Florida Lottery Raffle drawing crowns 7 new millionaires

Jul 5, 2009, 12:30 am (25 comments)

Florida Lottery

750,000 Florida Lottery raffle tickets had a shot at winning $1 million, and seven of those are officially chosen as the big winners.

Lottery players anxiously waiting to see if they are now among the wealthy can check their tickets at Lottery Post's Florida Lottery Results page (www.lotterypost.com/results/fl).

With only 750,000 tickets available for the Firecracker Millionaire Raffle, Florida lottery ticket buyers had a better chance of winning a million dollars than with any other game offered in the state.

In addition to the top prize, there are also 9 prizes of $50,000, 11 prizes of $5,000, and 1,000 prizes of $500.  The odds of winning a prize is 1 in 730.

Firecracker Millionaire Raffle tickets cost $20 each. Sales started Friday, May 15, 2009 and all 750,000 tickets were sold prior to the drawing.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

MaddMike51

Congrats to the 7 lucky winners!

florida73

Congratulations to all the winners!!!

I wonder if there are any Floridians on this forum and bought the Firecracker raffle. If you did, could you count if you had seven digits on your ticket. All the winning tickets consisted of seven digits. I bought mine and it didn't consist of the seven digits. Just wondering. Thank you.

FLKids

How many numbers did you have on the Firecracker raffle???

florida73

Quote: Originally posted by FLKids on Jul 6, 2009

How many numbers did you have on the Firecracker raffle???

Only 6 digits. Did you buy the raffle?

GamerMom's avatarGamerMom

and I won not a dime, again.  I waited until the day before to buy a ticket too because I thought it was pointles...*sigh*

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

per the Florida Firecracker game rules :" Tickets from 000001 to 750000 will be issued in sequential order."

No where does it say it will contain 7 digits. If someone had a ticket with seven digits they need to go back to the store that issued it and file a fraud claim against that store. ( Just kidding, since its doubtful a seven digit one was printed/or legitimate)

florida73

Quote: Originally posted by TheGameGrl on Jul 6, 2009

per the Florida Firecracker game rules :" Tickets from 000001 to 750000 will be issued in sequential order."

No where does it say it will contain 7 digits. If someone had a ticket with seven digits they need to go back to the store that issued it and file a fraud claim against that store. ( Just kidding, since its doubtful a seven digit one was printed/or legitimate)

All the winning tickets had 7 digits. I counted very carefully before raising my issue. Not a single ticket had 6 digits. Are they running a fraud here?

justxploring's avatarjustxploring

That's not true.  What in the world are you talking about?  What?

Anyway, that's not why I'm posting today.  Here is a quote from a press release about one of the winners.

Bush purchased his winning ticket at Circle K, located at 3664 Nova Road in Port Orange. Winning is not new to Bush, who is a regular Florida Lottery player. He purchased a BILLION DOLLAR BLOCKBUSTER ticket on his way to Lottery Headquarters and instantly won $1,000. He also won $500,000 in the GOLD RUSH Scratch-Off game in 2007.

Wow!  First he won $500,000 in 2007 and now he just won $$1,000,000.  Lucky guy!

Quote: Originally posted by florida73 on Jul 6, 2009

Only 6 digits. Did you buy the raffle?

How could you have 6 of the numbers?  First of all, it's not the same as Lotto or Powerball.  The number of digits you have doesn't matter.  It's a raffle, which means the numbers are printed in order like 000001, 000002, 000003 up to 750000.   You either get the winning number or you don't.  If you have , for example, 603437, you didn't get 5 out of 6 just because 603436 won $1,000,000.  It isn't 6-0-3-4-3-6.   If your number wasn't picked, then you didn't get any of the numbers.

x1kosmic's avatarx1kosmic

I'm thinking the Zero in front of the number is throwing off their digital counting.

Quote: Originally posted by x1kosmic on Jul 7, 2009

I'm thinking the Zero in front of the number is throwing off their digital counting.

It took me a while to figure out what you meant by this post.   I was looking at the local newspaper and the Florida website.  You are referring to the results on Lottery Post I guess.  I don't see why it matters that 7 digits (all beginning with 0) are posted.  Maybe Todd is using the same program for other games where 1,000,000 tickets are printed.  So what?  The results on Lottery Post are still 100% accurate as always. 

