Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question about "Click To Pay" online Transaction

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
South Carolina
United States
Member #18322
July 9, 2005
1743 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2009, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I tried to open an account and place a bet on everyone's favorite online lottery site, and when I got down to the "payment type" option, there was no option to pay by regular credit card (visa), you had to pay by "Click To Pay" onlyI thought "Click To Pay" was only required for Non - US Customers.  I live in South Carolina, USA.

Why are US customers required to use this service to place a bet????

Anyway, I tried to register with "Click To Pay", and their website gave me an ERROR message, stating that my IP Address was not located in the US or any of the countries that they service, therefore I could not set up an account with "Click To Pay". Since I could not set up an account, I could not place a bet through everyone's favorite online lottery website, which has no other options for payment by US customers.

Can someone please explain why this happened, and what to do about it ???? If Click To Pay is not in service to US Customers anymore, that means that everyone's favorite online lottery website CANNOT be utilized either by New US customers. Is this TRUE, or Not ?????

There is only one other website option for playing Pick 3/4 online. Does anyone know if this site is a safe bet or not ??? (without mentioning the name of the site)

Thanks.

P.S. I sent a Question about what happened to the Customer Service Dept. of the online lottery website, and they have NOT responded with an explanation yet.  I don't know if they ever will. 

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
    Connecticut
    United States
    Member #61623
    May 29, 2008
    20581 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2009, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I saw the same thing...."Anyway, I tried to register with "Click To Pay", and their website gave me an ERROR message, stating that my IP Address was not located in the US or any of the countries that they service, therefore I could not set up an account with "Click To Pay".

..can't wait to see when someone could clarify this.I'm dying to make some real extra money

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3112 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2009, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

It is currently illegal for U.S. banks and credit card companies to process payments to and from legal gambling sites in other countries.  This is why a third party like Click to Pay is necessary as a work around. 

Your ISP might be routing you through servers in some other country like China or India regardless of where you make payments to,  or perhaps you are using some kind of throw away account Click to Pay won't work with. 

Sometimes when setting up various accounts online people have to select their country from a popup column and if they don't double click right the box closes and reverts to the top selection like Afghanistan.  You may want to review your ISP account just to be sure there's nothing weird in there.

BobP

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23348 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2009, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

I personally think click 2 pay's message is just setup the opposite of what they are trying to say.  I think they're trying to say that you are from the USA and therefore can't register.

Off the top of my head, I can think of two scenarios that could get you started:

1. If you have a friend or relative in Canada or some other non-USA country, have them register a click 2 pay account in their name, and send them the money to fund it.
        2. Maybe another Lottery Post member in another country could help you out by allowing you access to their account.
        3. Any other ideas...?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #18322
          July 9, 2005
          1743 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2009, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

It is currently illegal for U.S. banks and credit card companies to process payments to and from legal gambling sites in other countries.  This is why a third party like Click to Pay is necessary as a work around. 

Your ISP might be routing you through servers in some other country like China or India regardless of where you make payments to,  or perhaps you are using some kind of throw away account Click to Pay won't work with. 

Sometimes when setting up various accounts online people have to select their country from a popup column and if they don't double click right the box closes and reverts to the top selection like Afghanistan.  You may want to review your ISP account just to be sure there's nothing weird in there.

BobP

I have DSL Internet Service through Bellsouth, now owned by AT&T.  When I filled out the account information page on the lottery website, I indicated that I am located in the United States.  When I clicked through to "Click To Pay" I received the ERROR message that my IP Address was not located in the US or any area that they serviceWhy would AT&T be routing my DSL service through a foreign country ??? Someone else just posted that he/she had experienced the same problem trying to set up an online lottery account. 

Can anyone explain what happened or what to do about it ????

Does this mean that I should try setting up an account from a Public Library computer ????  If this works, I would have to make all online lottery bets from the Public Library.

Thanks.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3112 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2009, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

He's looking to play Pick-3/4 online.  The two you mentioned are for Jackpot games.

The Lotter developed such a bad reputation for banking their own bets and paying a mere fraction of the prize they recently began buying actual tickets or at least they now claim to buy tickets.   The Lotter has several lottery ticket sales sites under different names besides Lotter.

Conga Lotto, never heard of them before, but there are many lottery ticket butler services out there.  I would recommend U.S.A. MEGA as the best if they have the game you want to play. 

BobP

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #18322
              July 9, 2005
              1743 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2009, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

I am looking for Legitimate online lottery websites that allow Nationwide Pick 3/4 betsI am not interested in playing Pick 5/6 or Powerball online.  I can play those games at home in my own state, SC.

FL
                United States
                Member #77284
                July 19, 2009
                60 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2009, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry destinycreation. I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant jackpot games.

Hmmm, I had no idea that they were that unscrupulous. how unfortunate..

FL
                  United States
                  Member #77284
                  July 19, 2009
                  60 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2009, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

BOBp, would you give me the link to their site through PM?

Thank you.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8391 Posts
                    Posted: August 6, 2009, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

I am looking for Legitimate online lottery websites that allow Nationwide Pick 3/4 betsI am not interested in playing Pick 5/6 or Powerball online.  I can play those games at home in my own state, SC.

did you read Todd's post.

At the present time it's against the law for any bank or lending institution in the USA to fund a gambling account oversees or out of the USA territory.

