Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 10:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tennesee cash 3 cash 4 lotto plus pick 5 Rate it!

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 8 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #62741
July 7, 2008
601 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2009, 8:46 am - IP Logged

How would you rate these games from the Tn lottery grade A,B,C,D,F.

I give cash 3 an F reason very very low payouts  a lot of repeat #s.

cash 4  a B  averarge payouts decent #s.

Lotto Plus   I give it a D...It is no fun watching a spaceship shoot out #s

Pick 5    same as lotto plus  Tn would be so much better if they had stuck with the ball draws

Once again Tn is losing money to Ky ,Ga and soon Ark. because of low payouts and low player confidence

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2009, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Now that you've created a new and separate topic for complaining about the payouts in the Tennessee Lottery, please place any future complaints you may have on this topic into this one thread.

I have no problem with people complaining about their lottery, but the last thing anyone wants to read is for those complaints to be sprinkled into every single topic involving their state lottery.

There was a Lottery Post member a few years ago who would complain about the New York Lottery's low payout percentage in every single topic that involved the New York Lottery.  It was fine to complain about the percentage, and he actually had some good points, but it became unbearable to see the same message repeated inappropriately in every single topic.

So I'm mentioning this not to single you out, but just to be sure we prevent every topic about the Tennessee Lottery from turning into a complaint about payouts.  It may well be true -- I'm not disputing any of it -- but people generally are discouraged from discussing anything if they know the discussion will eventually be transformed into a complaint about lottery.

Believe me, I have some serious problems with the Tennessee Lottery, especially with regard to the lottery director's imposition of computerized drawings, but at the same time I'm not going to complain about the computerized drawings in every topic that deals with the Tennessee Lottery.  If I did that, people would no longer want to read anything I wrote about the Tennessee Lottery.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8393 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2009, 11:57 am - IP Logged
      There's only one way to prove that Tennessee's payouts are worse now than they were before they switched to computerized drawings and that is to go to their web site and get a calculator and tally up all the payout's for a year. Then check the total with 2008

Hence i already did this a few months ago but i only did a few months worth of totals. I found the average payout's for pick 3 to be on average about the same or within 20 thousand dollars more or less.  

My deduction is that you really cant compare on a month to month basis because there are certain numbers that payed out out more because they are played by more people. 

You cant compare different states unless demographly each state has the sane amount of player population and games as each other.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
        North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2009, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Now that you've created a new and separate topic for complaining about the payouts in the Tennessee Lottery, please place any future complaints you may have on this topic into this one thread.

I have no problem with people complaining about their lottery, but the last thing anyone wants to read is for those complaints to be sprinkled into every single topic involving their state lottery.

There was a Lottery Post member a few years ago who would complain about the New York Lottery's low payout percentage in every single topic that involved the New York Lottery.  It was fine to complain about the percentage, and he actually had some good points, but it became unbearable to see the same message repeated inappropriately in every single topic.

So I'm mentioning this not to single you out, but just to be sure we prevent every topic about the Tennessee Lottery from turning into a complaint about payouts.  It may well be true -- I'm not disputing any of it -- but people generally are discouraged from discussing anything if they know the discussion will eventually be transformed into a complaint about lottery.

Believe me, I have some serious problems with the Tennessee Lottery, especially with regard to the lottery director's imposition of computerized drawings, but at the same time I'm not going to complain about the computerized drawings in every topic that deals with the Tennessee Lottery.  If I did that, people would no longer want to read anything I wrote about the Tennessee Lottery.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
          Member #62741
          July 7, 2008
          601 Posts
          Posted: July 14, 2009, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

The responses to this post are exactly what we expected.that is why I posted it ! Thank you for proving me right I won a $50 bet off a guy who no longer posts on this site thanks! C2

United States
            Member #62741
            July 7, 2008
            601 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2009, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

UH DUH iF YOU HAVE READ MY POSTS IT COMPARES AND MENTIONS THE STATES SIZE! lOOK Tn has <snip> for payouts and if you think they are the SAME ...not sane you are insane!!! It takes people like you guys to keep lotteries going! lol   C2

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23352 Posts
              Posted: July 14, 2009, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

The responses to this post are exactly what we expected.that is why I posted it ! Thank you for proving me right I won a $50 bet off a guy who no longer posts on this site thanks! C2

No problem.  You plan on joining him?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8393 Posts
                Posted: July 14, 2009, 2:41 pm - IP Logged
                Care of Tennessee lottery Annual reports

Look at page 27 of this document 2008-2007 prizes paid

cash paid for prizes in 2008

cash paid for prizes in 2007

Look at page 27 of this document 2006-2005 prizes paid

cash paid for prizes
                534,635,000 in 2006

cash paid for prizes
                444,019,000 in 2005

North Dakota
                  United States
                  Member #13397
                  April 5, 2005
                  1623 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2009, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

You must really NOT have a life.