As I previously wrote (and as I just noticed GameGrl mentioned in her post too) there were 750,000 tickets printed in order starting with number 1.  Whether there were 750,000 or 7,500,000 tickets printed, I don't see why it makes any difference, because if number 8 won, it still is number 8, the 8th ticket printed.  If number 530 was drawn, it doesn't matter if someone posts that 530 won or 0530 or 00530 or 000530 or 000000530.  Does it?  (it's not 5-3-0)  In any case, even if you got 531, with or without the zeros, you didn't get any of the numbers.  It's not a game where 6 different balls are picked.

x1kosmic's avatarx1kosmic

Quote: Originally posted by justxploring on Jul 7, 2009

It took me a while to figure out what you meant by this post.   I was looking at the local newspaper and the Florida website.  You are referring to the results on Lottery Post I guess.  I don't see why it matters that 7 digits (all beginning with 0) are posted.  Maybe Todd is using the same program for other games where 1,000,000 tickets are printed.  So what?  The results on Lottery Post are still 100% accurate as always. 

As I previously wrote (and as I just noticed GameGrl mentioned in her post too) there were 750,000 tickets printed in order starting with number 1.  Whether there were 750,000 or 7,500,000 tickets printed, I don't see why it makes any difference, because if number 8 won, it still is number 8, the 8th ticket printed.  If number 530 was drawn, it doesn't matter if someone posts that 530 won or 0530 or 00530 or 000530 or 000000530.  Does it?  (it's not 5-3-0)  In any case, even if you got 531, with or without the zeros, you didn't get any of the numbers.  It's not a game where 6 different balls are picked.

I Agree!   and yes I was going by LP results,   I too was curios as to what the meant.

it was like that on the Fla Lottery website to begin w/ too but it is now corrected.  They have an entry box where you can put in your ticket number to check it.

Todd's avatarTodd

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that people are getting thrown by a leading zero!  The official Florida results have a leading zero, so I put it there also.  This is not something unique to Lottery Post, despite justexploring's statement that it is.  

Unlike the official Florida site, I added a feature to remove the leading zero if it is such a confusing concept.  I have no idea why there is a single complaint on this, I really don't.  I think maybe people like to think there is a conspiracy because they didn't win.

Todd, I don't see how you could possibly view my comment as negative or a criticism of your software.   I was offering an explanation and even said that the results you post are always accurate.   I also didn't say using a zero in front of a number was unique to Lottery Post.  I have a Fantasy 5 ticket in front of me now and the 2 is 02.  If it was 0002, it would still be 2, right?   I was only trying to figure out what the complaint was all about, since it didn't make any sense to me, especially the comment about getting 5 or 6 numbers right when each raffle ticket is only one unique number.  I mean, that would be like saying I'm 58 years old and an 8 year old telling me he's half my age. LOL  I'm sure I don't have to explain that to you.  Think you just like to pick on me, even when I'm complimenting you.

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

Justexploring, Text can be so mis-interpreting. I followed your post and considered your commentaries to contain sources of reasonings for circumstances and not a judgment call. I Like it that you try to give different examples of how something can be, and then you allow the folks to come to their own reasonable conclusion (or not sometimes...).

My only befuddlement was when the poster said They SAW all seven wining  tickets that had seven digits. THat befuddled me because in order to confirm that ,the person would have had to have  possession of the actual winning tickets to make such a claim.  But then again, I could have mis-interpreted the posters intent when conveying the concern.

I can understand the confusion.  Winning tickets tend to be scrutinzed very closely so if I had a "winning" ticket with a 0 in front of it I would be majorly po'd if I drove to Tallahasse and they told me it wasn't a winner b/c a zero was in the front of it.  I'm not sure why they had to put the zeros there to begin with

Todd's avatarTodd

Todd, I don't see how you could possibly view my comment as negative or a criticism of your software.   I was offering an explanation and even said that the results you post are always accurate.   I also didn't say using a zero in front of a number was unique to Lottery Post.  I have a Fantasy 5 ticket in front of me now and the 2 is 02.  If it was 0002, it would still be 2, right?   I was only trying to figure out what the complaint was all about, since it didn't make any sense to me, especially the comment about getting 5 or 6 numbers right when each raffle ticket is only one unique number.  I mean, that would be like saying I'm 58 years old and an 8 year old telling me he's half my age. LOL  I'm sure I don't have to explain that to you.  Think you just like to pick on me, even when I'm complimenting you.

Justexploring, I'm not sure how you could say that my comment implied that you were posting a negative comment or a criticism of my software.  I simply said that you stated in an incorrect fact, which is that Lottery Post was alone in showing a leading zero.  So, unlike what you said, the official Florida results also included a leading zero.

FLKids

Florida73     Great Job :)  Now try to find someone to take what you and I have and be very careful if its true?    Todd you seen to be quite intelligent yourself.  Glad this post is here to write on.  Keep up the good work people.

truecritic's avatartruecritic

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Jul 8, 2009

Justexploring, I'm not sure how you could say that my comment implied that you were posting a negative comment or a criticism of my software.  I simply said that you stated in an incorrect fact, which is that Lottery Post was alone in showing a leading zero.  So, unlike what you said, the official Florida results also included a leading zero.

Me thinks there was a misunderstanding.

