Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Due to Budget Cuts-California Lottery District Office closed on Fridays

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Santa Ana
United States
Member #71159
February 20, 2009
651 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2009, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

If this is true, then did they just borrowed against the lottery revenue???? This was something we voted very strongly against several months ago and also no one in CA include myself should continue playing if we are getting IOUs for winning the lotto. The fact that they are even thinking about it SUCKS BIG TIMEBash

United States
    Member #58528
    February 18, 2008
    710 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2009, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

If this is true, then did they just borrowed against the lottery revenue???? This was something we voted very strongly against several months ago and also no one in CA include myself should continue playing if we are getting IOUs for winning the lotto. The fact that they are even thinking about it SUCKS BIG TIMEBash

Read the last line in the post.It says that it is BUNK!

LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #74411
      May 10, 2009
      71 Posts
      Posted: July 11, 2009, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

If that's upsetting, you'll really flip if they announce the reduction or elimination of lower tier prizes due to a budget cut or start taxing lottery wins at a higher rate than regular income as they did in New Jersey.

I Agree!  I work for a government agency here in Ohio and we've made some serious budget cuts.  Believe me, this recession is taking it's toll on the entire work force, whether private or government run.  I'm in a position where I have the say so whether we're going to make salary freezes coming in 2010.  People think that because you work for the government that you make tons of money!  Nothing is further from the truth!  We've got to the point where we've made several lay-offs and have had to cut corners just to keep things running.  If you're a working class American, just be thankful you have a job at this time!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3315 Posts
        Posted: July 11, 2009, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

sorry dollar, i was making it up. but still I wouldnt be suprised if something like this happens. Im making an intelligent guess at how things might pan out. so sorry to sress you.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Santa Ana
          United States
          Member #71159
          February 20, 2009
          651 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2009, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

If you won the BIG jackpot, could you wait 36 hours, seriously to redeem ticket, when there are chances you might lose or misplace the ticket even if you sign it during that time waiting to verify it!! If you're patience enough to wait go for it; I definitely am not patience; also there is no need to worry about me completely blowing it--because I will know exactly what do; the complaint is with the State of California for shutting down services at the last minute without any warningBash

DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #68398
            December 20, 2008
            81 Posts
            Posted: July 15, 2009, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

If you won the BIG jackpot, could you wait 36 hours, seriously to redeem ticket, when there are chances you might lose or misplace the ticket even if you sign it during that time waiting to verify it!! If you're patience enough to wait go for it; I definitely am not patience; also there is no need to worry about me completely blowing it--because I will know exactly what do; the complaint is with the State of California for shutting down services at the last minute without any warningBash

Dollar...take a deep breath.  Go get a safe deposit box.  Even though the lottery office is closed, the bank is still open.  You'll be fine. Smile

Santa Ana
              United States
              Member #71159
              February 20, 2009
              651 Posts
              Posted: July 16, 2009, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I'm breathing and I'm fine--thanks for caring- by the way since when did the banks cash lotto tickets???