), which puts your next paste in "plain text" mode, then press Ctrl+V to paste the content.  Doing this will avoid all the "junk" that gets brought over from the other site, and just leaves the text.
  5. For anything else, just press Ctrl+V.  The new paste module does a much better job of cleaning up content.

Some people wrote to me yesterday about content from Lottery Post not being pasted correctly.  That should be fixed now.  Just be sure to do the two steps above so that you're using the new code.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Jack-C's avatar - us
    San Diego, CA
    United States
    Member #61467
    May 24, 2008
    28146 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2009, 3:05 pm - IP Logged
      CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #4924
      June 3, 2004
      5972 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2009, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Very good, thanks Todd.

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23352 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2009, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks.

I thought I'd also mention that the lottery results search engine has been updated to once again work with old links.  Some people had found that once I updated the page, their old links stopped working.

The updated search page will recognize an old link, and it changes the link to what it should look like.

I recommend that if you use old links to the lottery results search page, once you open the the bookmark and see that it is working, update your bookmark to save the new address.  That way, if it changes again in the future, your link should continue working.

Hopefully that's not too confusing. Crazy

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23352 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2009, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

BTW, I forgot to add one more thing:

With the updates to the editor, it really helps out the ability to use the Google Chrome Web browser, which was previously having some difficulties with the editor.

Within the past couple of months I have really become quite happy with the Google Chrome Web browser, finding it to be incredibly fast and stable.  I also love the way the tabs appear at the top, and how they can be manipulated.

I have found the experience at Lottery Post to be much better when using Chrome, just because everything happens so much snappier than with IE.  So if you have not yet tried using Google Chrome, I would strongly recommend giving it a go.

http://www.google.com/chrome

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
            Member #1987
            August 5, 2003
            8968 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2009, 9:02 pm - IP Logged