Back on topic...  Why don't you focus on sales rather than payouts?  Just because you see people playing in both Georgia and Tennessee doesn't mean anything to me.  Payouts mean nothing to me.  There are so many variables in your argument.  I want numbers.  If you are going to convince anyone of anything you must provide proof.  (That doesn't include looking at payouts and seeing a few people play.  You can't be everywhere in a particular state at a particular time.)

antioch tn
                    United States
                    Member #65338
                    September 24, 2008
                    359 Posts
                    Posted: July 15, 2009, 11:58 am - IP Logged
                    There's only one way to prove that Tennessee's payouts are worse now than they were before they switched to computerized drawings and that is to go to their web site and get a calculator and tally up all the payout's for a year. Then check the total with 2008

Hence i already did this a few months ago but i only did a few months worth of totals. I found the average payout's for pick 3 to be on average about the same or within 20 thousand dollars more or less.  

My deduction is that you really cant compare on a month to month basis because there are certain numbers that payed out out more because they are played by more people. 

You cant compare different states unless demographly each state has the sane amount of player population and games as each other.

The Lottery Commission admitted about a month ago that sales of the pick 3 and pick 4 were low, and if that continued, the scholarships would be affected.  That's why TN has to keep a high reserve ($395 million presently) in scholarships.  The best way to keep high reserves is to keep payouts low.  They already know the popular and high pay numbers and at the appropriate time they fall, but a reserve has to be built up so the reserve is not affected.  The 2009 total will definitely be much lower than 2008.  Your totals cannnot compare 2008 to 2009 because the fiscal year is July 2008 to June 30, 2009.  And yes, TN does loose lottery revenue to surrounding states such as Georgia and especially KY.  Where ever the better payouts are and proximity, that's where folks go.  As for your TN lottery Report, that includes all sales such as scratchoffs and promotional prizes.   I don't think Copper was referring to the scratches and promotions.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8393 Posts
                      Posted: July 15, 2009, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

The Lottery Commission admitted about a month ago that sales of the pick 3 and pick 4 were low, and if that continued, the scholarships would be affected.  That's why TN has to keep a high reserve ($395 million presently) in scholarships.  The best way to keep high reserves is to keep payouts low.  They already know the popular and high pay numbers and at the appropriate time they fall, but a reserve has to be built up so the reserve is not affected.  The 2009 total will definitely be much lower than 2008.  Your totals cannnot compare 2008 to 2009 because the fiscal year is July 2008 to June 30, 2009.  And yes, TN does loose lottery revenue to surrounding states such as Georgia and especially KY.  Where ever the better payouts are and proximity, that's where folks go.  As for your TN lottery Report, that includes all sales such as scratchoffs and promotional prizes.   I don't think Copper was referring to the scratches and promotions.

In every state across this country scratch offs account for more revenue for the states than any other game.

Pick 3 sales may be lower in Tennessee and other states but that doesn't mean the payouts are.  Many people play specific numbers every day like triples, house numbers, car tag numbers, and telephone exchanges, and such when you see payouts you have to look and that number and ask yourself what caused that number to have a better or worse payout. Many auto mechanics and car enthusiasts play engine numbers like 283 396 327 454 440 383 and many more ###'s in addition how many people played the house number they or their family live in or lived in that had the same numbers as the auto mechanics.

The average Joe and sue doesn't do workouts doesn't buy numbers based on statistics. A good percentage of lottery players have numbers they play every day based on many factors. Die hards also have numbers thy play every day. Lots of people get quick pics too.

I'm not comparing anything to anything Copper is.  I wouldn't compare one state with another unless i had facts and figures to back up my statements. Nearly every state lottery has this information on their website. I tried to find Georgia's revenue statistics and i muddled through many pages of the info. It isn't as clearly printed in accountable form as Tennessee's is.  Georgia's lottery has been in operation since the early 90's Tennessee's is less than 10 yrs old comparisons for payout cant be deduced because they only had evening drawings and didn't switch to midday drawings until just before the switch to computers. Accurate info on payout revenues cant be tallied from year to year because of that.

