Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Chi-square

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Lkydeb*594.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
Member #6363
August 20, 2004
4054 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2009, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

The other day I had the good fortune to hit 5 out of 6 numbers in a local Lotto game.

I had to go to the local Lottery office to pick up my winnings (had to sign paper work for taxes)

While I was there they were minutes from conducting the midday drawing, I ask if it would be ok for me to watch.

They said it would be fine. They proceeded to tell me all the in's and out's of the drawing and the procedures

they use to conduct the drawing. The one thing that popped up several times was something called

Chi-square. Here is a link about Chi_square. I myself have not looked it over yet, but thought I would share

with other players one of the programs used as part of security protocols used for the computerized drawings. 

While there, I saw the older ball machines and turn to them and said, Ah, the days the game still had excitement and integrity.

That is when the lecture on security was given to me for the second time. Wink

I hope you find this info useful in your endeavors to hit the big one.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
    Charlotte North Carolina
    United States
    Member #464
    July 9, 2002
    17392 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2009, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

The other day I had the good fortune to hit 5 out of 6 numbers in a local Lotto game.

I had to go to the local Lottery office to pick up my winnings (had to sign paper work for taxes)

While I was there they were minutes from conducting the midday drawing, I ask if it would be ok for me to watch.

They said it would be fine. They proceeded to tell me all the in's and out's of the drawing and the procedures

they use to conduct the drawing. The one thing that popped up several times was something called

Chi-square. Here is a link about Chi_square. I myself have not looked it over yet, but thought I would share

with other players one of the programs used as part of security protocols used for the computerized drawings. 

While there, I saw the older ball machines and turn to them and said, Ah, the days the game still had excitement and integrity.

WTG on your hit DA!  Did you pick your numbers or was it a QP?  Just curious.

wpb

United States
      Member #6363
      August 20, 2004
      4054 Posts
      Posted: September 13, 2009, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

WTG on your hit DA!  Did you pick your numbers or was it a QP?  Just curious.

Thank you wpb.

It was a computer pick. I don't try to do any stats charting on the big games.

P4 is the biggest game I do charting on and I haven't done any of those or P3's for a while now.

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
        Kentucky
        United States
        Member #35086
        March 12, 2006
        10374 Posts
        Posted: September 13, 2009, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

DA

I enjoyed your post...........very  interesting............WTG on your hit  !!!!!!!!!! 

I looked over the  Chi  Square

It was really too simple though      LOL    ( Just  Joking  )    LOL

I  truely  feel you could win the Mega Millions or the Powerball one day

No one would be  more  deserving than you

Best  Wishes

Astekblue

United States
          Member #6363
          August 20, 2004
          4054 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2009, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Hello AB,

You are always very kind. May you get all the riches life truly has to offer.

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
            Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2009, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Hello AB,

You are always very kind. May you get all the riches life truly has to offer.

Thank  You  DA

I feel the same about you

Astekblue

Long Island, NY
              United States
              Member #57412
              January 3, 2008
              419 Posts
              Posted: September 18, 2009, 2:20 am - IP Logged

I wish there was a Chi-square for dummies. A simplified explanation.  This could be a useful piece of the puzzle I could use in my pursuit to crack/forecast computer draws.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7302 Posts
                Posted: September 18, 2009, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I wish there was a Chi-square for dummies. A simplified explanation.  This could be a useful piece of the puzzle I could use in my pursuit to crack/forecast computer draws.

If the program is designed to produce random numbers, they shouldn't need to check it against Chi Square. They probably do for fear someone like you may be able to duplicate their program and tweak it every so often.

With live ball drawings the outcome shouldn't matter even if the ball sets and/or machines are changed everyday as long each ball has an equal chance of being drawn. "Equal chance" should be the definition of random not tweaking computer programs based on a theory of what random should look like.

increase's avatar - focus
                  VA
                  United States
                  Member #54828
                  August 31, 2007
                  37855 Posts
                  Posted: September 18, 2009, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Dead_Aim:

Congratulations on your hit!  Big Smile

Now that chi square information made me have all sorts of flashbacks from my statistics class.

LOL!

You've help so many people with your posts; I am happy that you won.

Good Luck tonight!

Happy Winning!!!  Sun Smiley

United States
                    Member #6363
                    August 20, 2004
                    4054 Posts
                    Posted: September 19, 2009, 7:15 am - IP Logged

Dead_Aim:

Congratulations on your hit!  Big Smile

Now that chi square information made me have all sorts of flashbacks from my statistics class.

LOL!

You've help so many people with your posts; I am happy that you won.

Good Luck tonight!

Happy Winning!!!  Sun Smiley

Thank you increase.

Statistics class.... ewww Scared

I finally took the time to look Chi-square over and I couldn't follow it either.

Many Winners to You.

D_A

sysp34's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      Heroic City
                      Indonesia
                      Member #31689
                      February 2, 2006
                      1153 Posts
                      Posted: September 19, 2009, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

DA conggrat on your 5 of 6 winning

ops i got C in statistics class no wonder i couldn't using chi square lol

as far as i remember:

...chi-square distribution is used are the common chi-square tests for goodness of fit of an observed distribution to a theoretical one, and of the independence of two criteria of classification of qualitative data.

so chi-square designed to test some "filters/methods/strategy" that meet goodness of fit by using observation and expectation. a glitch using this one larger data (observation and expectation) will be "smoothing goodness of fit" results i mean it will be "passing the theoretical" in other work our "filters/methods/strategy" work.

good luck

Et erunt signa in sole.......Et luna et stellis.......Et presura gentium
                      Prae confusione sonitus maris.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: September 20, 2009, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like the Chi-square test is done to make sure the numbers are random enough that no one can develop a system to predict when they might come up.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7302 Posts
                          Posted: September 20, 2009, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like the Chi-square test is done to make sure the numbers are random enough that no one can develop a system to predict when they might come up.

I always wondered what random drawings are suppose to look like. All I have to go by is ball drawings and it sure looks like each ball has the same chance of being drawn. Do the RNG states change their programs to make the results "look like random"?

United States
                            Member #6363
                            August 20, 2004
                            4054 Posts
                            Posted: September 21, 2009, 12:23 am - IP Logged

This is the type of results their Chi-square says is normal.

In the last 10 drawings for the midday game the pair 68 came out 6 times.

In the evening game the pair 17 has come 3 times in a row

and before the next 7 drawings are done I expect the pair will show 3 more times. 

Computer drawings are very bad to clump digits back to back to back.

There is absolutely nothing random about their drawings. Nothing! P***ed

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Jack-C's avatar - us
                              San Diego, CA
                              United States
                              Member #61467
                              May 24, 2008
                              28146 Posts
                              Posted: September 21, 2009, 12:46 am - IP Logged

This is the type of results their Chi-square says is normal.

In the last 10 drawings for the midday game the pair 68 came out 6 times.

In the evening game the pair 17 has come 3 times in a row

and before the next 7 drawings are done I expect the pair will show 3 more times. 

Computer drawings are very bad to clump digits back to back to back.

There is absolutely nothing random about their drawings. Nothing! P***ed

What state are you talking about?  I don't see it listed in this thread and since you don't have your state listed in your profile, I don't have a clue!!