Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question??

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #78782
August 21, 2009
8 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2009, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

i would like to know something. these big jackpot winners winning millions of dollars and all of them are just random people anybody can win lottery you just have to play   right? ok now! not all of them invaste their money some of them keep their money and live a life normal way. i want to know if it is ok for me to ask for some money ? i want to get in touch with some of these winners i am not sure if it is legal or illegal? this is not funny question.  what are your thoughts/opinions on this??

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49725 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2009, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Winners remain anonymous: To avoid this type of annoyance!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
      Member #61232
      May 16, 2008
      126 Posts
      Posted: September 18, 2009, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Just imagine that you won.  Now imagine that you have dozens of people writing, calling, and coming up to you with their sob story asking for money.  Would you give them some?  Probably not because if you did it wouldn't be long till you ran out of money.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2009, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

"i want to know if it is ok for me to ask for some money ? i want to getin touch with some of these winners i am not sure if it is legal orillegal? this is not funny question.  what are your thoughts/opinionson this??"

You're a leech or at least a wannabe leech.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: September 19, 2009, 12:18 am - IP Logged

It's not illegal, but I do think it would make you look bad. Why do you think you are entitled to ask a lottery winner for some of their money? Would you go up to some stranger on the street and ask them to give you money? Would you go up to a celebrity and ask them for a handout? I doubt it. Just because someone won something, doesn't mean you or anyone else is entitled to it.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2009, 1:03 am - IP Logged

i would like to know something. these big jackpot winners winning millions of dollars and all of them are just random people anybody can win lottery you just have to play   right? ok now! not all of them invaste their money some of them keep their money and live a life normal way. i want to know if it is ok for me to ask for some money ? i want to get in touch with some of these winners i am not sure if it is legal or illegal? this is not funny question.  what are your thoughts/opinions on this??

.......anybody can win lottery you just have to play   right?

If you really believed that you would be playing  to win a jackpot for yourself.  Or are you the type that think others who have more than you owe you something?   I don't want those types around me and I've never won a lottery and I certainly wouldn't have anything to do with them if I did.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

germantown md
              United States
              Member #64543
              August 31, 2008
              3771 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2009, 1:07 am - IP Logged

i belive its ok if u can find a winner and present something formal in a form of a donation to benefit a group of people, an organization or something on that path but if its for self i dont see it happening unless its an extreme case then maybe u can ask.

its a long shot cos if u find a winner, there are others ahead of u with their hands out.

its not apprioprate to ask for self improvement.(just because u broke)lol

Go get u a lottery ticket,win millions and let people ask for money and see if u love the idea.

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: September 19, 2009, 1:21 am - IP Logged

Just beg Barry. He's a filthy rich lottery winner, but miserable.

He's giving his money away.

Write a good sob story and he may give it to you.

http://begbarry.com/

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                  Member #13130
                  March 30, 2005
                  2171 Posts
                  Posted: September 19, 2009, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Just beg Barry. He's a filthy rich lottery winner, but miserable.

He's giving his money away.

Write a good sob story and he may give it to you.

http://begbarry.com/

One Barry giveth, another Barry taxeth away. Clown

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                  Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: September 19, 2009, 3:23 am - IP Logged

Hey, any chance you're a good looking woman? Or have a wife, sister or cousin who's hot? Maybe your mom is still young? You should post some pictures. Naked, or at least in something skimpy. I'm looking for a bit of a fling, and it's just too much bother to go out and actually meet somebody, get to know them, and convince them I'm a nice guy and that I don't want to just use them because they've got something I want (I do, but that puts a lot of women off, you know?). I mean, sometimes it almost seems like actual work. So, how about it? Hook a guy up?

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #22395
                      September 24, 2005
                      1583 Posts
                      Posted: September 19, 2009, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Hey, any chance you're a good looking woman? Or have a wife, sister or cousin who's hot? Maybe your mom is still young? You should post some pictures. Naked, or at least in something skimpy. I'm looking for a bit of a fling, and it's just too much bother to go out and actually meet somebody, get to know them, and convince them I'm a nice guy and that I don't want to just use them because they've got something I want (I do, but that puts a lot of women off, you know?). I mean, sometimes it almost seems like actual work. So, how about it? Hook a guy up?

THAT is a dangerous analogy on the net!

I bet the odds are better than the lottery that someone can hook you up!

Party

dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
                        Midlands, SC
                        United States
                        Member #69698
                        January 14, 2009
                        303 Posts
                        Posted: September 19, 2009, 8:29 am - IP Logged

Way to go!  Nicely put!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: September 19, 2009, 9:24 am - IP Logged

you could also try geting the names of top CEO's of major companies, i hear they have truckloads of cash they didnt earn or deserve either, Im sure they just love mendicants phoneing, emailling, begging them in the street. etc. and at least their names are published on a directory.

but alas they have staff to keep the beggars at bay. Maybe lotto winners should to. hmmm you ever thought about asking for a job? keeping the beggars at bay from lotto winners?

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Sunny California
                            United States
                            Member #40295
                            May 31, 2006
                            7712 Posts
                            Posted: September 19, 2009, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Oh,boy,just when you thought you heard it all,lol. Can you say, "common sense"? What makes you think you could even contact these people? They don't know you from Adam and certainly would pay no attention even if you DID manage to get through.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7309 Posts
                              Posted: September 19, 2009, 11:52 am - IP Logged

It's not illegal, but I do think it would make you look bad. Why do you think you are entitled to ask a lottery winner for some of their money? Would you go up to some stranger on the street and ask them to give you money? Would you go up to a celebrity and ask them for a handout? I doubt it. Just because someone won something, doesn't mean you or anyone else is entitled to it.

Panhandling is an occupation and "looking bad" is part of the job and if it's not illegal the pros don't care what people think about them either.

Maybe it's the times, but lately I've seen guys holding signs asking for help near malls and shopping area parking lots but they're not individually asking anyone for money. If someone wants to stop and give them a couple of bucks, it's their choice.

Lottery jackpot winners probably do have many people they know or knew asking them for some money and a few "hello2009s" too. But I'll bet the amount of money their asking for is nothing compared to the charitable organizations. With people like hello2009, it depends on how many times they ask before it turns into harassment which is illegal.