Having said all that i think the problem is many people are disgruntled with Tennessee's lottery director having switched from ball drawings to computerized drawing. So some of them have become insistently perturbed and cant get over it, so they spout off that Tennessee has a bad lottery isn't run correctly and all kinds of other fabricated junk. While i am in no way defending the lottery director she has continuously made money ever since she worked as a lottery director. And no matter how badly people complain that she is a horrible lottery director the facts are she has more experience as a start up and interim lottery director than probably any other lottery director.

She has proved without a shadow of a doubt that she can make the states she worked for make money and thats what the job is about making the state money.

If i lived on the border line near another state within walking distance I'd go broke trying to play all my picks for both states. If i lived on the border and that state paid more money for a win than my state i would just play their. That's a no brainier.

United States
                        Member #62741
                        July 7, 2008
                        601 Posts
                        Posted: July 15, 2009, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Dude you are from Maryland...why do you even post on Tn board? how funny! C2

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8393 Posts
                          Posted: July 15, 2009, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

Dude you are from Maryland...why do you even post on Tn board? how funny! C2

Your from Georgia why do you post on Tennessee's board.

Well for me maybe it's because i like Tennessee maybe it's because my grandfather was born there maybe it's because i like Lottomike as a friend and tried to help him win at pick 4 game when they  started that. Maybe it's because i can post anywhere i want in any thread and any board i feel like it.

You don't know me you don't know anything about me. When Nbey And a few others posted they recognized that there were no doubles being drawn in Tennessee when they switched to computers i was also looking at that information. She and i both contacted Tennessee lotto to tell them about it, both of use got no firm response from Tennessee lotto that they would look into the problem. So i got peeved and called the governors office then i called the Tennessean newspaper BUT NOT BEFORE I GOT PROOF THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG. I copied three different states that draw numbers with computers.... pick 3 and 4 drawings and than i copied and pasted Tennessee's lottery drawings. Sent them in emails to the Tenn lottery the newspaper and the governor's office The Tenn newspaper got a mathematician to verify my findings and the ball started rolling to fix the glitch. If it weren't for me who knows how long Tennessee would have gotten away with the glitch, even though they were getting hundreds of emails and phone call about it they did nothing all this can be verified by doing a search or reading lottery post news columns about it.

You have absolutely no right to call me closed minded just because you got a bug up your ___ about low payouts verse other states. If you have proof the Tennessee is corrupted do something about it or pass that information onto someone who will.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8393 Posts
                            Posted: July 16, 2009, 2:28 am - IP Logged

Also i'd like to add this as well.

Based on these facts from the census bureau there are 3,470,856 more people in Georgia than Tennessee
                            That means a lot more people in Georgia are able to play the lottery

Even if you divide the populations of both states in half there are 1,735,428 more potential players in Georgia than tennessee no wonder Georgia has a better payout. 

Also there no way to determine the player versus player ratio from each state because were not privileged to that info unless you get the total amount or average amount of daily players in each state from the lottery personal.

Tennessee Population, 2008 estimate 6,214,888 divide in half = 3,107,444
                            Persons under 5 years old, percent, 2007  6.7%
                            Persons under 18 years old, percent, 2007  23.9%
                            Persons 65 years old and over, percent, 2007  12.9%

Georgia Population, 2008 estimate 9,685,744 divide in half = 4,842,872
                            Persons under 5 years old, percent, 2007  7.7%
                            Persons under 18 years old, percent, 2007  26.5%
                            Persons 65 years old and over, percent, 2007  9.9%

North Dakota
                              United States
                              Member #13397
                              April 5, 2005
                              1623 Posts
                              Posted: July 16, 2009, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Also i'd like to add this as well.

Based on these facts from the census bureau there are 3,470,856 more people in Georgia than Tennessee
                              That means a lot more people in Georgia are able to play the lottery

Even if you divide the populations of both states in half there are 1,735,428 more potential players in Georgia than tennessee no wonder Georgia has a better payout. 

Also there no way to determine the player versus player ratio from each state because were not privileged to that info unless you get the total amount or average amount of daily players in each state from the lottery personal.

Tennessee Population, 2008 estimate 6,214,888 divide in half = 3,107,444
                              Persons under 5 years old, percent, 2007  6.7%
                              Persons under 18 years old, percent, 2007  23.9%
                              Persons 65 years old and over, percent, 2007  12.9%

Georgia Population, 2008 estimate 9,685,744 divide in half = 4,842,872
                              Persons under 5 years old, percent, 2007  7.7%
                              Persons under 18 years old, percent, 2007  26.5%
                              Persons 65 years old and over, percent, 2007  9.9%

But remember the population for either state doesn't matter to C2...  He sees a lot of people playing in Tennessee and that is enough to back up what he is saying.  (Sarcasm)