Quote Todd, 1st post.  "This is not something unique to Lottery Post, despite justexploring's statement that it is."

Quote justexploring regarding the OP's statement of 7 digits.  "Maybe Todd is using the same program for other games where 1,000,000 tickets are printed."

After carefully reading justexploring's comment, I don't think there is any implication by her, that Lottery Post is the only place using a leading zero.

It would be good to hear from the OP with a more detailed account of just what was meant by 7 digits and the source of the discovery.

FLKids

Where could one go if they can prove something is wrong with a lottery?    Please don't say, take the ticket back to the store!!!!       One might think there is NO WAY this can happen or be proven. WRONG,  (1 very Large error has been fixed already by the fl lottery).

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by truecritic on Jul 8, 2009

Me thinks there was a misunderstanding.

Quote Todd, 1st post.  "This is not something unique to Lottery Post, despite justexploring's statement that it is."

Quote justexploring regarding the OP's statement of 7 digits.  "Maybe Todd is using the same program for other games where 1,000,000 tickets are printed."

After carefully reading justexploring's comment, I don't think there is any implication by her, that Lottery Post is the only place using a leading zero.

It would be good to hear from the OP with a more detailed account of just what was meant by 7 digits and the source of the discovery.

No, I believe the misunderstanding is yours truecritic.

The statement made by justexploring was:

"It took me a while to figure out what you meant by this post.   I was looking at the local newspaper and the Florida website.  You are referring to the results on Lottery Post I guess."

Any human being with a basic understanding in language would take this to mean that both the local newspaper and the Florida web site have the results displayed in a different manner than Lottery Post.  That is an untrue statement, since I obtained the results directly from the Florida lottery, and verified multiple times that their results include a leading zero.

Moreover, unlike the official results from the Florida Lottery, Lottery Post's results have a feature that allows anyone to remove the leading zero.  So perhaps Justexploring's statement should have been, "You are referring to the official results on the Florida website I guess."

These kinds of off-topic posts normally snowball when people pile on and keep adding new and slightly off-kilter perspectives, so hopefully this is the last off-topic post we'll have to endure.  I corrected Justexploring's statement about the Lottery Post results being different than the official results from the Florida Lottery, and that should have been the end of it, but for some reason she took personal offense to my correction.  Now I think we've gone around the horn with the issue.

truecritic's avatartruecritic

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Jul 8, 2009

No, I believe the misunderstanding is yours truecritic.

The statement made by justexploring was:

"It took me a while to figure out what you meant by this post.   I was looking at the local newspaper and the Florida website.  You are referring to the results on Lottery Post I guess."

Any human being with a basic understanding in language would take this to mean that both the local newspaper and the Florida web site have the results displayed in a different manner than Lottery Post.  That is an untrue statement, since I obtained the results directly from the Florida lottery, and verified multiple times that their results include a leading zero.

Moreover, unlike the official results from the Florida Lottery, Lottery Post's results have a feature that allows anyone to remove the leading zero.  So perhaps Justexploring's statement should have been, "You are referring to the official results on the Florida website I guess."

These kinds of off-topic posts normally snowball when people pile on and keep adding new and slightly off-kilter perspectives, so hopefully this is the last off-topic post we'll have to endure.  I corrected Justexploring's statement about the Lottery Post results being different than the official results from the Florida Lottery, and that should have been the end of it, but for some reason she took personal offense to my correction.  Now I think we've gone around the horn with the issue.

Hmm...scrutinized the wrong statement and completely overlooked the one you were referring to.

I confess I never look at results here at Lottery Post, nor Florida results and personally it wouldn't matter to me about zeros.  I'd still like to know exactly what was on the OP's tickets and why they specifically mentioned 7 digits vs 6 digits.

FLKids

Todd and Truecritic;      You both are right in a way, the two of you make a great pair.  Anyway truecritic if by chance a digit is off, say higher or even lower it can make a differance of ALOT of money for someone / someones. Have a good day people.

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by truecritic on Jul 9, 2009

Hmm...scrutinized the wrong statement and completely overlooked the one you were referring to.

I confess I never look at results here at Lottery Post, nor Florida results and personally it wouldn't matter to me about zeros.  I'd still like to know exactly what was on the OP's tickets and why they specifically mentioned 7 digits vs 6 digits.

Normally if the lottery produces raffle results with a leading zero, I try to build-in the feature to show the results both with an without the leading zero.  

The problem is that because I cannot physically inspect every state's raffle tickets to see how they are printed, I am at the mercy of whatever the lottery publishes.  Therefore, I try to allow both ways of viewing the results, knowing that one way or the other is correct.

Hopefully you'll change your mind about viewing lottery results here at Lottery Post.  I really do try to take care to fix errors that the state lotteries don't bother fixing, as well as providing the results in a very clear manner so there are no mistakes.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story