Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why don't I get a receipt for purchasing a lottery ticket usually?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by BORGUSX.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Eden Prairie, MN
United States
Member #49875
February 18, 2007
63 Posts
Posted: August 15, 2009, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Why don't I get a receipt for purchasing a lottery ticket usually?  I think that there was only one time (08/08/09) where I got a receipt.  Before that,I didn't know that you could get a receipt for purchasing a lottery ticket.  Now,every time I go to buy a lottery ticket.  I would ask to see if I could get a receipt,so if I ever lose my lottery ticket.  I would have something to prove with to the lottery headquarter.

bigdaddy's avatar - aviator2 1.jpg
    BETWEEN OAKRIDGE AND WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
    United States
    Member #1647
    June 10, 2003
    2276 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2009, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Why don't I get a receipt for purchasing a lottery ticket usually?  I think that there was only one time (08/08/09) where I got a receipt.  Before that,I didn't know that you could get a receipt for purchasing a lottery ticket.  Now,every time I go to buy a lottery ticket.  I would ask to see if I could get a receipt,so if I ever lose my lottery ticket.  I would have something to prove with to the lottery headquarter.

your ticket is your reciept...

Relax,Bigdaddy has your number!!!!!

Pi is the way...

turning $30 or less into thousands everyday!!

here we go steelers ..here we go---------stairway to seven 

TIME FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO  COME  HOME..

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20115 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2009, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Thats actually the best thing to do, as long as you're able to get a receipt. Time, date, and type...        Good back-up. In case the ticket is lost....! 

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23266 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2009, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Perhaps even take a peek at the store's security camera at the time of purchase.  Who knows, if they have to roll back the tape to see who purchased a lottery ticket at a specific time, you'll be clearly identified.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49752 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2009, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Lottery Post Forums Search is Your Friend:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/194536/1313428

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2009, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I guess you could ask them to give you a receipt, but I don't know how many stores would do that. I have never gotten a receipt for purchasing my lottery tickets.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23266 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2009, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

A kind reader noted that you posted the same topic a little while ago:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/194536

Please do not post the same topic more than once.  Thanks!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49752 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2009, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

The Lottery Ticket is a Multi-Purpose Document:

1. It Serves as Your Entry into the Drawing
                2. It Serves as Your Receipt for the Transaction
                3. It Serves as Your Claim to the Prize You Won

It's an Important Document: So Keep It Safe!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Eden Prairie, MN
                  United States
                  Member #49875
                  February 18, 2007
                  63 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2009, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

I apologize,Todd! I forgot.  So far,there is only one place that I haven't been to for about 2 months.  The other two places that I do still go to would be able to prodcue a receipt for you if you ask for it. I never knew that I could,if I did,then I would.

By the way,it would not be hard to recognize me!  A 20 years old Asian male with long hair and hobo facial hair.  Yes,I am going for an all natural look!  Considering the Asian population is about five percent in the United States!