You can set up an account but to fund it your going to have to find another way or wait till the USA government amends the overseas gambling laws.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #18322
                      July 9, 2005
                      1743 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2009, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

BOBp, would you give me the link to their site through PM?

Thank you.

Does anyone know where this particular online lottery website (everyone's favorite, that we cannot mention) is located ???  I read somewhere that it might be set up in Singapore.  Is this True ???

It just occured to me, that when you click through from the lottery website (in the process of trying to set up an account), if the online lottery website is OFF SHORE somewhere, then their IP address is the one NOT located in any country that "Click To Pay" services.

Also, Why is the online lottery website still allowing OLD US Customers, who have already registered in previous years, to continue to place online bets ??? Their databases haven't recognized the difference between OLD and NEW US Customers yet ??? Or, have they just decided to ignore this ???

Thank you to TODD for pointing out that the phrase on their website "NON - US Customers" in reference to "Click To Pay", means that they only cater to Non - US Customers, and NOT to US Customers anymore.  (Even though it is curious that when you click through to Click To Pay from the lottery website, their (Click's) website indicates that they DO service the United States and several other foreign countries.  Perhaps they don't service the US for online Lottery service anymore though. )

Any feedback, anyone ???

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8391 Posts
                        Posted: August 6, 2009, 7:31 pm - IP Logged
                        the other site is located Costa Rica

This site

Lists their address as
                        32 Maxwell Rd #03-07 Singapore SC US
                        Found this on Bet slips
                        Q:How do I pay for my order?
                        A:
                        Get a Click 2 Pay Account!Get a Click 2 Pay Account
                            (Non-US customers)
                        We currently use a service called Click 2 Pay for all payments from non-US customers.  We will be adding other payment options soon.  For non-US customers, to pay for an order you first need to register for a Click 2 Pay account (click the link to the right).  Once you register and activate your Click 2 Pay account, you will be able to pay for an order simply by typing the e-mail address you registered with and entering your Click 2 Pay PAN, which is a unique 16-digit number that Click 2 Pay provides to you.  If you have any trouble using Click 2 Pay, their friendly Customer Service is available via phone and email, and they will help you solve the problem.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #18322
                          July 9, 2005
                          1743 Posts
                          Posted: August 6, 2009, 7:49 pm - IP Logged
                          the other site is located Costa Rica

This site

Lists their address as
                          32 Maxwell Rd #03-07 Singapore SC US
                          Found this on Bet slips
                          Q:How do I pay for my order?
                          A:
                          Get a Click 2 Pay Account!Get a Click 2 Pay Account
                              (Non-US customers)
                          We currently use a service called Click 2 Pay for all payments from non-US customers.  We will be adding other payment options soon.  For non-US customers, to pay for an order you first need to register for a Click 2 Pay account (click the link to the right).  Once you register and activate your Click 2 Pay account, you will be able to pay for an order simply by typing the e-mail address you registered with and entering your Click 2 Pay PAN, which is a unique 16-digit number that Click 2 Pay provides to you.  If you have any trouble using Click 2 Pay, their friendly Customer Service is available via phone and email, and they will help you solve the problem.

Which website is located in Costa Rica ??? Click to Pay ??? Or the other online lottery website that allows you to play national Pick 3/4 online (that we cannot mention either) ???

I read the instructions on the online lottery website mentioned above when I tried to set up an account.  The question is, HOW DO United States CUSTOMERS SET UP AN ACCOUNT ???  The information mentioned above is for NON - US CUSTOMERS. 

Thanks.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #17843
                            June 28, 2005
                            51029 Posts
                            Posted: August 6, 2009, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

I personally think click 2 pay's message is just setup the opposite of what they are trying to say.  I think they're trying to say that you are from the USA and therefore can't register.

Off the top of my head, I can think of two scenarios that could get you started:

1. If you have a friend or relative in Canada or some other non-USA country, have them register a click 2 pay account in their name, and send them the money to fund it.
                            2. Maybe another Lottery Post member in another country could help you out by allowing you access to their account.
                            3. Any other ideas...?

Don't break the law and don't encourage others to break the law.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                              Stone Mountain*Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #828
                              November 2, 2002
                              10491 Posts
                              Posted: August 6, 2009, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

It's at times like this I'm glad to be an " Ant " ( a citizen of Antarctica )

My country has long claimed diplomatic immunity on such matters. In the case of legal disputes.... over such arbitrary points such as taxation, illegal parking, over eating, and INTERNET gambling, the controlling authority has always been my homeland of Antarctica.  In recognition of my status and diplomatic immunity with regard to arbitrary, selective, enforcement of moral or legal codes on my person, they shall not be recognized. The controlling authority shall always reside with the National Government of Antarctica. God Bless Antarctica my homeland.  

On behalf of all my fellow "Ants" antarctic ans .....we rebel against all such attempts at restricting us from following the beliefs and customs of out native country. 

The National Federal Government of Antarctica   

\Antarctica flag   

The antarctic an motto,..........  "If it's cool ....it is cool    

Note: The first 100 people wishing to apply for Antarctic citizenship at our temperary Embassy here in Stone Mountain Ga. this week will receive the official Antarctica Coffee Cup. Just include a small one time shipping and handling charge of $98. U.S.  

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d