Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Post Online Record Be Broken Tonight?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by djklaugh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will the online record of 9,123 on 3-6-2007 be broken tonight?

Tonight [ 20 ]  [48.78%]
Tomorrow [ 4 ]  [9.76%]
Will Not Be Broken [ 17 ]  [41.46%]
Total Valid Votes [ 41 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #75060
May 26, 2009
300 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2009, 9:13 am - IP Logged

It's very simple: Lottery Post grows in audience size every week.  It is now the largest non-government lottery web site on the planet.  As a result, we get situations where 11,000 people are simultaneously viewing the site at any one second.

Did you also notice that the site remained operational the whole evening?  Did you try going to any of the state lottery web sites and see that they were frozen?  Lottery Post benefits from my IT background, and is able to handle big traffic spikes much better than most sites.

I normally don't pat myself on the back, but sometimes it is nice to take stock in things. Smile

Nothin' wrong with being successful, Todd, and giving yourself a little credit for it!!! Hey, WE are our only limitation in life...believe it!! Congratulations!!!

I like your place!!!

'Match

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23275 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2009, 9:14 am - IP Logged

more people googleing lotto, more people on here

also, todd you was ready for tonite, great job

i have not notice any slow downs

, but the poor snips at the lotto state sites, just got pwned hard

megamillions offical web site, is going at snail rates,

Mega Millions site has crashed and burned tonite

just wait

if it rolls, todd and the offical state lotto sites, kiss your ass's goodbye at next drawing time

your web server will flat out have a heart attack

Record:

congrats todd, thro it could be broken above that soon

Why didn't I use that phrase too?  The state lotto sites got pwned! LOL Yes Nod

I'm kicking myself because the number could have been higher.  The counter got reset at about 11:22 when I changed a config setting to let more traffic through.  Next time I would remove the limit, now that I know the site can handle that much traffic with no problem (once I disable a few processor-intensive pages, like I did last night).

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #22395
      September 24, 2005
      1583 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2009, 9:46 am - IP Logged

Why didn't I use that phrase too?  The state lotto sites got pwned! LOL Yes Nod

I'm kicking myself because the number could have been higher.  The counter got reset at about 11:22 when I changed a config setting to let more traffic through.  Next time I would remove the limit, now that I know the site can handle that much traffic with no problem (once I disable a few processor-intensive pages, like I did last night).

Had to run to an online definition.

At first glance it resembles the rest of the errors in his spelling but I think "Completely annihilated" sounds like what he meant!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23275 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2009, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

pwned is the correct spelling. lulz

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #22395
          September 24, 2005
          1583 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2009, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I agree it is the correct spelling - I posted an online definition for it, one that seemed to best apply.

"Completely annihilated"

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
            Portland,Oregon
            United States
            Member #14387
            April 25, 2005
            229 Posts
            Posted: August 30, 2009, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

It's very simple: Lottery Post grows in audience size every week.  It is now the largest non-government lottery web site on the planet.  As a result, we get situations where 11,000 people are simultaneously viewing the site at any one second.

Did you also notice that the site remained operational the whole evening?  Did you try going to any of the state lottery web sites and see that they were frozen?  Lottery Post benefits from my IT background, and is able to handle big traffic spikes much better than most sites.

I normally don't pat myself on the back, but sometimes it is nice to take stock in things. Smile

WIG Todd!!  Well if you don't pat your self on the back, please allow me (and other LP denizens) to do so!! You run a terrific site and kudos are well deserved  Thumbs Up

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison