Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Lottery and Anonymity

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 7 years ago by mrtightwad.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
New Jersey
United States
Member #78919
August 24, 2009
46 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2009, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone compiled a list of state's that allow Blind Trusts? I know NJ is a state that allows an LLC, but you can also find out the owners of the LLC if one was to ask the Division of Taxation. I am not sure if NJ allows Blind Trusts....(that would be sweet...just like that Ohio guy).

If someone could point me in the right direction, it'd be most appreciated.

New Jersey
    United States
    Member #79460
    September 1, 2009
    5 Posts
    Posted: September 1, 2009, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

If I won I would not want to broadcast it to anyone, I usually buy tickets that don't offer big jackpots for this reason. to get a lawyer and do an LLC or trust is first you have to find a trustworthy lawyer and thats a tough search. other problems are your job and relatives. I could never do a press conference.

San Diego, CA
      United States
      Member #58386
      February 12, 2008
      287 Posts
      Posted: September 2, 2009, 11:53 am - IP Logged

If I won I would not want to broadcast it to anyone, I usually buy tickets that don't offer big jackpots for this reason. to get a lawyer and do an LLC or trust is first you have to find a trustworthy lawyer and thats a tough search. other problems are your job and relatives. I could never do a press conference.

California allows players to claim a jackpot anonymously. 

There is no reason any other state can't do the same.

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #79460
        September 1, 2009
        5 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2009, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I just got an email response from nj lotto. they state its a matter of public record anyone can check who the winners are, also it "can" be a requirement to do a press conference if you win. that about sums it up. Maybe its for the best playing for small jackpots under a mil.