Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do You Ever Travel A Far Distance To Buy Lottery Tickets?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 7 years ago by gonnawinwatchme.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #58528
February 18, 2008
710 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2009, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Yep I traveled up to Franklin, Kentucky in the 90s to buy lotto tickets..  I won $40.00

Which paid for my gas up there from TN.  My family name was Franklin and I thought it might be lucky.Big Smile  Duh!!

Should have stayed home.

Joey

Hell,just change your name to Luciano,maybe you'll get Lucky.Wink

DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #68398
    December 20, 2008
    81 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2009, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

if so i'd love to hear stories.the arkansas border is about twenty or thirty minutes from me and i'll be traveling there on a regular basis hopefully.

I like collecting tickets from other states, but recently I haven't intentionally bought them from other states unless I've been close to the border.  So far I have bought tickets MD, PA, OH, IN and KY. I wish I had this desire back when I was traveling extensively for work then I would have a TON more states added to my collection.

Kennesaw, GA
      United States
      Member #62138
      June 18, 2008
      1414 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2009, 8:00 am - IP Logged

yeah i live an hour south of the tn border in georgia, and from time to time to drive when the powerball gets up there..i hit 4 of 5 in the pick 5 off my own numbers on one visit!!!! it would have been awesome if i hit all 5, life for me would be a whole lot different.. but i WILL get it next time!!!!

If you live in the Kennesaw/Marietta/woodstock area and would like to play some tn games when i take the drive send me a message...Last time i was up there i remember a guy infront of me telling the clerk he drove an hour to come play (thats when the powerball was high) i asked him where from and he was from the same town as me, lol we could have carpooled, lol..i forgot to get his name and number but im sure next time around

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
        Pittsburg, Ks
        United States
        Member #3382
        January 17, 2004
        83224 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2009, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

If you live in the Kennesaw/Marietta/woodstock area and would like to play some tn games when i take the drive send me a message...Last time i was up there i remember a guy infront of me telling the clerk he drove an hour to come play (thats when the powerball was high) i asked him where from and he was from the same town as me, lol we could have carpooled, lol..i forgot to get his name and number but im sure next time around

I was going on vacation to Las Vegas with some friends and since we drove out there and when we stopped for gas or to eat wherever we were and buy a couple of scatch off tickets to take back as souvinirs for some friends. They told me they had won $1 on the tickets.

God Bless America

US Flag

United States
          Member #54390
          August 17, 2007
          313 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2009, 6:06 am - IP Logged

Don't know if this counts but I have Lotto slips from South Korea and Japan.

South Korean and Japanese lotto stinks because 3-6 people always share the small jackpot.

Kennesaw, GA
            United States
            Member #62138
            June 18, 2008
            1414 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2009, 7:54 am - IP Logged

Don't know if this counts but I have Lotto slips from South Korea and Japan.

South Korean and Japanese lotto stinks because 3-6 people always share the small jackpot.

how does that stink if they have to share? a win is a win, who care if u have to share lol,  its probably more than they had to begin with....I would glad share any mega million/ powerball jackpot prize

Kennesaw, GA
              United States
              Member #62138
              June 18, 2008
              1414 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2009, 8:42 am - IP Logged

im making a drive this evening to the TN border, powerball is at a nice amount.. if u life in the kennesaw/marietta area and u want me to play some numbers for you let me  know Smile

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5763 Posts
                Posted: July 25, 2009, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Sometimes drive an hour to OK to play PB. In fact, if it rolls tonight, I might go next week and play Hot Lotto also if it rolls too.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                  A long and winding road
                  United States
                  Member #17084
                  June 10, 2005
                  4580 Posts
                  Posted: July 25, 2009, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Until recently if I was in the Newjersey area, I would buy megamillions I no longer do such with the new tax law.

When visiting in  Nevada, I drove over to California to play SuperLotto and MegaMillions. Beleive it or not I won 56$ on the Superlotto. Had to do claim via mail and it was only two weeks til they cut and sent a check!Spent about 40$ in gas though to drive there

When visiting friends in Cinci (OH), we drove to tennessee and Kentucky to play some of their games. Was fun to just travel and pick up some tickets.

Now I go as far as Maryland to get MegaMillions. (60 MILES round trip) ANd there version of Multi Match.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #57222
                    December 23, 2007
                    587 Posts
                    Posted: July 26, 2009, 8:48 am - IP Logged

if so i'd love to hear stories.the arkansas border is about twenty or thirty minutes from me and i'll be traveling there on a regular basis hopefully.

Hey Lottomike

ALL the time! There are a few of  "Lucky Retailers"  that are over  forty- fifity miles away from my home.  I often do. (just for a nice drive hahahahah)   But not for my regular numbers.  I have a favorite store for those which is only about three miles from my home.  but sometimes I get a "feeling" for QPs when I do I go to my favorite cities.  One of my favorite cities just hit for 99K on fantasy five.  But I really depend on my own pick since I play them ALL the time-  I prefer to play those at my own favorite retailer and it doesnt cost me an extra ten dollars in gas.  Besides the 4/5 I just hit was at my favorite store and my own numbers so I guess Im doing okay.

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #58835
                      February 27, 2008
                      148 Posts
                      Posted: July 27, 2009, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Yes, but it's rare.  I live about 20-30 minutes from the Illinois border, so if the jackpot is high, I'll head down there and get a couple Mega Millions.  Right now, it's $60 million...not enough for me to travel.  Once it hits  $100 million, then I'll go.